Announcements and Forum Help! Requests for help, suggestions, and information. Also includes important Forum Announcements.

Old 05-24-2015, 04:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Default What's the policy on posters with anorexia and/or severe MI?

What's the current policy on posters with anorexia? I know that in the past, the forum rule was that this is not a good place for such folks, as it will be detrimental to their health, and also difficult for the rest of us, and that they would be kindly steered towards more appropriate places. If that is still the case, what should we do when people are posting in a way which makes it clear they're suffering from anorexia?

Also could you give us some guidance on what to do when people are describing severe mental illness and/or threatening suicide, please?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:35 AM   #2  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

So honestly, there is a delicate line between support of the person and support of their eating disorder. There used to actually be good places online for support of those that are recovering but sadly, those places have turned into support of the eating disorder. We have advised people who have eating disorders to work with their doctors. I would also advise people who are currently struggling with an eating disorder to look for blogs of those people that are in recovery, GoKaleo is a great one and there is also a Facebook food she runs called "Eating the Food".

As for those that have severe mental illness/suicide, again, it is something to direct them to seek medical advice. Again, if you see any of this, feel free to report it.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote