Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 09:31 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Nectar protein drinks

Since this is where I heard about it, I thought I would ask here too.

Ive looked up Nectar and checked the ingredients. I noticed that they use aspartame to sweeten it. My question is, does it affect anyones blood sugar here? and does it have that aspartame aftertaste?

Thanks
Robin
Old 08-10-2003, 06:00 PM   #2  

For me it does not affect my blood sugar and it does not have the after taste. I can't drink crystal light because of the after taste. I would suggest getting some samples before buying the big jug!

I love the apple and now I have the new strawberry kiwi on its way!!!

Hazel
Old 08-10-2003, 07:54 PM   #3  

Robin,

I'll be trying them near then end of the week and I'll let you know what I think of them. I have only heard good things about them!!

peach
Old 08-10-2003, 08:50 PM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

ok, sounds good.

So far I cant find it anywhere in Buffalo, I may have to order it online. I havent checked out the body building shops yet....I'll do that tomorrow morning.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:48 PM   #5  
Old Cackler

geez, robin. you ask hard questions!!!! if there's any aftertaste with aspartame, i guess i just like it! as for the blood sugar thing, mine's always been normal, so i just have no idea!!!

good luck!
Old 08-11-2003, 09:06 AM   #6  
she who must be obeyed

Hey Robin, as I sit here and sip on my Carribean Cooler/Cherry Berry drink (I like the two mixed) I don't get an aftertaste either. As for the blood sugar thing, unlike Jiff I did/was a diabetic (former diabetic here, my docs words) I don't check my sugars anymore so I can't answer if they go up or not. I know, I know, we're a lot of help aren't we.

As for purchasing it, I have not found it in any store, Jiff mentioned it was at the Vitamine Shoppe, but I purchased mine from DPS Nutrition on line. Quick turnaround too.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:06 PM   #7  

Could you please post the product name of the peach nectar please. I have gone on line but need a product name. Thanks Marsha
Old 08-13-2003, 04:48 AM   #8  
she who must be obeyed

Marsha, I'm not aware of a peach nectar.
Sounds good, wish there was some

The protein drink we reference is Nectar by Syntrax. It comes in 4 flavors Apple, Carribean Cooler, Cherry Berry and the new Kiwi Strawberry, which Hazel said is very good (she received her order yesterday.)
Old 08-13-2003, 08:50 AM   #9  
she who must be obeyed

YUMMY!!!!!!!!! Hazel gave me a sample of the strawberry-kiwi!! First sip, was so-so, but the more I drink of it the better it gets.

So thumbs up on the strawberry-kiwi
Old 08-13-2003, 02:50 PM   #10  

I have the nector and I hate it.. It taste so gross to me at least the carribian cooler.. I have not tried the others... I like the stuff from Baritrix it taste like kool aid... it doesnt have as much as much protien but if I am not going to drink it any protien is better then none right LOL...

this is where i get it ..

http://www.i-shophere.biz/higprotfruit.html

256 highest weight
251 day of surgery
186 current weight
13anything goal weight
65 lost since surgery
70 pounds total loss
Old 08-17-2003, 11:09 AM   #11  

Thanks for the info. Don't know where I got the Peach nectar info but now I know what to ask for. Sometimes I am a little slow. Marsha
Old 08-18-2003, 03:42 PM   #12  

Hi everyone-I need advice. My BF had WLS a month or so ago and is throwing up EVERYTHING including water. She consumes about 200 calories a day and I recommended (rightfully I think) her drinking the nectar or carnation instant breakfast to get some more nutrients. Her doctor told her no and that she can't rely on liquids....Isn't that better than not being able to eat ANYTHING! What do you think? Is her situation typical? thanks.
Old 08-18-2003, 09:10 PM   #13  
Old Cackler

cosmo... we need a little more info... is she throwing up saliva? is she chugging the water and then throwing up? it's possible that she has a stricture, a narrowing of the connection. it can be corrected, but it takes surgery.

most of us, no matter how well we eat, cannot possibly eat enough protein to meet our needs. and that's why we use protein supplements. NOT CARNATION INSTANT BREAKFAST!!!! Too many carbs, not enough protein.

what about pureed soup? baby food?

if it's any comfort, i threw up for a solid month, but it didn't start until week 6.

if you or your friend can tell us more details, maybe we could come up with something useful. throwing up has a lot of reasons, from eating too much or too fast to the stricture thing. and that includes drinking too much or too fast.

and some folks have tummies that will tolerate food/water at a certain temperature.
Closed Thread