South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 06:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Fire It Up Friday! SBD Chat for 5/22

It's time to RISE & SHINE!!!

Who's ready for coffee?
Old 05-22-2015, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

I'm up and one cup in already!

I can ride nearly 300 miles on a bicyle and feel great, just a little knew pain. One day pressure washing my house and I am a crippled mess lol. Thank you Motrin PM for a restful sleep. Today I am going to paint my deck and mailbox post. But first a trip to the grocery store. Having dinner, Friday night pizza, at my dear friend Ed's. Will be fun to play with the kids and Sadie. If time permits I am going to log some miles on the bike. Have a great day!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:14 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Finally Friday! May 22 Chat

Good morning! A tad chilly here this a.m. at 45ºF - sure glad I snuggled my small collection of herbs into the barn. Basil is the one that is most damaged by cold so it'll probably be next week before I plant much. On Monday we are supposed to revert to normal May weather with showers every day so that'll be the time to plant everything.

My house is in decent shape once again. Michell tore the stove room apart and washed everything - including the dogs' bedding. I took off for town after lunch and went ONLY to the first garden centre on my way. Bought my four huge baskets for the Mill planters and took them to the Mill. They are "Million Bells" (Calibrachoa) in dark red, yellow and white and will look wonderful. The staff are just placing them in the half barrels in the pots, bringing them in at night and we'll plant them officially on Monday when it may warm up.

I feel as if summer really is going to happen despite this cold week. The trees are leafed out,the yard flood is now just a few muddy spots and my peonies and iris are going to flower next week. Sure wish we could slow down Spring. She's rushing around too fast after her late start.

So today will be more garden stuff, setting up the own Hall and kitchen for the weekend ploughman's lunches and the usual Mill accounting stuff plus a meeting with Dann to review changes to the accounting system - we were to do this by January 1 but other stuff intervened - Cuba for me and S.C. golfing for him! The dogs will need extra cuddles tonight after a busy day.

Time for the Trash Trudge, a day late because of the last Monday holiday. Then on with the day! Hope your day is easy and has some fun imbedded. In the meantime, COFFEE!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:15 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Another day, another To Do list It is supposed to get very cold tonight, so I won't do a lot of yard work today. I don't want to move any plants with a freeze ahead. hope this is the last cold snap and this weekend I can go ahead and get some plants off my deck and into the garden.

Cottage - I am always ready for coffee How is your back?

Jennifer - I am always amazed by the little things that can leave me an achy mess. That list gets longer every year too. We are finally getting our bikes out tonight (a big 6 mile ride ) and I hope the newly irritating shoulder arthritis won't get in the way.

DH has every Wed. and Thursday off so we have designated Thursday as a play day while I am out of work. Yesterday we drove over to the other side of the state to see heron nests, then went to the Blue Benn Diner. It's a very unexpected place, an old time diner with a large menu including lots of veggie options.

I am experimenting with homemade bean burgers this summer. I found a template I like and am now branching out, of course. Can't expect me to follow a recipe for long. I still haven't fine tuned pressure cooking lentils though, so now I have lots of mushy lentils. Better find a spread or dip recipe.

Happy Friday Chicks

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-22-2015 at 07:15 AM.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:20 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Good morning Ruth Had to look up those flowers. They are the ones I usually buy for baskets but I never knew the name. I need to buy more baskets this year. I am putting cucumbers in baskets too, so need more for flowers.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:27 AM   #6  

Good morning, Girls! I was beginning to think I was the only one up!

Jennifer, I hope your muscles ease up after all that power-washing! I guess you use a whole different set of muscles for that job, LOL!

Cyndi, my back is feeling great, thanks to a great chiropractor! I'm really glad I decided to go to him. Did you get your trusses up yesterday? Good luck with your bean burger recipe. Every bean burger I've tried ends up with a mushy center, which really puts me off.

My rhubarb is ready for picking, so I'm either going to make a rhubarb crisp or a rhubarb custard pie for our family BBQ on Sunday. That will be my one "cheat" for the weekend, but so worth it!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:28 AM   #7  

Good morning, Ruthie!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:50 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Cottage - check out this recipe and her others. She mentions cooking bean burgers with the lid on to use steam. It really seems to help. I also love that she uses so much vegetable in her recipes.The on thing I have learned is be very heavy handed with spices. I've never been shy about seasoning, but bean burgers seem to soak it all up and still need more.
Yes, trusses are up. Tim did most of the work, I helped when needed. He decided to use clear roofing so it will be very bright.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, chicks! A bit of a slow start to our day off, but isn't that what a day off is for???

Today looks to be another beautiful day although a bit cool with frost potential tonight. I will try to do more prep work in the veggie garden, putter in the perennials and save most of the planting for tomorrow. I do need to hit up the garden store for more plants.

Have a great day everyone, I'm off to look for coffee.
Old 05-22-2015, 09:46 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Been up for a while cleaning house and doing laundry. Need to do some work stuff today as well and ten going to comic con this afternoon.

Sounds like everyone is doing well.

Have a wonderful day
Old 05-22-2015, 02:39 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Good morning, Girls! I was beginning to think I was the only one up!

My rhubarb is ready for picking, so I'm either going to make a rhubarb crisp or a rhubarb custard pie for our family BBQ on Sunday. That will be my one "cheat" for the weekend, but so worth it!
I like the 'one cheat for the weekend idea", mind if I use that!
Closed Thread