South Beach Diet - diet coke? and other drinks

View Full Version : diet coke? and other drinks

empress(ive)
08-10-2003, 12:00 AM
is diet coke allowed on SBD? are any drinks other than water and coffee ok? please let me know, i don't remember reading anything about diet coke in the book. i'm on day 4 of phase 1

LADY WINDSONG
08-10-2003, 06:43 AM
Limit the amount you drink and if all possible try the non caffeine ones.
Crystal Light tastes really good.....and SF cool-aid.

Lady Marcie :flame:

twodogmom
08-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Sometimes artificial sweeteners like nutrasweet can slow weight loss for some people. A naturopathic doctor once told me that some people's bodies react to some artificial sweeteners the same way they react to sugar, with an insulin response, and insulin causes your body to store and hold on to the fat. I think this is true for me, because historically I seem to lose quicker if I stay away from beverages with nutrasweet. You might have to just try it and see how your body reacts. I do allow myself to have some diet soda once in a while, but it's always caffeine free...it took me a long time to break the caffeine habit and I don't want to go back there ;)

agb1
08-10-2003, 10:30 AM
How much caffeine are you allowed? Should I limit my diet soda to 1 can per day? I don't have the book yet but started last Monday. So far I've lost 4.5 pounds and probably drink 3-4 cans per day. Maybe that is what is slowing my weight loss down?