Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-14-2015, 11:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/175.4/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Evening Support Group

Hi there. I'm wondering if any of you would like to join me with an evening support group? If it weren't for my evening eating, I'd probably have been at goal years ago. I've read cognitive therapy books for weight loss, intuitive eating books, emotional eating books, been to a hypnotherapist...you get the idea. I'm not sticking my head in the sand about the issue. But it's just so damn hard to beat this issue!

I'm a single mom and my kids are with me 50% of the time. And on the nights they are with me, I get so exhausted, anxious and overwhelmed by the sheer volume of housework, cooking, homework, activities, that I eat to "calm" myself or "treat" myself. Just stuffing the anxiety.

Then, when the kids are with their dad, between exhaustion, loneliness and boredom, I find the need to eat my feelings away.

I eat cereal, ice cream, cheese and crackers, popcorn, candy, those sorts of things. Some nights/weeks are worse than others. Usually the more sugar that's in my system, the worse the evenings are.

Anyhow, care to join me with an evening check in? I've had enough to eat for the day. If I stop now, I can wake up with my pride in tact.

How about you? I'll check in again tomorrow night.
MarinMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Pride is irrelevant here, don't tie up your pride with how you eat. Treat yourself with love and kindness and your body will love you back. It's much easier taking care of a body you love than it is to take care of a body you hate.

Being a busy mom can be exhausting. Are you making sure that you're eating adequately during the day? If not this could be why you're binging at night.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 01:46 PM   #3  
You Will Get There

S/C/G: 316/316/200

Height: 5'7"

I can offer support in the evening. I am dealing with a lot of stress right now and it has made me feel really bad about myself. I am married with 2 children who are almost grown. I also need support in trying to lose this weight and keep it off.
erricah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:44 PM   #4  

Thanks, Erricah! I will post here tonight to check in. My kids were at their dad's over the weekend. But tonight they're with me. I get so stressed/overwhelmed/ overworked/ anxious in the evenings that I turn to food. I'm really trying to break this habit!
Old 05-19-2015, 12:31 AM   #5  

Okay, I used my tools tonight and had a binge free evening. Yay me!
Old 05-29-2015, 08:15 PM   #6  

Height: 4'11''

I date a lot but I haven't had a steady relationship in 6 years and not having that companionship makes me binge eat with the lonely and boredom. Usually I will go out, not do it at home I go out to bars and order bar food which is usually fried food and very bad for you so yes I would love to chat with you all instead. How is everyone tonight?
janelove2835 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 02:30 PM   #7  

Hey....Evening Supporters! Where are you???? Just found this thread and boy oh boy can I relate to nighttime eating. If I could go to bed at 6 p.m. I would not be overweight.

One thing that has worked for me (when I let it!) is not going into the kitchen after dinner. I take whatever I need for the evening--a piece of fruit, bottled water, my meds etc.---with me into the family room. I pledge to myself not to go into the kitchen.

I see there have been no posts on this thread for almost a month. Let's start it up again. I would like to post here, get and give support and not have to wake up in the morning with a binge hangover and the accompanying binge guilt.

I'll check back later this evening. Hope to find a few Evening Supporters here,
buckeyegal2815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:01 PM   #8  

It's evening and I am here on the boards and not in the kitchen. It's ok that I appear to be here all by myself. Self talk works!!

I have pledged not to set foot in the kitchen and will enjoy the evening with DH, the boards and photos of my new GS. The photos are arriving almost hourly on our iPad as a Father's Day gift from our daughter.

Anyone else out there trying to stay in control and not fall off your plan this evening?? I'll check back in a couple of hours before bedtime.
Old 06-20-2015, 09:57 PM   #9  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I'll join you as well... I pledge not to go back into the kitchen as well tonight... AND if I could go to bed at 6pm I so wouldn't be overweight too... Lol...

I swear sometimes I wish my kitchen was like a bank vault that locked itself up at the end of the day to keep me out of there at night...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:02 PM   #10  
Mindful eating for life

S/C/G: 155/147/135

Height: 5'5

LOL, All right I'm in too.
Now this is the kind of thread I need. Evenings are my nemesis!!!
Thanks for the support everyone.
Scaletosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:32 PM   #11  
Heading Downtown...

Thanks buckeyegal for reviving this thread and thanks Scaletosser for joining in...

I'm happy to report that my KITCHEN REMAINS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Old 06-20-2015, 10:38 PM   #12  

Hi TripSwitch and Scaletosser.....good to have you here on the "evening shift".

My pledge to not go into the kitchen tonight is still holding despite some stress that normally would have sent me straight to the fridge with a "let the binge begin" attitude.

DS (tonight the D does not stand for Darling!) called a couple of hours ago asking us for lunch tomorrow, Father's Day. Sounds like a nice thing, huh?
Our son left his Dad hanging and wondering if he was going to get an invite or a disappointment. DS and his wife wined and dined her folks overnight last weekend in their new house that we have not yet seen. We get a last minute invite and not even an invite to the house! They'll meet us half way at a restaurant (it's a two hour drive for us). How considerate---he probably wants us to pick up the check!!

Had it been me making the decision I would have said we made plans---sorry---next time give us more notice cause we are not coming. But my DH wants to go so we will go. And good for him---he told our son and DIL that we are coming to their house for lunch!!!

Better that I vent my feelings and stress here on this thread than stuffing them down with anything and everything in the fridge and pantry.

I will be back here tomorrow evening---hopefully less stressed---and ready to stay in control of my nighttime eating for Night #2.

Hope any of you reading this who still have a father to call or to be with, will do so tomorrow.

Last edited by buckeyegal2815; 06-20-2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:56 PM   #13  

Hey TripSwitch!!! you are sooo close to your goal! Congrats. You must feel wonderful!!

Stay strong, keep your promise not to set foot in the kitchen and come back here tomorrow evening. You, too, Scaletosser.

Hope to see lots more of us here tomorrow evening on this thread and not in the kitchen.

Last edited by buckeyegal2815; 06-20-2015 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-21-2015, 01:35 PM   #14  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyegal2815 View Post
Hey TripSwitch!!! you are sooo close to your goal! Congrats. You must feel wonderful!!

Stay strong, keep your promise not to set foot in the kitchen and come back here tomorrow evening. You, too, Scaletosser.

Hope to see lots more of us here tomorrow evening on this thread and not in the kitchen.
Thanks!

I'm so close... That's it's completely MADDENING!!! ... Lol...

I started back on May 10th 2014... and boy, oh boy this time around it's been TOUGH!!!

I've been sort of just spinning my wheels the last few weeks... So I'm trying to get my you know what in gear and get back on track... AND get the rest of this weight of finally...

Just got to get back to doing what worked for me to get me to this point... AND I know nothing good can come from me being in my kitchen in the middle of night... Lol...
Old 06-21-2015, 05:53 PM   #15  

Just hang in there TripSwitch. Soooo close. Don't let a foray into the kitchen mess up 13 months of your good work and sidetrack your journey.

We came back from what turned out to be a very nice Father's Day lunch with my son and DIL. Brought home leftovers for DH and I will have a Medifast meal. (Been doing ok on it. Lost 70 lbs. back in 2008 but put some back on due to nighttime, senseless eating).

Here's to a successful Night #2 of Operation Keep Out of the Kitchen After Dinner. I know I can do this.

And to the rest of you night eaters---take the pledge. Keep Out of the Kitchen
After Dinner. Come to the boards and forums instead.

It is so nice to wake up in the morning with a sense of satisfaction and accomplishment after spending the evening NOT grazing on anything and everything. My joints don't ache, my brain is not in some carb-laden fog, I don't feel any guilt and I actually look forward to the day. So why do I so often chose to eat at night when I hate the morning-after consequences? And I am not even mentioning the weight gain!!!!

My Plan Of Action: I brought a little cooler into the family room and put several frozen ice packs into it to keep my iced tea, Medifast meal, Medifast pudding snack and bottles of water cold during the evening. Got all I need right here. No feet in the kitchen as of right now--5:50 p.m.

Everyone have an on-plan evening. I'll check in later......

Last edited by buckeyegal2815; 06-21-2015 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Fix typo