South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2015, 06:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Get It Moving Monday, SBD Chat for 5/11

Good morning Beach Babes! Coffee is ready, along with Peach Baked Oatmeal.

I have to leave early this morning for a chiro appt. , go to the farm for an hour, then leave for another dr. appt. in West Chester, then back to work. It's going to be a busy day!
Old 05-11-2015, 06:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ooohhh, Cottage - peach oatmeal sounds delicious! Your back is doing well then? Hope you get some time to breathe today .

It has been an absolutely gorgeous weekend here, and this morning was beautiful as well. Nothing too exciting to report, which is good news, right? I opted for shrimp tacos last night for mother's day dinner (it was in the 80's, so needed something refreshing), which has mango and avocado. Mmmmmm....

Just a normal day here today...
Old 05-11-2015, 07:07 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from Camp Mud! It rained overnight, finally. Things were getting pretty dry and there is a county-wide burn ban in place.

Today we start training of our summer staff at 9:30. Before that I hope to get an appointment with Dr. Jack since this "cold/laryngitis thing now acts like asthma! I had it back in 1997 but have not had it happen since. COPD anyone? Spring has set it off although I've never had spring allergies.

Picked the first asparagus yesterday and it was delicious roasted. There were only six shoots but I'll be inundated with the stuff by the weekend after last night's rain. There will be lots of rhubarb by the weekend too. Some of the strawberry plants at The Farm are in flower - everything is early this year although spring took forever to get here.

A busy week ahead so I hope Dr Jack can give me some magic potion. You kind of need to be able to talk to do training. This afternoon there is a Township Ceremony to proclaim us the Daffodil capital. I was to make a speech but will beg off since my voice is just a croak. I' sure hoping I can get in to the doc today and get this crud under control.

Right now, I need to sweep and swab the back room to start off clean. Somehow I doubt that it will be the last time! Not sure when Liz and Moel get home from Cuba but I think it'll be around suppertime. I'll throw a stew into the crockpot before I crank up the day. They've been in Cuba for the hottest week we've ever had around here. Seems silly but they did have a break.

Enjoy this day.
Old 05-11-2015, 07:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - down here, it is a horrible allergy season. A lot of people have allergies when they never have before. My son had allergies maybe 5 years ago, and he was absolutely miserable yesterday. Hope Dr Jack can fix you up!
Old 05-11-2015, 07:55 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Ruth, I do hope Dr. Jack can help your situation! It's no fun when you can't talk.Lol

I'm on my final cup of coffee before work. I had some hours when I couldn't sleep last night so I slept as long as I could this morning. Oh well.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 05-11-2015, 08:38 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just got an appointment for 11 this morning. That's when I am supposed to be explaining taxes, pay periods, registration procedures, etc. Never mind - I can do it later in the week. So glad I am not doing the whole training thing by myself.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:53 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

It is raining cats and dogs and has been since 5 p.m. yesterday, sigh... Today is crazy business my calender is booked solid between meetings and interviews, I have a run of staff who are transferring or getting better paying positions so I have 7 openings I need to fill yikes.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!1
Old 05-11-2015, 08:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Tammy and Ruth - YUM

I'm off to the gym, then errands, then working this afternoon. Will probably do laundry today so I can pack whenever tomorrow. Have outfits done already for the two dressy events. Now to work on the rest. And they are still predicting rain

Have a great day.
Old 05-11-2015, 09:09 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Headed out to start the day birding but the Cove was fogged in. I could see birds but couldn't make out colors very well, so headed back home. Cricket was happy to get back on the bed (she is not allowed on the bed when no one is home to get her down). Breakfast and To Do list are done, now to get working before the rain hits. We really need rain, lots of it. We have a statewide burn ban. I don't dare move plants right now. the soil is dry way down, even watering barely helps. It's hard to believe it is this dry after all the snow we got.

Cottage - That baked oatmeal sounds delicious!

tammy - I was just thinking about grilled shrimp salad for this week's menus

Ruth - thanks for the asparagus instructions. I am adding a bed this year. My rhubarb is coming up but nowhere near picking yet. Can't wait!

Debbie - hope the coffee helps. I hate insomnia

Rose - share some of that rain? Good luck hiring.

Tammy - sounds like a busy day!

Okay, time to get laundry in and get moving on the day.
Closed Thread