Depression and Weight Issues - Room for a little one? (ha!)

View Full Version : Room for a little one? (ha!)

Amanda Panda
08-09-2003, 01:33 PM
Hello everyone, I am your newest member, and I am very impressed with this forum - It is just what I've been looking for.

I am 30 years old and have alot of weight to lose (71/2 stone), but I am just going to take it half a stone at a time. I started my diet last Monday and have lost 2lb this week which is a good start. I have been a yo - yo dieter for most of my life, but have had enough and intend for this time to be different. I am following the Slimming World diet (at home, not classes) because I know it works for me (if I stick to it!) and it's not too restrictive.

I live with my partner Nige, who is also dieting with me, and my cat Marley , who should also be dieting! I have suffered from serious depression on and off over the past few years which has really affected my weight. I realise now that my weight problem and my depression are closely inter-linked and I feel that by taking the step to lose my excess weight , I will be addressing my depression also, which can only be a good thing!

I am a Christian and am extremely thankful that Jesus is in my life. I am also a vegetarian and an avid reader. I love comedy and things that make me laugh. :lol:

I am looking forward to getting to know people who understand what it's like to be fat and I hope we can support eachother to lose our excess weight once and for all .

love Amanda xxx

Toryw
08-10-2003, 03:11 AM
:wave: Hey Amanda great to see you over here!!

Leenie
08-10-2003, 12:42 PM
AMANDA & TORYW

Welcome to 3FC's !!!!

I know exactly how you feel Amanda, I think we all do, you are in good company here, thats for sure.

Its a small group here, I think alot of people do not want to admit that they are depressed so they just lurk or go else where, to boards that make them feel more comfortable.

We are all a little nutty here but harmless :D Some of the ladies on this board do not suffer w/depression entirely, they just like to come here and post. I find that posting on boards w/to many people, well you just get lost and after a while nobody even know's who you are.

Hope you can join us on the daily threads, thats the thread with that day's date on it. We post almost every day, some times 2 or 3 times a day :lol:

Again, welcome and don't be shy, you can't scare or offend any of us old farts.

Hugs and Kisses, Leenie :chef: