South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 05:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Friday May 8 Beach Chat

Sorry no catchy title, up early to drive to the NYPD officer's funeral on Long Island. I coukd only think of "funeral and farewell" Friday. This is one of the few aspects of my job I don't like. My son asked why we don't protest when things like this happens. Talk about an interesting conversation. I explained we show solidarity and respect.

Smoothie done now for coffee. Be back later. Enjoy!

Last edited by jekel383; 05-08-2015 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 06:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning Jekel, sorry it is a sad day for you. I wonder sometimes why the police sign up for their job, for all the cr@p they have to take from some people. Thanks for protecting your city!

Today is just work. Very exciting. I didn't plan dinner - so we'll see what DH plans on. Whaddaya think!?
Old 05-08-2015, 06:38 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Another gorgeous May day is happening. The wild plum trees in the meadow are is bloom and there's a gentle breeze wafting the scent this way.

Darned head cold is still with me and seems to have settled in. I am very croaky and that I have some voice for tomorrow. The tea starts at 2 and I need to greet my guests in Victorian widows weeds - think black velvet and crepe and it's going to be 83ºF!

Nothing on my calendar today and I sure hope for a "hermit" kind of day so I can finish the blouse for my costume - an old white tee-shirt embellished with hunks of old lace I've collected over the years.

Jennifer, I will be thinking of you today when you attend your fallen officer's funeral. Maybe your son will understand when he gets a bit older.

Tammy, I hope DH does plan dinner. That's be a nice way to celebrate the end of the week!

Have a good day, chicks, and enjoy the weekend.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning.

Jennifer, it's another sad and sobering day for you, and another reminder to me just how stressful and difficult your line of work is. I just don't get protests; they usually end up leading to more violence.

Tammy, how did your appointment with your surgeon go yesterday? I hope he has more insight on your condition.

Ruth, I'll cross my fingers that your voice comes back tomorrow in time for the tea party. Try to rest today and drink lots of hot tea with honey.

I'm leaving in a few minutes to get my car inspected and hope it doesn't take too long, because afterwards I have a chiro appointment that's 40 minutes away. Then I have to get to my dad's to write some checks for him and sort out his meds for the next week, and be on call in case I have to get the girls after school to take to a horse show. Cindy "thinks" she'll be back in time to take them, but needs me as a back-up, just in case.

OK, on with the day!
Old 05-08-2015, 07:32 AM   #5  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Jennifer. Hugs to you on this difficult day. When are you leaving for your bike ride.

Tammy. Its nice to have someone else plan dinner from time to time.

Ruth. Do you thing it might be allergies. I have something going on and it struck same time as dhs allergies. Saw something on tv that its pollen tsunami this year.

Linda. Hope the car inspection goes well.and the rest of your day is good.

I have been working in the garden in bouts. Have to be careful that my sciatica doesn't act up. Anxious to plant three lovely clematis. I guess this weekend's special activity is bbq with family for mother's day. Enjoy your weekend
take care
Sophie
Old 05-08-2015, 08:37 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Today we are supposed to get some rain, we never did yesterday. I have my annual doctor's appointment this morning, so I am sure they will schedule me for all the other stuff I need as well.

Jekel thinking of you today

Tywnn I wish DH would plan some meals sometimes

Ruth hope your voice comes back in time for tomorrows tea

Cottage hope the chiro appointment gives you some relief

Sophie I know what you mean, when I start weeding as soon as I feel the back I give it a rest so I don't throw it out.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 05-08-2015, 09:03 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Gym, errands, work. That's my day. I spent hours shopping yesterday and got a maxi skirt to wear to graduation but now need to figure out what to wear with it! Still trying to decide what day to fly home after graduation since DH will be driving back with DS. So much to do in the coming week!

Have a good one.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:32 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning (barely) I am, actually, drinking the last cup of coffee from the morning pot. I ran out birding as soon as DH left for work. After that it was errands. Heading out to the garden in a few.

Yesterday was my last official day of work. Now I start my favorite part, the four weeks of paid time with no work. Of course, I have huge To Do lists waiting for me. Yesterday DH built me a potting shed while I was at my mtg. guess he knows what is on my summer agenda

Happy Friday friends
Old 05-08-2015, 06:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Home and now it's time to get cracking. We leave on our bike ride tomorrow. The service was beautiful. The mood is often lightened by running into old friends and today was no exception. Plus a two mike walk to my car helped clear my head. Unfortunately now I have blisters to contend with which will make riding challenging tomorrow. Epsom salt to the rescue and liquid skin please do your magic!
Old 05-08-2015, 07:28 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey all, just stopping by to say hello.

Another gorgeous spring, or should I say, summer day. We had 85* this afternoon. It would be good if we got some rain soon as it is too dry.

Jennifer, thinking of you today. Have a great trip, and I'm glad to hear there was a positive note to today's service. I also should tell you I am giving myself a little reminder talk; I stay OP pretty well during the week but that first glass of wine on Friday evening sometimes triggers poor choices that last all weekend. Nothing more discouraging than spending M-TH undoing the weekend.

Ruth, hope you feel better.
Cottage, did you get the call to pick up the girls?
Cyndi, I bet your project list for the next few months is a big one. Lol on the potting shed; I once got a mini-tiller for Christmas!
Tammy, did you find out the results of your test?

To all the other chicks, Happy Friday!

Last edited by Beth19; 05-08-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:56 AM   #11  

I'm sorry you had such a hard day Jennifer! Thinking of you and the brave officers family!

Ruth - I hope you feel better soon!

I've not been very active last few days - went over my ankle on Saturday and now I'm on crutches with a badly sprained ankle! Luckily I smuggled some Tylenol home last time I was in FL so I have some decent pain killers! I'll be restarting my P1 and see if I can get the ball rolling again, I've been eating whatever is convenient for Peter whilst I'm on forced 'sofa-rest' which is invariably bread-based!
Closed Thread