Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #1  

Default New & Looking Forward to Participating Here!

I found this forum and I'm looking forward to giving and receiving support in losing weight. I want to lose 20 lbs to be at an attractive weight, 30 lbs to be fit - but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I am no stranger to diet and exercise. I am guilty of overeating and compensating by spending hours at the gym on some occasions. The problem with that is that there is only so much time in each day. When I get into the right mindset I am able to stick with a diet. I am going to try to use this site as accountability. My plan is to keep my sugar consumption very low (with the exception of fruit), and to eat organic, whole foods as much as possible.

For anyone who is interested, I watched a documentary last night called "Fed Up," which explains why a calorie is not a calorie (food choices matter) and the importance of staying away from processed foods with a ton of ingredients. It makes sense and it is what I am going to try this time around.

Current weight: 167lbs (at 5'10")
compass1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:16 AM   #2  
300+ Chick

with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 03:47 AM   #3  
ASB

Hi! That documentary sounds interesting, I'm going to look into watching it. I'm here for similar reasons, accountability, bad cycle of overeating to compensate feeling down or stressed then feeling worse afterwards. Am happy to connect with anyone who wants a regular buddy to check in on progress

Ash
asb88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:31 PM   #4  

Thanks asb! I definitely fall into over-eating as well, its probably my biggest down fall, and can be impossible to rectify with exercise unfortunately. Hopefully we can talk about it on here and give each other some good advice.
compass1 is offline   Reply With Quote