Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 07:20 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #18

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN #18

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous lbs Down Friday We get to crow about loss or ask for help
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

CURRENT CHALLENGE IS UNTIL AUGUST 31ST. TO LOSE 10 LBS BY THEN.

Last edited by gma22; 08-13-2003 at 07:26 PM.
Old 08-09-2003, 07:37 AM   #2  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday! Make us laugh today or make us think!

Good morning everyone! Another early morning for me. I slept like a piece of spaghetti on a plate; all twisted up. The cat and dog were both on my side of the bed.

I GOT A: for points yesterday. Went over my fat a little.

I will check in later and give out smileys!

My contribution today:
Anybody can sympathise with the SUFFERINGS of a friend, bit it requires a fine nature to sympathise with a friend's success! Oscar Wilde

Faye
Old 08-09-2003, 09:00 AM   #3  

Mornin' All,
I had a kick-butt workout yesterday! And got all 4 points......woohoo. I've got friends coming from Canada for a few days with their new baby--can't wait!

Here's a joke one of my dancers told me on Monday:
***no offense intended to Catholics or Vampire lovers!

So, there's these two nuns driving down a dark country road. All of a sudden, this vampire jumps on their windshield and tries to attack them.

"Oh no, what are we going to do?" says the driver.
"Try the wipers!".....doesn't work.
"Try swerving the car!"....doesn't work.

"I guess you're going to have to show him your cross"

"Great idea," says the driver. She rolls down the window and screams "GET THE F*%$ OFF MY CAR!!"

Ok, it's probably an old one, but I thought it was funny. I'm still laughing at the blonde joke from last week

Congrats on the clothes, Faye, and thanks for the card yesterday.

Be back later,
Julie
Old 08-09-2003, 09:41 AM   #4  

Good Saturday morning!!

Pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1 pt for water and 1pt for exercise.

Funny story Saturday.... cant think of one right now Faye, let me ponder on it for a while.

Mirabelly, great job 4 pts...and a good workout....WOW you rock girl!

Faye way to go, you are such the strong one!! I admire you for all that you have accomplished, you offer us your experiences hopes and dreams and you do it so lovingly!! I feel so blessed to have you as our "fearless leader"....

all the rest of you gals, have a good one and get out there and have some fun today, I know I am, at least till 2p then I have to go to work!!! every weekend of my life, and it is so much harder on beautiful days like today, the sun is shining and the clouds are all puffy glorious, just glorious!

later chickies!!

sw 356/June 5th
July 24 336.5
August 7th 331.4 total loss 24.6
next goal:lose 10 more lbs
next goal: lose 30 lbs by December 31
next goal: lose 50 lbs
final goal:; somewhere down the road......and I am on my way one day at a time, one meal at a time......130ish!!

Old 08-09-2003, 11:24 AM   #5  

Julie: YOU GET A: for points! Yahoo for you! OOOHHH a new baby! I love new babies!

Pam: YOU GET A: for points! Keep up the excellent work!

I decided I was going to go to the pool today and just do half hour of laps and "gentle" swimming, but did I ......NOPE! Did an hour of what I usually do. Had a nice conversation with an older man that ask me all kinds of questions. Now here is the great part! I not only told him how much I had lost since January, I told him how much my beginning weight was and that I wanted to be below 300 by my birthday. How freeing it feels to be honest and not ashamed of yourself!

As for my sunny thought from the previous post: One of the hardest things an overweight person has to deal with is deep down feeling good about someone elses success. That is why I posted that. We are truly successful ourselves, when we are happier about what someone else has done because it makes what we do oh so much more satisfying. Jealousy is a strong feeling among the overweight and obese and only drags you down and keeps you from accomplishing what you need to. So be truly, deeply, wonderfully happy for someone elses success and yours will be just that much better!

Faye
Old 08-10-2003, 07:10 AM   #6  

SUNDAY: Today is Silly Poll Sunday so join in!

Here is our poll for this week: CONGRATULATIONS! You won a spot on the show Extreme Makeover. What would they be "remaking" on you?

Good morning everyone. Sure was quiet here yesterday I see. Hope everyone is doing fine.

As for the poll, first off, it would have to be after I am at goal of course, then they would be taking skin, skin, skin from my stomach, arms, and upper thighs, a little face fixing maybe just to get rid of sagginess from losing the weight and doing my teeth which are in bad shape.

Boy, I am running 100% today. Jobs were nil in the paper, yesterday the engine light came on in the car (it is only 2 years old and still under warranty) so I came home and Jack took it to the mechanics. Long story short, it is an emission problem and doesn't effect driving the car in anyway, which is good, but has to be fixed the end of this week because we have to get our car tags and we have inspections here WHICH include emissions as the BIG part of it. Cost: $350 and the emissions is NOT covered by the warranty of course!

Well guys, I need to go and let Fortune out.

Faye
Old 08-10-2003, 09:54 AM   #7  

Good Sunday Morning Girls..

pts for yesterday: 2 pts for program, 1pt for water and 1 for exercise..not doing the watp today, Sunday is the day to take a break from that, will probably take a walk at the park when I get off work at 7p..I enjoy that it is a change of scenery. I do the watp in my living room, and get a little bored sometimes staring at the same things!! but I am grateful to be in there with the air conditioning!!!!

Silly poll Sunday...my extreme makeover...I would get my hair colored and re-styled...I would get my teeth done too Faye, my gums are in horrific shape (in part due to genetics, mom's were too, most of it was my fault, years of overeating and indulging n all that sweet stuff and not caring for them!!), anyway I would get them all extracted and get dentures, then I would get laser electrolysis for all those unslightly chin hairs!! (estrogen depletion you know!!), I would get all new clothes, lets see Liz Claiborne sounds good, and I would have a manicure, pedicure, facial, the whole spa treatment...then I would get all new make-up, that ought to do it...oops forgot the personal trainer, to whip this big butt into shape. ...thanks for the poll Faye, it was nice to fantasize about all that, wouldnt we be cute though????

all the rest of you girls...where are you today??? Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Old 08-10-2003, 10:10 AM   #8  

Pam: YOU GET A: for points. I have two very big problems with my teeth (which all have to come out too btw), I am terrified of dentists and CASH$$$$$$$. We have a dental plan, but still need significant money up front to pay for it all and we just have things that unfortunately are bigger priority. (My terror stems from having a tooth extracted as a child and the dentist did not give me enough novacaine and tried to pull it. I ended up in a oral surgeons chair and was gassed and the tooth cut out and was deathly ill for days afterward. I know dentistry has changed since I was last in a chair embarrassingly enough over 30 years ago, but am not a fan of novacaine and our assigned dentist only uses it. Besides, I don't want to be attacked because I have such horribly broken, rotten teeth no matter what the reasoning. BUT I do have to make a decision about it after the first of the year and get my gumption up and go before I really do permanent harm to myself)

Well funsters, hope you have a great day!

Faye
Old 08-11-2003, 08:24 AM   #9  

Morning all!
Wow, I was SoOOOOOO NOT op this weekend! I did manage to get my water in Sat. and exercise both sat and sun but we had friends over for a bbq, and I ate way more than I should have...or even wanted to. Oh well, back in the saddle again!

I found some skinny cows at our grocery store, YUM! I'm an ice-cream-aholic, though, so I should save them for special occasions.

I laughed at the dentist stories.......I'm terrified of the dentist, too, and have some serious work that needs to be done! But my dds has to prescribe valium for me to even set foot in the office....thankfully he has no problem with that I have a temporary filling that's been slowly wearing away for about a year now! It was supposed to be replaced in 8 weeks

Well, it's dance class Monday........and I have a ton of sewing to do before then. So, TTFN.....be strong today everyone, it's a new week!

Julie
Old 08-11-2003, 08:38 AM   #10  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is really working to stay on program. We tend to get sloppy during the summer with all the great summer foods so let's try and work on being op 100% this week! You will be glad you did!

OOOH an ugly mission this week and a toughy, but I know we can all do it!

I sure hope they have the pool problem fixed whatever it was. I thought maybe they were putting chemicals in it, but I will have to see if they remove the sign or not and if not I HAVE to walk today.

I will check in later ladies! Have a good day!

Faye
Old 08-11-2003, 09:17 AM   #11  
It is what it is...

Angry Morning...

Look like not too much went on over the weekend, alot of us were MIA, like me!

Well I was not OP on either Saturday or Sunday, and I had been going strong with like 8 OP days in a row, I just needed some junk food I guess...but I am willing to take the mission and be OP all week ( are we talking about the weekend too Faye? Or just
M-F ? )

Anyway yes, to back up some I hate the dentist too, BUT funny story, I just recently went to the dentist after not going for like 8 years!!!! Truthfully, and I was shaking in his office...turns out I only had one small cavity in my whole mouth and everything else was fine...I asked him if he had been using the gas before I got in, cause I could not believe it....my husband had not been either in that length of time and he didnt have any cavaties...sometimes we make things worse than they are...dentistry has came a
looooonnnngggg way and they are so gentle these days....

Well just checking in this morning, will peek back in later...

Carri
Old 08-11-2003, 09:22 AM   #12  

Morning Ladies,

pts for yesterday: 1pt for water, 2 pts for program, did not do my watp workout, Sundays I take off from it, but did walk 1/4 mile at fitness park, so I suppose that will count, will it not Faye?? if so I got my 4 pts!

Mission Monday: I accept..will stay on program all wk! thanks Faye as usual for the good goals I AM READY! LET'S GO!

Mirabelly, havent had a skinny cow yet, hear you girls talking about them, kind of afraid to go there...my mind may start playing tricks on me and might start a binge, there are certain things I know I just have to stay away from, trigger foods you know, like I know I cant eat ice cream or ice cream like stuff (not right now anyway), cant take that risk, by the same token I know I cannot have a then it would be all over!!! but I plan on putting more variety in a little later on, right now there is just "too much to lose"...but I'll keep the skinny cows in mind...I can always close my eyes and remember what it tastes like, or smell it, use my other senses to "taste" it. that old would get me!!

okay chickies your weekend is over (and mine is just starting, off today and tomorrow!! ) come on out and play with us...come on!!! we miss all of you!!
Old 08-11-2003, 11:34 AM   #13  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

Well good morning everyone! I've been a little MIA lately. I've had some drama and sadness to deal with with the men in my life, so this weekend was not a real great one. I'm glad to see that everyone else is doing so well though.

I've lost a pound over the weekend. So we are looking at 148 now. though I think that is because I didn't eat a whole lot over the weekend. though only 6 more to go for Faye's challenge. Looks like I'll maybe make it by the skin of my teeth!

Anyway, looks like a 2 for Friday for water and workout.

Then a 2 for both Saturday and Sunday for OP only.

Today I worked out but nearly fainted on the treadmill...I'm not sure why. I never eat breakfast before I go, and usually I'm fine. It was awful hot in there today, so maybe that is why. It wasn't good.

My mom is making that Cheesy Chicken/Green Bean recipe that someone posted a while ago, so I will let you know how that goes.

Nothing else to report really...I'm just feeling tired and blah again. I can't seem to kick it. But I'm looking at my Ireland travel guide and counting down the days till my beach vacation.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:43 AM   #14  

Julie: YOU GET A: for Saturday and a for Sunday for points.

Carri: You may choose to try and stay op 5 or 7 days. It is your choice according to how you try and run your program!

Pam: YOU GET A: for points yesterday.

For the first time in months I get only point for water. The pool is closed for some reason and it was too hot to walk outside and I didn't feel like getting all dressed up to go to the mall and walk. First time in a long time I haven't exercised every day. I had a horrible eating day yesterday and was I think a glass of water short so I am not counting any points.

I did get out and walk this morning about 2 1/2-3 miles, I am not sure quite how far it is to the mall and back. Half of it was uphill too and I didn't get winded nor was I winded when I got home, just my hip hurting from the sidewalks being tilted. WOOHOO! I am supposed to do a 5 K (3.3 miles) in October with my daughter for breast cancer so I am anxious to see how far I walked today so I know how well I could do. I know I could never keep up with her and Thomas so I will probably just tell her to go on without me and I will at least make most if not all of the walk.

You guys all have a great day!

Amanda, Tonya, Bele, Sarah, Debbie, CG and whomever I missed! We hope to talk to you soon!

Faye
Old 08-11-2003, 03:51 PM   #15  

Hello Ladies!!

I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know that I am still around. I just have a lot going on right now, and there are not enough hours in the day.

But, as far I my dieting, that is still going well, except for the exercise, but that will come back.

I am pretty busy right now but I will try to check in later.

I am glad to see that everyone is doing so well.

Sarah
Closed Thread