Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-01-2015, 02:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Default Any other spinners?

I got tired of ellipticals. I can't run because of my knee, so I tried a spin class with a cousin. Totally fell in love. I'm def still a newbie, only been doing it a month.
I actually had to quit squats because my muscles are so fatigued from spin class and take a couple days to recover. My plank time is improved, and I decided to do a mile on the elliptical with level 10 resistance and I improved almost 2 minutes. So...spin def has stolen my heart in the world of exercise.
Anyone else spin?
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

I love spinning too!!! I takes classes at the YMCA and just brought a spin bike on-line that should be here in a few weeks. I have found that the right teacher and music makes all the difference in a spin class
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

I agree. There's a spin teacher at my gum that baby talks. I will drive to the one 15 minutes away to take this guy because he gets me in the right mode, whereas I just want to punch the baby talkers face the whole time and leave.
I want to start small and buy some shoes. Then eventually get a bike. We have great trails here. I need to test them out!
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

I love my cycle shoes expensive but worth it!!!
teacher1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 07:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/190/184

Height: 6'

I did spin classes for several months and enjoyed it pretty much. One thing I needed to do was bring earplugs as the volume in the room was more than I wanted to deal with. I have an artificial hip and gave up the spin when I started to have pain issues. Not sure if it was the classes or something else, I may go back.
Tom in RI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 07:14 PM   #6  

I really enjoy spin class. I can't keep up yet, and spend time seated and pedaling when the rest of the class is doing jumps and push ups and the like. But every week I can do more than I did the week before, so I will keep it up!
colz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 10:43 AM   #7  

I love spin also it's really one of the only things that motivates me to get to a gym otherwise I'd much rather do my exercise at home. I agree with previous posts that the right instructor and music make all the difference but love going to classes either way!
Jenny_G is offline   Reply With Quote