General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:09 PM   #1  

Default Stubborn fat! Can't lose weight.

I'm 21 and I currently weight 55kgs. For a girl with a height of just 5"1, i do look fat. I started dieting 3 years back and lost 9kgs. But it didn't last and i gained weight again and now it's too difficult to lose weight. I walk 8km and follow an 800 calorie meal plan everyday. I exercise by following instructions in KIQPLAN app. I can barely see any results despite of eating healthy and exercising. I wish for a change in my life. I'm quite uncomfortable with my body . Please suggest some tips and diet plans. Please please please help!!!!!!
Meena21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Are you sure your eating enough calories? 800kcal could be putting your body in starvation mode.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 02:56 PM   #3  

Nickilaughs,
On increasing my calories I end up gaining more weight instead of losing. And i don't even feel hungry most of the time, it's like i have to forcefully eat something.

Last edited by Meena21; 04-21-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:42 AM   #4  

While women tend to have it rougher than men in the realm of losing fat, often times nothing special is needed to lose stubborn fat beyond a proper diet and exercise routine, and some patience. Great source!
KatieR77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #5  

Can anyone suggest diet and nutrition that would help me lose weight .
Old 04-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickilaughs View Post
Are you sure your eating enough calories? 800kcal could be putting your body in starvation mode.

It's commendable how you lost so much weight. What kind of diet are you following?
Old 04-24-2015, 01:18 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 210/210/140

Height: 5'2

sounds like you aren't eating enough.

are you eating clean?
how often are you eating?
what are you doing physically? How often? How long? How intense?

http://www.calorieking.com/interacti...u-eat/?ref=nav
bbarber62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 03:49 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

I average 1400 to 1800 calories a day.
I eat a TON of vegetables. My goal is to eat at least 5 servings a day. I often surpass that.
I eat no bread at this time. I eat no oats or any other wheat products. I have IBS and have found them to be a large culprit in my diet.
I stopped drinking alcohol except for a very occasional glass of wine or beer.

My average daily meal:
Breakfast: two scrambled eggs, one piece of thick cut applewood bacon and usually zuchini/mushrooms/onions/jalapenos mixed in. A scramble.

Lunch: It can range from a two egg/egg salad with celery on the side or a tuna salad. I must have mayo in my life. I make big salads sometimes. Usually my salad dressing is just balsamic vinegar. I also eat a lot of sliced bell peppers or other raw veggies for snacks. I used to use hummus but recently cut it out to see if it helped improve my gut more.

Dinner: I bake a lot of chicken. I'll usually have half a large baked chicken breast chopped up in some variety of veggies. I have a spiralizer and make a lot of zuchini pasta, just a quarter cup of alfredo with asparagus, mushrooms and tomatoes thrown in, I have an amazing chicken alfredo. Sometimes I alternate pesto or homemade tomato sauce.
I also have fish/hamburger meat/steak etc. I get creative and make awesome stuffed bell peppers etc. I just find ways to make veggies the focus. I don't really eat potatoes except for yams/sweet potatoes. If i'm craving mashed potatoes I mash cauliflower.

For snacks: I will roll up high quality turkey meat around a little bit of avocado and some mustard. Or I'll have salted Pumpkin seeds. I recently cut out cheese too. Made it a bit harder, but I feel better.

I guess it'd be described as a "paleo" diet. I however have to meal prep two days a week to make it happen. It's mainly just baking 6 chicken breasts, 20 eggs or so and chopping up a ton of vegetables. The rest of the "cooking" I do daily and it doesn't take me long. I do eat out on occasion. I do have cheat days as well. But I reserve them for special occasions.

This weight loss took me 4 months. So I averaged 5 to 6 #s a month. Most people expect to make big numbers. But I think that expectation results in people becoming discouraged and giving up. It takes people years to gain that weight. Expecting to drop it quickly is often unrealistic. There are weeks I lose nothing, and weeks I lose 2 lbs. These 18 weeks though that I've stuck to it has resulted in long term success.
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 04:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

Meena, what weight are you aiming for?
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 03:15 PM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esofia View Post
Meena, what weight are you aiming for?
Hi , I'm aiming for somewhere close to 101 lbs.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:17 PM   #11  

I'm currently consuming 1200 cal per day of a good healthy diet and i still don't seem to lose weight.😭
Old 05-01-2015, 04:04 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meena21 View Post
I'm currently consuming 1200 cal per day of a good healthy diet and i still don't seem to lose weight.😭
A great purchase would be a food scale. Use it for everything instead of using other measurements. Track every single bite that you eat and see if it helps.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:35 PM   #13  
Hungry for Health! (-:

S/C/G: 141/108.8/BMI above 18.49

Height: 5'2"

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meena21 View Post
Can anyone suggest diet and nutrition that would help me lose weight .
I lost 70 pounds in three months with Marilyn and Harvey Diamond's Fit for Life. I'm not saying it will work for you, but it did for me and others: http://www.amazon.com/Fit-Life-Harve...s=fit+for+life
HungerWerks is offline   Reply With Quote