South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 05:55 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Tuesday SBD Chat, April 21

Good Morning

It's my early day at work so coffee is on and I thought I'd get us started. Not much else exciting. Some days are just like that. LOL I just don't have much to say perhaps because it's 4am and I haven't had coffee yet.

Have a great day everyone!

Stop by and chat
Old 04-21-2015, 06:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie, and Chicks to come.

I'm in bad shape this morning. I pulled a hamstring muscle last week, which has made getting around pretty challenging, but I've been dealing with it. I had been taking Advil around the clock, and yesterday Cindy told me to take 2 Aleve at bedtime, which only made things worse, in my opinion. Now my back is acting up and I can hardly move without gasping. I just took more Advil and am hoping for the best. There's no way I can call off, I have too much to do today, and Cindy's groom is already off with a broken collarbone. It should be an interesting day.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:02 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Linda, I'm so sorry you have to go to work today. It just sounds miserable. Please take care of yourself and, realistically, sometimes if you can't be there you just can't be there. Take care.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ooooh Cottage, don't you go overdoing it! No grooming/mucking for you! I'm sure Cindy wouldn't expect that of you!

Good morning Debbie . Do you feel better now that your coffee kicked in?

I switched days off, so I'm working today, but starting at noon. Since I woke up at 4 am, I'll try to get a little nap in between niggles.

Have a great day!
Old 04-21-2015, 07:06 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Pearlrose , happy birthday!
Old 04-21-2015, 07:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PEARLROSE!

Don't worry, Deb and Tammy, I plan to only do what's absolutely necessary today.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:29 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning and thanks for the coffee, Debbie. So nice of you to have it ready for us before you start your busy day.

Oh no, Linda. There's no way you should be working today. I'd call off! I know how painful hamstring injuries can be. I'm sure the first medical advice is REST!!!!

Tammy, I hope your day goes well for you. You will be exhausted by tonight after such an early start.

Hey! Happy Birthday, Pealrose, the woman with the beautiful user name!

We had torrential rains yesterday but a few lovely hours of sunshine arrived mid-afternoon. I finally got all the weekend money straightened out - it's not the counting but the allocations. I actually had to go back to the Mill to re-do the flour inventory. I also checked out the set-up for today's big meeting at the Town Hall and everything from the book sale was stashed away and the chairs and tables were for the conference. I am going to avoid the place until mid-afternoon when most of the delegates want Mill tours.

We start interviewing students on Friday - two women first. We've weeded the resumés down to six and two are definite rehires from last year. Too bad we have only five funded positions because they are all good. It's going to be hard to decide. Luckily, I don't need to be the one to tell the ones who don't make it.

Time to get cracking and shovel out the kitchen and back room. Wet and muddy paws were the order of the day yesterday and there will be re-runs today since it's back to rain again. The flood in the yard is NOT receding. I think I need a guy with a backhoe to dig out my ditch.

Happy Chooseday - hope you can choose how you spend at least part of it.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:39 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

Linda - Ouch! Hope you feel better.

Rose - Happy birthday!

We are going to bike this afternoon. Now there are often three of us: DH, me, and our friend who he started biking with last year. Makes it a bit more complicated, but she has no one else to ride with and is so thrilled to have companionship. Not to mention that DH fixed her flat tire for her last week!

I have garden envy. Yesterday DH planted a few pots in our backyard; last year was his first attempt at a "deck garden."

Enjoy your day.
Old 04-21-2015, 07:52 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning IT looks like a rainforest outside, drops of water hanging on every branch. The river is at its normal high point (as opposed to it's Irene 100 year high point). No flood warnings, just the normal result of rain and melt. I do hope all this rain inspires my seeds not just my lawn

One more day of work and then four days at the coast. the weather looks dicey but we have a balcony over the water and will have the place to ourselves until Friday, so I am sure we will all enjoy it!

Debbie - There is a lot to be said for normal, unexciting days, especially after all you've had going on the last few months. Hope it stays calm and mellow.

Cottage - What everyone else said. Maybe it will loosen up as the day goes on.

Tammy - happy napping

Ruth - Maybe this is the year for that duck pond you've always wanted

Karen - We need to get to the bike club and tune up my bike so I can start riding. Thanks for the reminder

Happy birthday Rose!

Time to get cracking. the sooner I start, the sooner it is over and I can start the vacationette prep
Old 04-21-2015, 08:07 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Happy birthday, Pearlrose. May today be special.

have a good day everyone else
take care
Sophie
Old 04-21-2015, 11:59 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. DD1 took me last night to get a pedi while DD2 was at her practice. I think we will go out to dinner tonight. Did have to go into work today due to a couple of meetings one this morning.

Debbie hopefully your day stays unexciting, I long for some quiet days lol

Cottage that sounds painful, I hope that it has relaxed a bit for you, maybe some stronger muscle relaxers are in order

Tywnn hope you got a nap in before heading to work

Ruth my kitchen floor seems to be having the same issues, I clean it and two seconds later it is dirty again.

Karen hope your bike ride is nice this afternoon, it's a bit too windy here

Cyndi I am ensure you are looking forward to your vacation

Sophie Have a great day

Got the plumber out to the house yesterday and they fixed the outside faucet spigot so we now have outside water again.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 04-21-2015, 02:19 PM   #12  

Happy birthday PearlRose!
Old 04-21-2015, 04:38 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Happy Birthday, Pearlrose!! Glad you got your faucet fixed.

Cottage, hope you were able to take it easy at work today.

Ruth, we had yucky rain this morning, but the sun came out this afternoon. I got to do my walk outside!

Tammy, did you get a nap before work?

Cyndi, although good weather is nice, just getting away is nicer. Hope your work day went quickly.

Debbie, personally I like a calm day at work. And with everything you've been going through you deserve several.

Have a good evening, chicks.
Closed Thread