Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-15-2015, 10:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/167/129

Height: 5'0"

Default Howdy!

My name is Vicky, and I'm from Texas. We don't really say "howdy" here. I'm about to order the 21 Day Fix and just wondered if anyone else has tried it. I will need to "fix" myself several times to get to an acceptable weight. My current weight is 167 on my 5 foot frame. I don't need a BMI calculator to know that I am obese.

In the past 6 years I ended my 23-year marriage, jumped right into another one, went back to work after being a stay-at-home mom for 16 years, lost both parents to lung cancer, sent my 2 kids off to college, and ended marriage number 2. I also recently left my small hometown where I lived for over 30 years and started over in a not-too-big city close by. New job (I'm a teacher), new car, new house, but the old weight followed me!

I've got to make some changes for me to be healthier. I have only a handful of acquaintances in my new town, so I am looking for a supportive place during my weight loss journey.

Do you think stress has played a factor in my 40 pound weight gain?? (Just kidding...I know it has--but no more excuses!)
VickyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #2  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Welcome and food luck on your journey/ way to raise two kids and start a career as a teacher... You've done some amazing things no matter the weight!

Being only a little taller than you, I can relate to the weight gain. Its amazing how being just that little bit shorter makes even other peoples healthy weight much less-healthy on us I started at almost 200, and even after loosing over thirty pounds I was STILL considered obese and I was like "Really?!?! Still? How am I STILL obese!!!" Only recently have I finally moved over into just the "overweight" category, but barely. Good news is though, you haven't gotten nearly as big as I did so you should be out of the "obese" bmi category in no time!!!

Bmi also isn't everything, it doesn't divide between fat and muscle very well, but I find it a helpful tool when you don't let it control you.

I wish I could tell you something about the plan you've picked but I can't, never tried it. Hopefully someone who has will chime in!
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 07:16 PM   #3  
Reluctant Runner

S/C/G: 255/229/150

Height: 5'7"

Howdy back! Or... not. Haha.

Totallyyy with you on the stress boat. Stress + no time to work out is a major bummer!

It's nice to meet you!
VegTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote