South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 06:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Marvelous Monday SBD Chat, 4/13

Coffee's ready and I left some for you. Come and get it!

I had a great weekend at the farm, but there was no time to check in here, as the girls kept me busy. And now I have today off! And, even better, I'll have the day to myself since Jake is going to work with DS today.

Hmmmm, what shall I do with myself? I know one thing I must do is get some groceries. I"ll take care of that, first thing, and then maybe I'll go to the Mall and look at summer clothes. If today turns out as lovely as yesterday was, I plan to sit out on the patio with a nice glass of wine and admire the daffodils and crocus while listening to the birds sing.

Who'd like to join me?
Old 04-13-2015, 06:55 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Linda, thanks for getting us started this morning! I'll have a cup of coffee, thank you! Amazing to have a day off on Monday. Enjoy it!

Kirk and I went down to Denver yesterday after I got off work. We had dinner at red lobster and yes I made healthy choices. And we went for a walk in a wildlife preserve then hit a meeting. We both knowledge that we both really need a little outside support helping us to work through the trauma of the past few months. It was helpful and we both came away feeling a little better.

Work again today and I think we might go down to another meeting tonight. Kirk is going to Alaska in a month and will stay for seven weeks. We have lots to fit in before then.

I have enjoyed a little time to myself this morning now it's time to wake him up and start the morning process. I had already sent out my smoothie materials.

Have a great Monday everyone!
Old 04-13-2015, 07:10 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Debbie! It's good that you and Kirk are finding help and support at your meetings to help you cope with these stressful times. I do hope it all settles down before Kirk leaves for Alaska so you won't have to handle it all on your own. Do you plan to go up to Alaska to visit while he's there?
Old 04-13-2015, 07:11 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Thanks for the coffee, Linda. I'd love to join you for wine this afternoon but I have to do the dentist thing. The cleaning and exam are no big deal but he is going to push me to get the implant completed. I think I can go through the rest of my life without being worried about a small space in my lower jaw that doesn't show at all.

Yesterday was such a gorgeous day! I was on the road for three hours and enjoyed the drive. I think every motorcycle in the county was on the road. On the way home I stopped for some meat specials since it's certainly feeling like BBQ weather. Maybe tonight? The BBQ needs to be cleaned up a bit first but this may be the initiation of the season. I'm thinking marinated pork tenderloin, peppers and mushrooms on a skewer plus a salad.

Just took a look at my week's schedule and am going to book in some time just for me even if it is just sitting in the sun and reading. I'd really love to get my front and back decks cleaned up and ready for relaxing with the dogs. The Syrup Festival is this weekend along with the Book Sale in the town hall but the evenings are free and it may be time for porch parties.

Right now the dogs are telling me their feet are finally dry and they want to go back out in the yard to muck them up again. There is still snow to melt in the back fields so Lake Sheridan will remain for a while but it's much easier to deal with on a sunny day with a predicted high of 72ºF!

Another coffee and then on with a Marvelous Monday!
Old 04-13-2015, 08:58 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I never did get around to cleaning out the garage or back deck yesterday but did enjoy some nice outside time, took blue for a mile and half walk and then talked to my bff on the phone and sat on front porch for that. I actually read a book this weekend as well, so a nice time in all.

Cottage enjoy your day off today.

Debbie glad you are getting some support for all of the stress you all have been going through

Ruth hope your dentist appointment goes smoothly for you.

Alright back to the grindstone. First baseball game and downtown they are already setting up for the rally so be interesting drive home.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Afternoon all....Debbie glad you and Kirk are taking time to care for yourselves.

Glad everyone is enjoying the gorgeous weather. If my uniform shirt wasn't white, I would have taken my lunch and eaten by the water....salad can be so messy lol
Old 04-13-2015, 04:45 PM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

The dental appointment went well - no confrontations about completing the implant. I think I've already paid for most of it.
A lovely day and it'll be BBQ tonight!
Old 04-13-2015, 04:48 PM   #8  
3FC Journal Alumni

S/C/G: 240.2

Height: 5' 6"

Hi All,
I'm re-joining you on the Beach. It's been a long time, but it's the most effective plan that I can stick to. I'm glad to see Ruthie still here! Hi Ruth! I am still in touch with my friends from the 3FC journals back in the day via Facebook but really haven't been here except to grab a recipe in a few years.
Phase 1 started today, so far so good, but I *am* hungry, need to go have some PB2 and celery. My doctor says I only have to do P1 for 3 days, but I may give it 5 to shake my sugar cravings - I have been eating HORRIBLY for MONTHS.
Glad to see you!
Old 04-13-2015, 07:19 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 5"

Evening, ladies. Beautiful sunny day today. I have crocus (finally!!) blooming and DH even offered to grill the chicken I was planning on baking for dinner. Those are sure signs of spring and more warm weather to come!

Other than that, checked off another Monday of work and another re-start of Phase 1. The scale and I are barely talking right now and there is only 2+ weeks left of April to make my goal.

Glad to hear everyone's enjoying the weather!
Closed Thread