Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-07-2015, 11:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 354/307/200

Height: 5'3

Default self sabotage??

Hi there,

It seems like every time i get close to a mini goal, i set myself up for failure. Right now, I'm 2.8 lbs away from hitting the 50lb mark and Sunday i over ate candy and yesterday i ate half a bag of pita chips with hummus and had a full dinner too ! ugh! i don't want to give up. still got roughly a 100lb+ to go, just wondering if anybody else goes through this.

Thanks!

Bev
bperezlavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 01:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 350.8/340.0/175

Height: 5`5

My biggest obstacle in losing weight is me. But nearly 50lbs is awesome and 100lbs is SO much less than 150lbs to lose. Your doing a good job! You can get over this!
ShaDucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 354/307/200

Height: 5'3

thank you so much for the kind words! i keep telling myself today is a new day!
bperezlavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:51 PM   #4  
I'm so sexy it hurts

S/C/G: (275 preggo) 245/183/<165

Height: 5'8'"

I think everyone does it. We don't want to really try and fail that would hurt more than just blowing it off and not meeting your goal. Then you didn't fail, you just didn't try.
Kriket84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:54 PM   #5  
Pure Determination!

S/C/G: 292/260/185

Height: 5'11"

Oh boy! This sounds like me. Really hits home. I do the same thing and I am trying to stop when I get to that point that I have nibbled a lot and then go sit down to dinner. Last night I nibbled on a handful of Fritos and the salt always makes my weight go up. For dinner I just put half a small can of tuna, low sodium on a big salad with tomato and I felt much better about myself. For desert I looked real hard at some chocolate and then went for a big cup of strawberries. Sure hope I can break some bad old habits here!!
Good luck to you!
WildflowerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 01:45 AM   #6  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

There is no failure! Just feedback! Data!

Lose, don't lose, it's up to you. Life will go on. You will still have to dump the garbage, do the dishes go to work, yada, yada, blah, blah.

Thing is, when you decide, to get happy, and healthy, and positive, and learn to say "NO" first, because, you can always come back and say yes later, life will get better!

We all have the choice, to choose! It's not always an easy road to take, but it is so worth it!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:42 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Is it possible that you've been so focused on this mini goal that you've been denying yourself your favorite foods? When I get dialed in on a goal, I sometimes get a little too gung ho and strip the fun out of my diet. Maybe you just need a little more variety?
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:49 PM   #8  
Queen of the Manatees!

S/C/G: 304/263/125

Height: 5'2

Here's what I do. I give myself one cheat day a week. I eat one meal that's fast food and a dessert. Like, I'll have a burger and onion rings, a diet soda (I've quit all soda, diet or otherwise) and a medium blizzard from Dairy Queen. I look forward to it all week. It keeps me on track. I say "I'll eat this healthy food now because its only X days till Friday." You can't totally deny yourself. You'll only binge eventually if you do that.
Elyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I get like that if I'm looking at the scale too much. I seem to lose weight when I put the scale away for months at a time. Whenever I start weighing myself often I start to obsess, feel guilty etc. It doesn't matter what the scale says - if I lose weight it makes me feel pressure to keep going. If I gain a pound it makes me feel discouraged. If the weight stays steady it makes me feel like I'm floundering. I feel so much better when I'm not weighing myself, who needs that emotional baggage every morning?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 08:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 210/210/125

Height: 5'5"

bperezlavigne, self sabotage is exactly what I do. I reach goal, or close to goal, and I start to think, "Well now I have to get beautiful."

I start fretting about everything from tiny dark spots on my face, to the bulges at the top of my thighs. The last time I made it to goal weight, I actually made an appointment for a quick lift to take up the slack on my face. Suddenly I was gorging. Anything to keep form having a lift that may have caused blood clots or a weird looking face. I cancelled the surgery and lost my $500 deposit.

I need to tell myself that just because I get thin, it does not mean I have to change anything else.
FluffyFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:50 PM   #11  
mollysize2

S/C/G: I was 153, currently a size 2

Height: 5'4

I went through this, it's an unconscious thing...when you find out why you are afraid of letting go of the weight, such as being seen and being powerful in whatever you have been hiding from, the weight will fly off.

let me know if you need more help in this area.
mmsapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:57 PM   #12  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Weight loss is a game of averages. So don't sweat it. Get 6 days right out of every 7 and you'll be good.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:14 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 112/110/100

On some level i think we self-sabotage because we are scared to change. without making assumptions, food or fat has been a protective mechanism/layer for us for so long. I know for me at least, being larger means i can't participate in things because i'll hold back. although consciously i'm angry at this, at missing out, part of me (the part that overeats) is trying to protect myself from rejection, failure etc.
Whenever i go into self-sabotage mode (and i'm still working on it!) i bring to mind the part of me that scared, thats hurting and acknowledge it. i don't have to act on its requests but i can validate more or less that losing weight is scary, that for me its associated with putting myself out there and thats risky!
minime87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 197/194.4/135

Height: 5'1"

I've struggled with self-sabotage the most when I moved back with my parents. When I lived alone, I was most successful with my weight loss because I didn't bring tempting foods into my place. Now that I see cookies and pies on a daily basis, it's a struggle to keep away. I mostly can control the urges to dive into the cookies because I know my belly won't be satisfied after eating it. I just remind myself "That food has no control over me and it's not going to satisfy me. Eat a low cal protein snack!"

I mostly struggle on the weekends or during out-of-town trips. I'll find out that I've made great results during the week and boy I start rewarding myself before Friday can end. I'm working on it...

Last edited by letsgetaway; 05-18-2015 at 07:47 PM.
letsgetaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 07:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/194.4/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime87 View Post
On some level i think we self-sabotage because we are scared to change. without making assumptions, food or fat has been a protective mechanism/layer for us for so long. I know for me at least, being larger means i can't participate in things because i'll hold back. although consciously i'm angry at this, at missing out, part of me (the part that overeats) is trying to protect myself from rejection, failure etc.
Whenever i go into self-sabotage mode (and i'm still working on it!) i bring to mind the part of me that scared, thats hurting and acknowledge it. i don't have to act on its requests but i can validate more or less that losing weight is scary, that for me its associated with putting myself out there and thats risky!
Yes!!! (to the bolded part), I was reading a book on self-image and it said something to the effect that like a phone ringing, you don't always have to answer the call. That was powerful to me.
letsgetaway is offline   Reply With Quote