Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 08:59 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default It's Friday, I'm in Love!!

Sorry, I just LOVE The Cure...

Starting thread, back to post in 2 shakes....
Old 08-08-2003, 09:10 AM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Well, we thought it would never get here, but Friday finally found it's way...

Yesterday, dabrat posted a question that I thought maybe we could use as our question for the day--what is your favorite splurge food?

My favorites involve going out. There are a couple of AWESOME restraunts that I typically splurge at. They are Jim and Jennie's and OJ's. At Jim and Jennie's, I get an order of fried zucchini (which comes with tzatziki sauce), and a gyro platter, which includes a salad with their awesome dressing, a gyro, and Greek potatoes. (Oh my goodness, my stomach is growling!!) If I were to go to OJ's, I would get OJ's strips--strips of tortilla fried in oil and covered in cheese and their super-good hot sauce. Then I would get a beef and cottage cheese enchilada--it's at least 10" long, filled with beef and cottage cheese and just covered (and I mean COVERED) in shredded cheddar cheese. I also get sour cream and guacamole to go on it. OJ's is a little worse on the waistline than Jim and Jennie's. Oh, one other thing I like to splurge on is a Pecan Cluster Blizzard from Dairy Queen, with chocoalte ice cream, butterscotch sauce, and a bunch of pecans. Ohhh, yummy.

Wow, I just re-read that last paragraph--can you tell how much I love food? No wonder I'm in the predicament I'm in now.

Well, after a super-long monologue about my favorite splurge foods, I'd just like to say that yesterday was another POP day for me. Two days in a row, I'm pretty happy. I think the thing that kept me going the last couple of days was just paying attention to the thin people around me, and noticing how confident they are and remembering how great it felt when I was that confident and didn't want to disappear when I saw a cute guy in the hall here at work...

OK, I'm gonna go see about some breakfast. Back later.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:28 AM   #3  
Never Quit!

Talking Thank goodness the weekend is here!

Hey there everyone! I have had such a hectic week and can't believe I haven't posted since TUESDAY! I am still trying to catch up on Wed & Thurs posts.

I have had a pretty up & down week on program. Wednesday was my Hubby's birthday and we went out for Indian. It was wonderful!!! We love to go out to eat and hadn't gone to Indian in such a long time. Mostly due to points. I have no idea how to calculate any of the foods for WW...so I just enjoy the evening and try to get back on track the next day. So, I think I have been on program only 2 of 6 days. Although today isn't accounted for. Hopefully I can pull through today. Weigh in is tomorrow and I am debating getting on the scale. I will definetly go to the meeting, but I don't want to let the scale get me down because it will effect the rest of the new week. By the way...celebrating Hubby's birthday with the In-Laws on Saturday evening and then on Sunday with my Parents! I am going to have to get that exercise in. I just wish the rain would stop over here in NY. It has been almost 2 weeks with terrible weather.

Other than that, things are moving. My Sister is engaged and making plans. My Hubby and I are planning on starting house-hunting in January...and baby-making time! So, I have promised myself to get to goal (or pretty close) by the end of the year.

Let me jet. I'll post later.

~Cuba
Old 08-08-2003, 09:34 AM   #4  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Morning Jess! I have so many splurges but I will narrow it down. Dairy Queen twist cone dipped in chocolate and sprinkles I also love their mud pie blizzard. The rolls at Red Lobster are another splurge. I am allergic to seafood but I still go there b/c I love to eat the rolls

Morning Cuba~ I have never had Indian food??? Fill me in on it a bit. Have fun celebrating your Dh's b-day!

So what is everyone doing this wknd. Tonight I think DH And I are going to my sister's softball game but other than that no big plans. I would like to go biking at some point though and I desperately need groceries so maybe I will do that on Sat. Well back to work. I will check back later.
Old 08-08-2003, 09:50 AM   #5  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jess - I'm so proud of you!! Keep it up this weekend.

Jayne - hope you are feeling better and off to FL.

Lexxy - sucks about having to move. It is expensive. If you have no choice though - try to look for the silver lining - you can pick a new place that doesn't have a mold problem!

Becky - They called you in over .2????? Holy schmoly am I glad that my job isn't based on a clearance rate of some sort.

Kim - bring a water gun to the shower and surreptitiously squirt annoying bridesmaids.

Hi to Cuba, Daphne, Angie, Belle and everyone else I am probably forgetting from yesterday's thread.

Have been very busy at work the last few days - yeah! - so I haven't been around much. We have tickets to the Counting Crows/John Mayer (sigh...) concert tonight. Yipee!

Still struggling with healthy eating but I grocery shopped last night and filled my home with healthy choices. I have been dong a lot of "thinking" about weight loss, fitness, health, etc. over the last week. It bothers me that I consider myself to either be "on" or "off" program. I am very much an all or nothing person and it seems to me that if I continue to think about being on/off program I am reinforcing the idea of good/bad, all/nothing as well as the idea of this as a program that I use until I am comfortable rather than a lifestyle for a lifetime. WW has taught me about the food pyramid, healthy choices, portion size, etc. etc but truthfully, I'm a little tired of counting points and then allowing myself to feel good or bad about me based on whether I ate OP or not. I think that for the next week (or maybe 2) I'm going to give myself a break. I'm going to eat when I'm hungry and try to generally make healthy choices but not worry about portions or the exact number of fruits and veggies I eat. I'm not giving up on creating a fit, healthy body for myself but I've been seriously stressed and I need to take a little time to be kind to my mind/soul even if it means that I lose no weight or gain a little over the rest of this month.

So, enough blubbering.

Food splurge....bagels with full fat cream cheese....mmmm

Laura
Old 08-08-2003, 10:56 AM   #6  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Hey Laura~ I am doing the same thing for a little while. I agree. I get to caught up in good food bad food etc. You are right you know the healthier choices b/c you have been doing it long enough. BUT you HAVE to keep coming around or we will miss you terribly

As far as the job thing I am working on my resume and hope to send a couple out next week
Old 08-08-2003, 11:12 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Default I am here

Looks like it's been quiet again, with summer vacations. I have checked over the thread the past few days and it would seem there have been a few of us in a rut.

Laura - I know how you feel too - I think giving yourself a break is a good idea - you may find that just following your own body's cues is enough for you! but don't go away from teh board!!

Kiminey - damn bridesmaids! I feel for ya - having gone through it twice last year. My only words of comfort are - it'll soon be over. Taht can be your mantra - it will soon be over, it will soon be over.....

Jess - congrats on your Day #2 of POP!! I am food person too - I love Moroccan food! and sushi! And Indian too but my favorite is THAI!! Yumm.....I think I'll have some now.....damn, can't there is WI in 3 hours!

Speaking of which - I was down 1.2 last week...this week I better be down too! I'll check in later and let ya know. According to the dread homescale, I am down 1.5 ish. We'll see!! I have been trying the Wendie Plan someone had pointed out a while back. It seems to make sense and it does seem to be working?!!

Cuba- happy house-hunting! And babymaking..hee hee...I am so bad. I loved house-hunting. It was confusing and I found myself really thinking about it alot but once we found what we wanted it was great!!

Hey Becky - I love Dairy Queen dipped cones too - but I can make do with the fudge bar as long as I don't taste someone else's real ice cream. It's like driving a Hyundai Pony and then taking a Cadillac for a test drive....your Pony will never feel the same......

Well, must get off to work - my "review and goal setting" is today and my boss is being tough to deal with - I have gone to HR for advice on how to approach her about my concerns and I feel more prepared and ready to deal with this. It's after WI - too big "meetings" today. Wish me luck!

Belle....
Old 08-08-2003, 11:20 AM   #8  
Running Babe

Hey all!

I actually have net access at work now, so I'll be able to check up more often!

Lexxy: Make sure your landlord is doing everything according to the law. Is he giving you proper notice? Complain to the health department if there's a mold problem. I hate speeding tickets to, they suck!

Jess: mmmm I love turtle cheesecake... a bar and grill burger with french fries.. Rotisserie chicken,.. cookie dough ice cream all are splurge foods for me!

Grace: I agree, I love a vanilla cone dipped in chocolate!

Cuba: not sure we've met, but howdy!

I went to a football game last night (Ottawa v. Saskatchewan). I broke even for points with dinner, then the bf bought a huge bag of popcorn... Oh well, it wasn't a huge blow-out, but a few more points than I would have liked... but it was good, and we parked about 25 mins away so we did get some exercise.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 08-08-2003, 11:51 AM   #9  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

Morning all

Quiet Friday so far here at work, it'll get crazy before too long

I weighed in this morning and was down 3.5 from last week. As much as I'd love to trust the numbers on the scale, I wish it was a little less of a loss because this makes me think that I'll either be steady next week or up... I should give up on the scale thing, but it motivates me - I wish I wouldn't obssess about it so much!

Anyway

Splurges -- Pizza!!! And anything at Red Lobster. Or Olive Garden black tie mousse cake... Okay I'm getting hungry, must move on....

Cuba - sounds like you've been very busy - I've actually never had Indian food - what kind of food is that? (can you tell I'm from central IL - the middle of nowhere)

laura - sounds like you've got a good plan for the next few weeks, let us know how it works out

Hey jess becky belle and all others - have a good weekend!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:10 PM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

just a quick note to say i'm still here!
hello to everyone, old and new!
hope you're all doing well and looking forward to the weekend. last weekend i stuck to my points for the first time in literally years (probably since i got to goal!). and as a result i lost 3.5 pounds that week (which put me back into my preferred weight range). the question is: can i hold onto my willpower for another weekend? i'd like to lose a few more pounds cos i'm off on holiday next month!! but this weekend i have my mum, sis, bro-in-law and niece all visiting me so i think it's going to be tough. plus, i resigned from my job today because the contract for my new one (my weather girl job!) finally turned up so i'm definitely cracking into the bottle of bollinger chilling in the fridge! i guess i'm going to have to take my niece swimming and get me some bonus points. hopefully i won't eat too much, cos this heatwave in london has killed some of my cravings (not the cheese one sadly!).
right. gotta go, have a good weekend and i'll try to post more next week,
kirsty
Old 08-08-2003, 12:16 PM   #11  
Scotland's finest export

ps angie - indian food is very high in points. if you've never had it, i'd avoid getting addicted to it! a lot of the dishes are curries (eg chicken jalfrezi, lamb korma, or the really hot one - vindaloo), usually served with naan bread and rice. it tends to be cooked using ghee (clarified butter) so v fattening. a lot of dishes are creamy or coconutty, again high in points. i try to stick to things like saag aloo (spinach and potato) and vegetable curries. hope that helps.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:00 PM   #12  
Started IP 1/8/13

Height: 5'7"

thanks kirsty!

Maybe I'll avoid trying indian food - always better to not even know what i'm missing. congrats on the job!
Old 08-08-2003, 01:16 PM   #13  
Running Babe

Kirsty: Congrats!
Old 08-08-2003, 02:24 PM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Yay me! I am down another 1.2 this week - this seems to be my number of choice....oh well 1.2 is good enough for me. I am back on teh downward slope which is awesome....

Well, off to eat a TV dinner for lunch...

PS - Ali - how'd your french exam go??
Old 08-08-2003, 03:17 PM   #15  
Running Babe

Belle: I missed the mark on my grammar by 2 marks, but they just changed my job description so I am fine. I understand french perfectly and I can speak it so I am allright! Still wish I had gotten the level I wanted. Congrats on the loss!

ali
Closed Thread