Old 04-03-2015, 07:51 PM   #1  

Default Anyone starting/doing T25?

I just ordered the at-home exercise program T25 and now I'm panicking. About two years ago when I was running daily and working out in the gym, I tried a couple of days of Insanity. It was difficult, but I was able to get through it. Fast forward and I'm the heaviest I've ever been and definitely the most out of shape. I made the mistake of trying Insanity again...Oh God. I ended up nearly puking so I got 2/3 of the way through only by stopping literally every couple of minutes. Not only that, I was crazy sore for about a week afterwards. After referring to "the Google" I figured out that marinating in bath salts and alternating cold and hot was the solution. While I stewed in my briny bath, leg resting on a package of frozen lima beans, I was really questioning where I went wrong with my health. How I have let myself get to the point where I feel like I'm an old, tired and depressed woman. None of my clothes fit.

Anyway, I was looking for something that is a little less "insane" but will kick my tookus and get relatively fast results. Hence, the impulse buy of T25 alpha and beta...

I realized I really need support for this time around. Two years ago I had several friends who wanted to run with me and go to the gym. Since I have moved, I haven't found anyone who is interested and my boyfriend (whom I live with) claims he is allergic to exercise and deems healthy food as "not real food." Gotta love it (and him!). So, I hope that somewhere out in the interwebs there is someone who is getting ready to start this program (or recently did) who is interested in chatting and sharing during the journey.

Here's hoping!
lilenginethatcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 05:35 AM   #2  

Hi I just started insanity. 😊 idk what I was thinking! Haha How is the t25 coming along?
chikka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #3  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey there!

I did Insanity a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it and what it did for my body. I think I lost about 20 lbs during the time I did it, which is amazing for me since I suck at following diet plans that come with these home workouts. I've done Insanity on and off for the last 3-4 years and I was so excited to hear that there was a new Shaun T workout coming out.

I'd like to say I'm doing T25, but I use it more as a cross training tool to my running. I completely suck at following strict programmes so I tend to just do the workouts when I feel like them (usually 3-4 times a week in the cold seasons, then on and off during running season!)

T25 is definitely less strenuous than Insanity, but there are also no breaks like there was in Insanity. There is also a modifier too who does simpler versions of the moves in case you feel you can't do a particular move. There is also a slow progression to each move (start out doing a march, then a hop onto one leg to the other, then finally you do high knees for example). Then there is a "Burnout" which is a combination of all the moves in their final form put together.

What I love about T25 is the fact it really is just 25 minutes! Insanity is awesome, but 40-60 minute workouts aren't for everyone. I really like T25, Shaun T is my favourite trainer who does home workouts, so I'll think you'll be happy with it. I've only ever done Alpha videos so far and they're tough, so I can imagine Beta gets more interesting!!

Good luck!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote