Old 04-02-2015, 01:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

Default Full-Filled or Inside Out Weight Loss?

Anyone follow Renee Stephens here? Interested in a discussion/support group for her podcast, book, workbook, movies, groups/classes, etc?. I have been listening to the podcasts off and on for years; but I recently downloaded the workbook and got her book Full-Filled from the library.

I decided to start over and listen to the podcasts again from the beginning and if anybody wanted to join in and discuss current or past podcasts or whatever else, please join in. The podcasts and the ebook/workbook are available for free at her website https://www.insideoutweightloss.com/podcasts
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:21 PM   #2  

Well, I guess I'll start off and talk to myself if I have to... I have been listening to both the most recent and the first episodes lately.

The most recent podcast is so far a 2 part series (287 & 288) on releasing judgment. It did resonate with me because perceived judgment does sometimes trigger overeating or binge eating for me. When I did the Beck Diet program I actually listed feeling judged by mean girls or athletic types as one of my many (about 25) reasons for wanting to lose weight. Most often it is an inlaw, relative or acquaintance that makes some sort of backhanded comment that pushes my buttons.

A couple of weeks ago in parent meeting with one of my kid's coaches I had that kind of experience and came home stewing about it. My oldest kids are teens and they come home with a lot of junk food these days...the kind that I don't purchase or keep around the house. The night of the meeting my 17yo daughter came home with one of those iced chocolate chip cookie cakes you can buy in the bakery section of most grocery stores. I had a near miss (miraculously stopped myself after only 2 pieces) before I came to my senses, walked away and turned on an IOWL podcast for a distraction. It helped some, then I meditated and did EFT tapping before I finally got the negativity to stop playing over in my head.

Anyway, I have found some of the Renee methods to be helpful and I was hoping to find some other people here who would be interested in discussing the podcasts, techniques, homework etc.
Old 04-20-2015, 07:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

I've never heard of her, but I'll watch one, see what I think let you know, EFT has been a huge help for me on my weightloss journey
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 01:01 AM   #4  

Thanks , fairygaia. Did you listen to any of the podcasts yet? As I mentioned before I have been working from both ends (new releases and the beginning episodes) and jumping around a little whenever a title or series sounds interesting. Today I listened to a couple of podcasts about self-acceptance and self-correcting.

The podcast that really resonated with me was number 39 or 40, I believe. (She discusses a Russian model who was thin, famous, wealthy, beautiful, young etc that jumped off a building.) I really liked the part about happiness being a skill. You have to learn it and practice it often. Thinking that you will get happy when or after you get thin is bad thinking...you have to get happy first or staying thin is always going to be a struggle!