Old 03-30-2015, 07:33 AM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Check in anyone?

Good morning,
I am looking for a weeklong thread for some accountability. a place to check in sort of a over achieved/under achieved (food) over preformed/underperformed (exercise) a little chit chat, how you are managing your day with kids/work and meeting your goals. :-) I need some buddies.

I am starting day 4 with my misfit (mixed feelings about it so far) and the lose it app. I am waiting for a new scale to arrive. I know there is a reason I don't have one. I am not excited to bring one back. I have a bit of a mental battle with the scale. It will not stay out on the bathroom floor. I have met my step goal the last 3 days which surprised me. It has been much harder to stick to the calorie allotment. I mean I clearly did not pack on the pounds eating 1200 calories a day. So I am going to give myself a little time to figure out how to parcel out the daily and not be ready to eat the walls or the dog.

Anyone want to jump in? Say hello?
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:50 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/173/145

Default Hi from the South Shore of Boston

Hi, I would be happy to have a little more check in for accountability! I lost 50 lbs with the Lose It app a few years ago but then got lazy, so I am trying to lose about 25 lbs now. I also use a Mio Fuse to track heart rate during my work outs.
I weigh myself everyday, just because I think it's interesting the way weight changes throughout the week. I only do it first thing in the morning, before I step in the shower. Also for me, it keeps me motivated.
jen2296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:52 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

Hi Jen!
I have about 25 to lose too. I have some obstacles. I have crohn's and colitis and as my meds have made me "healthy" again after 3 years of coming back from a bad bout, there are quite a few things I can't eat including fruit. I use to think I would miss it, but I really don't. Seeds, nuts, and some veggies are a no go too. Finding a balance between staying within my calorie count and not starving is going to be tough.

Looks like we are not to far from each other with the size of the state of MA :-) I am looking forward to winter moving into anything warmer and sunny. They recently plowed out some of the road at our park, but the trails still have too much snow on them. It will be nice to be able to go out for a long walk in the weeks to come and not just pace the road inside the park.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:14 AM   #4  
Fighting the Good Fight

Height: 5'1"

I'll jump in. I just re-started my Beck program on Saturday and chose Calorie Counting as my dieting method--1200 cal/day is my goal.

The whole weekend was on plan and that included an all-day road trip on Saturday. My first step goal is to lose 5lb. Sounds like nothing, but I'm on steroid treatment, 57 years old, and work at a full time stressjob. Also have an 8 yr old with disabilities. If I make that 5 pound goal, I'll go for another 5.

I'm using "My Fitness Pal" app on my phone to record the calories. My normal "Weigh In Day" is Saturday morning.

My most difficult time is between dinner and bedtime--I'm most likely to "go rogue" and overeat then...
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 07:21 PM   #5  

Default Hello!

I decided to come back to 3fc after being gone for several years and was amazed my profile was still here and my account still active. I had gastric bypass surgery several years ago and I lost about 150 lbs.. I left this forum in 2009 and over the last several years have started regaining my weight. I had lost. I decided last Fri. to get back on track. I am using fat secret to record my calorie count. It works pretty good. I can't wait for spring as my exercise of choice is walking... I look forward to getting and giving support and like posting everyday as it keeps me focused. So ....Have a good eve!
doitforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:17 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Good morning!
Hi Sue
Pleasant suprise yesterday, the snow stopped and the sun came out! A nice afternoon walk with the dog when I thought it wasn't going to happen. I stayed on track yesterday, 100 steps short of goal, and right on plan for food.

We have a function at school today wich includes food, not sure what my stadagy is goi g to be. Truthfully, it's the cookies that call my name. I need to get my walk in before hand, I do know that.

Lots of work to get done this morning, I hope more will check in and say hi.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:41 PM   #7  

Hi all,
It's almost the weekend, which is good and bad. I always struggle with eating out on the weekends, especially a weekend that includes chocolate bunnies. The good news is that I hear it's finally nice outside and I can't wait to get out of work. Planning to walk outside a little and then heading to Zumba. Anyone tried it? I am the worst dancer ever but I love this class. I stick to the back and just keep moving, even when I have no idea what they are doing.
I am struggling a little with how many calories I should eat a day. The lose it app is giving me 1500 but other websites are recommending 1300-1400. I know when I get closer to my ideal weight it goes down to 1200 and I won't go below that but not sure what to do now.
Jen
Old 04-02-2015, 09:39 PM   #8  
Owned by Dixie

I totally hear you in the lose it app, about a week into in now, I am getting I have my base calories then I get bonus calories for exercise that even if I eat them I should still stay on plan. I kind of figured that out yesterday, we went out last night and when I planned what I was going to eat out, I still had calories left, which of course I ate ;-) no harm done. So far so good. If it is giving you the 1500, see how it goes, you can always modify it if it isn't working.

Nice day out today, well warmer than lately, had a nice walk in the park with Dog. Planning a walk in the woods on Sunday, dog usually likes a pm stroll, which I have been enjoying too.

My friends are taking me out to lunch for my birthday tomorrow, then Passover dinner. Truth is I can live without the Passover food. Not my favorite anyway. I will be careful at lunch, but not going to stress on all of it tomorrow either.
Happy Passover and Happy Easter.
Old 04-03-2015, 01:46 PM   #9  

Have a great birthday and Passover!
Old 04-04-2015, 01:03 PM   #10  
Owned by Dixie

Thank you! I had a great time yesterday. I was over on calories as I expected to be, but back on track today...so far ;-)