South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 07:04 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Top 'O The Mornin' Tuesday SBD Chat, 3/17

Good morning and Happy St. Patrick's Day! Today, everyone's Irish.

Is anyone having corned beef and cabbage today? We're not big fans of it, but I did get a loaf of Irish Soda Bread and will have a small wedge to keep with tradition. Maybe I'll have a splash of Bailey's in my coffee, in honor of the day.

Have a good day, and beward of the leprecauns!.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ahhhh, shoot! I forgot to wear green today!

I'm off to a meeting in Hershey, about 2 hours away. Almost packed (except the laptop and my electric blankie ), eating my overnight oats and relaxing a second before I leave.

Don't you chicks get too crazy while I'm sitting in meetings!!
Old 03-17-2015, 08:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

This is my first ever St. Paddy's as an (almost) Irish person, thanks to my genealogy research that traces DH's paternal line back to Ireland. This morning I'm helping my senior friend again; we are going to try to figure out how to order her a bra online that is easy to faster with bad hands and little shoulder mobility. Then I work this afternoon.

I got called into work last night for a sick co-worker. I'm working almost twice as much as usually this week and next. Confirms for me that I really prefer to just work a few hours a week!

My bike ride made me nervous! Mostly because I clip in and was worried I couldn't get up hills or make it around corners. I really need to get in a few more practice runs before I feel comfortable enough to join when DH's biking buddy is back.

Have a great day.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:13 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"And the rest o'the day to yerself, me darlin' coleens!" ( Linda and Tammy - are those irish names? If not, no need to wear green.)

Of course I'm having corned beef and cabbage. I draw the line at turnip but may make some colcannon, heavy on the kale and light on the taters. In my crazy Irish family, we had green porridge for breakfast on this day. My Dad used to put green food colouring in the toilet tank so the first flush was very festive. I miss him a bit more on this 17th of Ireland. I miss Bailey's and Irish whiskey too but not Guiness.

The Board meeting went well yesterday although it was very long, I am now the employer of Madeleine who is going to take over a large part of my workload. As chief financial officer I'll still have lots to do but she will handle the nitty-gritty stuff like posting transactions, filing and feeding me info for reports. Whew!

Today I will spend some time at the bank straightening out access to the accounts and also getting the safety deposit box drilled open and re-keyed. There is nothing that important in there but I lost the keys and it's dumb to pay a yearly fee with no access. I suspect they keys were somewhere in my car that was traded in three years ago! I'll also get more corned beef as I am doing Delta Family Dinner this coming Sunday and going Irish. There will be 14 at the table so I'm hoping my friendly butcher gives me a deal!

Enjoy the day and remember we welcome spring this weekend and world will immediately change! (If not, have some Baileys!)
Old 03-17-2015, 09:36 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7"

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you,

Sounds like everyone is all festive today. No, I will not be making corn beef and cabbage.

Today is wfh but had some meetings added to my calender today. I don't have on green but when I go out I will have a green jacket and my green purse does that count lol

Cottage have a good day today

Twynn hope your meetings go well today

Karen sounds like you still had a good ride yesterday

Ruth yea for hired help- glad you are freeing up more of your time

Have a wonderful day.
Old 03-17-2015, 09:58 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

good morning, better late than never Work, sick but starting to recover DH, and more work. I was looking forward to a 4 day weekend but now I'm looking forward to a 3.5 day weekend because Sunday I'll be driving north to start my 11 day work stretch (11.5 now). Dh is home sick again, hopefully turning a corner. Poor guy, it's been a long stretch.

Time for me to head out the door. Maybe I'll buy some greens for dinner
Old 03-17-2015, 04:40 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 5"

Afternoon, everyone! I made crack slaw last night (that's kinda like beef and cabbage, right?) but tonight we will splurge and go out since it's also our anniversary.

Ruth, glad you officially passed the baton on some of the financial stuff.

Cyndi, poor DH!! Hope he feels better soon.

Cottage, I might have a splash of Bailey's tonight...

Tammy,
how were those meetings? Nothing worse than the type where you feel your time has been wasted.

Pearl, a green jacket and purse definitely count!!

Karen, I'm with you. I'd rather work part time but such is life.

Although we had a snow flurry this morning we currently have sun which is so nice. Ruth, just in case spring doesn't suddenly change the whole world this weekend I picked up some potted daffodils at the grocery store yesterday. I may go back and get a pot of tulips as well. So cheerful!

Have a great evening, chicks, and watch out for the green beer!

Last edited by Beth19; 03-17-2015 at 04:40 PM.
Closed Thread