Old 03-15-2015, 02:22 PM   #1  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Metabolic and Pinterest Recipes 2015

I know some of us share recipes and thought it would be great to have them in a separate thread to look up more quickly
For me- if I have tasty substitutions and healthy choices - I really will make this a lifestyle change plan and lose and most important keep the weight off.

Please share new food finds and MRC approved recipes! I remember when I first joined - I was so excited to find out I could have tacos (but serve the mixture on lettuce or in a wrap with 1/2 tortilla
Thanks for your shares and motivation!
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #2  
Motivated Member

Was looking for a plan approved salad dressing and found this on Emetabolic.com. All I need is poppy seeds and hope our company is not going to be doing any drug testing soon. Lol!
I'm guessing poppy seeds would be with nuts?

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Ingredients:
1 oz. green onions, sliced
4 oz. spinach
3 oz. cucumber and/or tomatoes, sliced
3/4 c. strawberries, quartered
Dressing:
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 or 2 pkgs. zero calorie sweetener, optional
2 tsp. canola or olive oil
1/4 tsp. poppy seeds

Preparation:

Toss salad, mix dressing, drizzle and enjoy.
Servings: 1
Replaces: 8 oz. vegetables, 1 fruit
Tip: Add 4 oz. grilled chopped chicken, grilled shrimp or 2 boiled eggs for a complete meal.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:35 PM   #3  
Motivated Member

parmesean crusted chicken - ..

Thawed, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 egg
parmesean cheese (the kind in the shaker that you put on pizza)
seasonings

Beat the egg and put into a dish (I use a pie pan). Put "some" parmesean cheese and your seasonings (I like McCormick's Garlic Herb) into another dish. Dip the chicken into the egg wash on both sides, then cover it in the parmesean mix. It should look "breaded". From this point you can either bake the chicken on heat some olive oil in a pan and "fry" the chicken. This is a really yummy way to fix the run of the mill boring chicken breast.
(Copied).

Last edited by bigdog; 03-15-2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:59 AM   #4  

Great idea, Big Dog..

Will share as I make .

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 10:34 AM   #5  

For my lunch today will add tuna in water to this salad from MRC recipes I do not have apples, so will use strawberries and omit the cinammon and use something else ..

This recipe is called APPLE CELERY SALAD
8 oz. chopped celery

1 sm. apple, chopped

2 tsp. canola oil

1-2 pkg. zero calorie sweetener

Dash of poppy seeds

Cinnamon to taste (optional)

In a bowl with a tight fitting lid or zipper bag, combine apples and celery, pour in oil. Seal and shake. Add sweetener, poppy seeds and cinnamon. Shake once more

Patzi
Old 03-18-2015, 08:48 AM   #6  

Breakfast Recipe(MRC)

BACON AND EGG FLATOUT

Bacon and eggs for breakfast, YES! Eggs and cheese topped with crunchy bacon, served on a warm flatout. Now that's a wonderful breakfast and it takes less than 10 minutes to prepare. You can use 2 eggs or 1 egg and 1 oz of cheese, whichever you prefer. We nest our protein on a warm Flatout, although you can use any kind of low calories wrap or pita. Flatouts come in a variety of flavors, most are 100 calories per flat, so you can use 1/2 at breakfast. If you're on the run just roll it up and eat it on the run.

Note.. I used egg beaters when I ate this moring with turkey bacon. Use whatever is allowed on your programs.

1 egg scrambled with 1 oz cheese (or 2 Eggs only)

1 slice uncured bacon, cooked until crispy

50 calorie Flatout or other bread

Scramble eggs, add cheese. Cook bacon until crisp. Place mixture on flatout and toast until melty and warm.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:50 PM   #7  
Motivated Member

Yum! Patzi. Great recipe!
I got the sundried tomato flat out (and thanks to u guys for posting info re: flat outs - never heard of them). 1/2 is 45 cal, high fiber and so good.
I spread garlic laughing cow spread on it - roll it up and eat it on the way to work, then my 2 boiled eggs when I get to work.
This am, put 1 oz parmasean cheese on 1/2 and microwaved for 30 sec then wrapped. YUM!!!! Tasted sinful
I also cooked some skinless boneless chicken breasts in the crockpot with a can of Rotel, sautéed garlic and chicken broth Sunday and have been eating that shredded over my romaine/cabbage salad for lunch with lite Italian or raspberry vinegarette. Good wrapped in a flat out too w shredded cabbage and lettuce

Last edited by bigdog; 03-20-2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Yum! Patzi. Great recipe!
I got the sundried tomato flat out (and thanks to u guys for posting info re: flat outs - never heard of them). 1/2 is 45 cal, high fiber and so good.
I spread garlic laughing cow spread on it - roll it up and eat it on the way to work, then my 2 boiled eggs when I get to work.
This am, put 1 oz parmasean cheese on 1/2 and microwaved for 30 sec then wrapped. YUM!!!! Tasted sinful
I also cooked some skinless boneless chicken breasts in the crockpot with a can of Rotel, sautéed garlic and chicken broth Sunday and have been eating that shredded over my romaine/cabbage salad for lunch with lite Italian or raspberry vinegarette. Good wrapped in a flat out too w shredded cabbage and lettuce
I have made parmesan toast, but on a flatbread.. Yummo... Will try that..I always have chicken made for something... Tonight we ate late and had a huge salad with everything in it.. Thanks for ideas..

Patzi
Old 03-21-2015, 05:25 PM   #9  
Motivated Member

Just created a new protein rich dessert

I used the SF FF jello Choc pudding mix (35 cal per serving), Hershey's unsweetened Choc powder - 10 cal. And put in blender w plain greek yogurt 130 cal per cup and 23 G protein, added 3 TB cool whip and some water to blend. So good and high in protein!

Last edited by bigdog; 03-22-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 04-04-2015, 01:15 PM   #10  
Motivated Member

Default Beef veggie...

I've been using my wok and taking lean ground beef, little bit of olive oil and stir frying the beef w sliced mushrooms, diced green pepper, shredded cabbage and small can of hot rotel tomatoes. Salt, pepper, worchestire for seasoning. It's so good!!! I serve on chopped up romaine and cabbage . Also good on flat outs!