Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 03-10-2015, 07:11 PM   #1  
Swollen

S/C/G: 301/301/180

Height: 5'9"

Arrow Starting gastric sleeve process w/CIGNA insurance.

I'm made the decision to have the gastric sleeve done.
A ton of people at my job have had it. Everyone has done excellent except 1 girl. I've researched & selected my doctor (I used to work in his clinic). I will kept y'all updated.
Alhamdulillah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:00 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good luck Alhamdulilah, I have a few friends who are doing great with the sleeve and one that is not. It seems to me the more people succeed. I'm very happy for you.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 05:20 PM   #3  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 11:13 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Hi Alhamdulillah, to 3FC, and especially this forum. Congrats on your decision to have this life changing surgery. I had it in January of last year, and have had no complications at all. Have you been approved by your insurance yet?
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 04:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 273/173/150

Smile gastric sleeve tests

I too have CIGNA insurance. For months I have had to have multiple kinds of tests from labs to an EGD. I also have to travel over 5 hours one way for everything to keep it "in network" (all this while working full time). I sure hope its worth it by the time its over. I also found out I have a hiatal hernia and a really bad gallbladder (both will need fixed when I get my surgery), it is like things keep getting worse and dragging on longer. I am getting discouraged but I am over half way there so I trudge on.
eightiesbabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote