Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2003, 08:29 AM   #1  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down Chit Chat # 2

Welcome everyone,

We are a group of women who support each other through all of life's ups and downs, not just weight loss.

Won't you join us?

Back in a moment....
Old 08-07-2003, 08:37 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Thumbs down

Alrighty then....

I can always tell when a thread is getting long in the tooth by how long it takes to load on my computer!

Cristi - thank you for the nail polish tip. How did I get to be my age and not know this?? Speaking of girly stuff, don't you just love the improved all-day lipsticks? I wish I had them in every color just for the fun of it.

Hi to the others.

My niece wants me to go to a "stamping" party. I am a scrapbooker, so is this something I'm going to like? Have any of you done this?

What's everyone doing today?

Jana
Old 08-07-2003, 10:47 AM   #3  

Height: 5'1"

Angry Good Morning Ladies

I sure hope everyone is having a good morning today.
I had been complaining about the heat lately and you know,,,, it's raining now!! How refreshing it is. But I just wish it didn't have to start when we wanted to start moving!! Oh well, I won't melt away!

I believe I have put my house in turmoil!! Packing is SUCH a chore!! I am stepping around boxes and piles of stuff that need boxed up. How does one accummilate so much stuff??? I had decided that I don't want to go through anything as I pack... just pack it and go through it later. (MUCH later!! )

Well, I did my weigh in and I didn't lose a pound! But instead of pouting about it I did decide I should be proud that I didn't gain a pound!! (just gotta have positive thinking!)

Well, I could chat all day long ladies but unfortunatley, I have to tackle some stuff that I have spread around through out my whole house!

Hi to you all and I hope you're all relaxing on this Thursday morning!

Marti
Old 08-08-2003, 08:59 AM   #4  
GmaTo8

Question

I'm looking all around... where IS everybody?? I think there's an echo in here!!

Marti - here's a hint from when we moved - go to a liquor store and get their portioned-off boxes for things like glasses, knick-knacks, vases, stuff like that. We called ahead for a good time to go, then backed the truck up to the back door and got lots of boxes. It's sort of embarrassing to have your vehicle backed up to a liquor store, but we did it anyway! People may have thought we were gonna have one heck of a party, but oh well.

Today I have to make jelly, soup and a WW cake. I'm making the Dreamsicle Cake from the recipe thread, only I'm using diet Sprite and raspberry jello instead of the orange stuff. The soup is Amish Chicken Noodle - 5 points for 1 1/2 cups. And the jelly I'll give away. I've already got enough to last us quite awhile.

The kids are coming for dinner tonight instead of Sunday. And we are just having soup, sandwiches, and the WW cake. DH is taking me out to eat on Sunday, and we will be going to visit his brother again.

What's everyone else got planned for the weekend?

Have a good one, and I'll be back later.
Jana

Last edited by Jana; 08-08-2003 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:13 PM   #5  

Hi all..

Sorry Ive been MIA, Ive had a bit of a rough week.
I hope everyone is doing well in their little part of the world.

To everyone whos interested in the yahoo photos, its quite easy.
Go to yahoo.com and click on the photos link beside "organize". If you dont already have a yahoo ID you'll have to sign up for one.
Once youve signed up its easy to load photos from your computer.
Most of my photos are either from my webcam, or from picture CD's. Everytime I get photos processed I have them put on disc so I can share them.
The yahoo albums are easy to load, and organize. And best of all its free!

Well, I have to get back to not speaking with my husband, and sleeping on the couch. My life sucks.

Michelle
Old 08-08-2003, 01:43 PM   #6  
GmaTo8

Hi everyone,

Michele - Whoa!! Hold on a sec! You're gonna post that last sentence and not give details???? What did he do, anyway? You mean MY DH is not the only screw-up hubby on the thread???
Also, I can post pictures on the internet using a dics I get with my regular camera??? HOW COOL!!!

JazzyLady - if you're reading this, hon, hop on in!!!

I got the soup made, except for the noodles, which I can't add til right before we eat it. I got the cake made, and would love to just dive into that, and I got the jelly made. Whew! I've been in the kitchen all day!

BBL,
Jana
Old 08-09-2003, 01:58 AM   #7  

Hello hello!!

Welcome Jazzylady! I hope you enjoy our little neck of the woods here. I thought 2 dogs were difficult to keep up with, can't imagine 8!

Jana- I read your hint and at first when you said to go to the liquor store,,,, I thought "yeah, I could use a little sip of something to help calm me down!"
I did end up going to one of the stores and picked up a bunch of boxes. Now,,,, to fill them up is another story... gotta quit thinking of how much I got and just do it. Quit my whining! (I'm giving myself a little pep talk here)

I took my first load of stuff to Goodwill today. Among the many things I didn't need were my "comfy" clothes. Meaning, my old fat clothes. I tend to keep my clothes when they start getting to big, just in case something happens and I need to get them back out. Not this time! It was almost a security blanket issue. If I gained my weight back I always had clothes to fit into, get comfy in, lose interest in trying to stay with my healthy routine that I have. This time I figured if I got rid of them, and for some reason I gain some weight (hoping that's not gonna happen!) and I need bigger clothes, I would have to buy new ones. And the only time I want to buy new clothes is when it's because I need a smaller size! So instead of hunting in my closet for my bigger sized jeans I can work just a little harder to stay comfortable in what I already have. Getting rid of those clothes was a big step for me! It's an extra step that I'm hoping will help me keep my motivation of getting healthy without that little voice in the back of my head saying "well, if you ever just wanna give up, you still have your old clothes...." I'm determined to do it this time. I've done it before I can do it again.

Wow. I reread all that and I'm hoping I made sense with it all. I'm writing this as my eyes are drooping. It's been a long day.

I will talk with you all later.

Marti
Old 08-09-2003, 02:50 PM   #8  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Marti - good idea, getting rid of the "fat" clothes. Then you really have to think twice before going back to the Old You. Yeah, while you're at the liquor store, grab me a bag of beer nuts, okay??

Krista (AllAmericanBeauty) - hope you are reading this.... I was stationed in Kaiserslautern Germany in 1972 with my first DH. I turned 19 there. It is a beautiful city, with old castle ruins and a big downtown with a cool fountain. I remember the PX and the laundromat most of all. We did not live on base and I had to schlep the laundry all the way to the base on the trolley. Btw - I clicked on your photo link and it said the photo album is currently empty. Was that just me, or what?

All right ladies, where is everyone????

I went to my sister's bright and early this morning and snapped green beans for almost 3 hours. My poor fingers are still numb.

I took a peek at the scale today, a day early, just to check my progress. And the scale is telling me I've got a 1 1/2 pound gain. NO WAY!!! I have been within points all week! I will wait til morning when my official WI is, and take it from there. Granted, I haven't been drinking the water as much as I should, but I really have been OP!!

BBL,
Jana
Old 08-10-2003, 12:03 AM   #9  

Hi Ladies,

JANA, wow, I can't believe we have our own thread! Guess we can definitely say "We've come a long way baby".

OH, how is your granddaughter? It is so sad when they are sick. Our Brittany had Salmonila this week. By Friday she was feeling better.

Well, since I've been AWOL the last few weeks of school, I still don't know many of you well. I'll try to check in more often so I can get to know you.

The last few weeks have been really busy. Week before last I had two test and my grandfather was in the hospital. He has cancer and he had some close calls, but he is hanging in there.

Well, I'll go for now, talk with you later.

Ruth
Old 08-10-2003, 10:33 AM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Angry Hi Ladies

It figures as soon as I sign on I have to get off. Hubby just got out of the shower and now it is my turn. Need to go get ready for church. We went out early this morning and got a 2 mile walk in at the park while it was cool so now to get ready. Thank god for 2 services on Sunday. I hope everyone is having a GREAT day. Sorry this is so short, I WILL be back later to repsond to everyone. Take care ladies and have a good one.
Old 08-10-2003, 01:53 PM   #11  

Good morning ladies! Hope all is well.

I was rereading our little conversations here and did a double on Michelle's last comment. Not speaking to husband??!! I sure hope that things are doing better today. I hate to hear of anyone having problems with their other half. So I'm hoping to hear from you saying that everythings alright. (until then, I will worry)

Jazzylady- I hope you haven't forgotten about us already. We'd all like to hear more about you.

Krista(a.a.g.)- I also went to the photo link and it said it was currently empty. I would like to see photos of where you live. Jana painted such a wonderful picture in my head.......

Let's see... I believe it's time for my confession here. I have been so wrapped up in the house and trying to pack in between that I have not been paying attention to my eating habits. I haven't really been eating junkfood, that hasn't been the problem, it's just eating in general that's getting me. I think I need to slow down somewhere and sit and have a meal. Just from past experience, not eating when your busy will eventually catch up to me then all of a sudden I'm just bindging like crazy! And I really don't want to do that!!

My energy level is way down. So my sweetie and I went to the store last night trying to buy lots of fruits and stuff to eat. I have not been in the mood to cook at all. I haven't been in the mood to do anything......what happen to my energy?? What do I do to get back that energy?? Anyone have suggestions?? All summer I would sleep 7-8 hrs. Now I feel like I'm sleeping closer to 10-11hrs. I gotta snap out of it and I'm asking you all for help and suggestions to get me through this.

Ok... I'm going to go force myself to eat some fruit or something for breakfast. (yeah, I know, it's almost 11:00 and I'm just now thinking about breakfast.) I will talk with you all later. Please share your experiences you've had like I'm going through, and tell me what you did to feel better. I've just really started losing the energy to do things this week, but it's not something I want to keep continuing.

Marti
Old 08-10-2003, 03:33 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

I'm baaaack! Church was nice, there were a few baptisms so it lasted a bit longer than normal. Those babies in their cute little outfits were so adorable! I love babies!

WELCOME to the newbies, Jazzylady & Krista, glad to have you ladies aboard!

Marti, thank you for reminding me about the 'fat clothes', I have a bag started and really need to finish it. Right now I am wearing some fat clothes that are a little big and I find that I am having to push my stomach out to keep them up, not good. I need to just get them out. About your energy level you know moving does do that too you? Moving is very stressful and it will zap you of your energy. I don't really have any suggestions but do know what you mean. I am sending you some good vibes and luck to help you out. : : You can do it, I just know you will and remember we are here for you.

Jana, I hope you got some of the green beans you snapped. Don't you just love fresh green beans? They are the best! Sorry to hear of the gain, hopefully the scales are wrong. I wonder if it has something to do with the time of day you weigh? Does anyone know if one time of day is actually better than another? Well, I am sending you some good vibes for your official weigh in and hoping the scales were just being goofy that day. : :

My scales also showed a 1 1/2 pound gain. But in my case I haven't been OP 100% but I would say 4 out of the 7 days I have, which is still not good. I have been walking but like you I haven't been drinking as much water as I should be. I definitely need to get on track with that. Why is it I can get the exercise in, or the water and exercise, or the eating and the water but not all three together?

Thanks Michelle for the info about the photos, I do have a yahoo ID so I will definitely check it out. Sorry to hear of you and hubby, and why isn't he sleeping on the couch?! I do hope things are better or at least he is sleeping on the couch and not you! (((((HUGS))))) to you.

Ruth, I will keep your grandfather, your granddaughter and of course you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hi to everyone else also, hope everyone is having a great Sunday.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 08-11-2003 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-10-2003, 04:43 PM   #13  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

IM BACK!!!!!!
What a time Ive had,,,darn computer! Anyways it was on its last leg,,,so we now have a BIG BIG computer up and running now,,,of course we didn't know anything about it and couldn't get it online till late last night. Im just so happy to be back in here,,,can't tell you how much I missed you all...
Lets see,,,was going to the gym regularly till I got busy with a few cases,,,cases that had me working non stop 12 hrs each day. I slept 10 hours the first night I was home and I was asleep at 10:30 last night woke up after 10 this morning. I think just from sweating so much in my vehicle I probably lost 10 lbs...lol ya that is a gross visual...lol
Anyways a run down of my life...
Skittles was pretty sick and ended up at the vets for a couple of days,,,shes till on antibiotics...they think she may of eaten a rabbit poo or had food poisoning,,,did you know you shouldn't never feed your dog things like pig ears? Or some raw hides? Not that we had,,,just some things our vet told us.
Brandon oldest DS has been working alot,,,and making lots of messes at home...grrrr
youngest DS has been visiting grandma's for the last 2 weeks.
Hubby sold his route and we are right now holding our breathes for the other business plan...but it really doesn't look good,,,*that hes going to get it* but still Ladies if you can,,,,cross your fingers, pray or send out voo doo vibes I will appreciate it.
Hubbies beloved grandma passed away last month,,,I completely feel apart during the uelogy. I adopted her as my grandma and was sad to say good bye.
We had a rough day that day, hubbies wasn't close to his father,,,*and thats putting it mildly* and after the funeral we had a *friend* of the family inform us that hubbies father had passed away 6 weeks before,,,2 weeks after that his mother *hubbies paternal grandmother* passed away. You would think someone would of informed us. Sad really...
Anyways thats pretty much all thats been happening here....
glad to be back
Michelle whats going on with you and DH?
Jana good to know everything is on the mend with you family.
And good to see some new people...*smile
ttfn
Angie
Old 08-10-2003, 05:41 PM   #14  
GmaTo8

Talking

Hello ladies,

Well, today the scales showed a gain, and I was very upset, because I have been op all week, so when I went to write it on the chart I keep.... I noticed the numbers in my head for my current weight and the numbers written from the previous week weren't the same!! I LOST 1 1/4 POUNDS!!!!! I am still doin' the happy dance!

FYI, I added a question to the bios - When is your birthday? So for those of you who have already filled out your bio, please tell me your birthday, okay?

Ruth - who woulda thunk it??? The Featherweights with their own little village? It's really good to hear from you - don't stay gone so long, sweetie. Glad Brittany is better and hope your grandfather is doing ok.

Cristi - You are doing well with the exercise. No, I didn't keep any of the beans, but have my own patch of them.

Marti - well, sweetie, I gotta agree with Cristi that moving will zap your energy. So will summer temps. This may be a stupid question, but does it get very hot where you live? Also, when I need energy, WATER is the first thing I turn to. Protein is the 2nd. Grab a serving of cottage cheese or some peanut butter or some chicken - any kind of protein.

Angie - we missed you too!! No, I didn't know about the rawhide and pigs ears for dogs! Why do they sell it, if it's bad for them?? So sorry about the deaths in your DH's family. Someone should have notified you guys! That was cruel!

I am woried that something happened to Kayecee. I know people come and go on a board like this, but she was posting at least twice a day, and was very, very enthusiastic. It just doesn't sit well with me that she never came back after her shopping trip. If anyone sees her around, please let me know, okay?

Hi to Kat, Michelle, Carree, and the newbies, too.

We went to Evansville today and I couldn't find a story book about Mickey Mouse anywhere! You'd think the Disney Store would have had them, but no luck. I even tried at Barnes and Nobles. They had big books with lots of stories, but no just Mickey. Next time I will try KidsRUs.

Hope everyone is having a gread day.
Jana
Old 08-11-2003, 03:28 AM   #15  
The Rockinghorse Gal

S/C/G: 238/230/130

Height: 5'2"

My birthday is the same as Michaelangelo's...March 6th.
Closed Thread