Old 03-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #1  

Cool A little frustrated!

Hi all. I have never posted before but I am a huge fan of this site! I started IP January 12. I am getting married in July, I am 26 years old and my starting weight was 134, if it was the morning I probably would have been like 122. Every week, I have lost an average of 1 lb and in the first week, I lost inches but not many after. I'm now on week 8 and I get weighed in in the mornings now before breakfast. This morning, I was 122.8 lbs. A little over 10 lbs in 2 months, I guess I was hoping to lose more :/. I've never been so strict to a diet, never have cheated, take my vitamins required religiously and drink at least 64 oz of water a day. I also don't eat any restricted foods, I just don't feel the need to because everything else is just as good to me! Oh and another huge point, I've been on and off (mainly on) my period this entire time. I have read that this diet can cause that if you are on birth control. i am just feeling very discouraged and this diet is too expensive not to be 100% happy with. Any advice ??
Allya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:28 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192/145/145

Height: 5'4

How tall are you? 10 pounds and at your weight seems fantastic to me! How much more do you want to lose?
shasta10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #3  

I am 5'2. I am happy with the weight loss. I guess I am getting caught up in what they say you
can lose on this diet (3-5).
Allya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:03 PM   #4  

The closer you are to your goal the harder it is to lose. Just stick with it and you will continue to see results. Even if it's just inches (but be careful, I was on Atkins before my wedding which was also a great diet for me and I freaked out the seamstresses and ultimately my dress didn't fit super well because I continued to drop weight right before my wedding! I know a good problem too have just not when you've spent 100s of dollars on a dress)
Old 03-10-2015, 02:45 PM   #5  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Just some suggestions that I've read before on this board
1. Try adding in the restricted items, even just every second day for a week.
2. Switch to P2 for a week.
Maybe your body is in "starvation mode" and is holding on to everything you have left?
3. Switch up your meals or the packs or veggies you're eating just to give your body some variety

I've read that the above ideas can sometimes "trick" your body into dropping weight again.

I started at 142, lost about 14 lbs in just over six weeks (the first 10 I dropped within the first month), then went on vacation for two weeks. While on vacation I switched to P3 and worked out every morning. I managed to maintain my weight, and when I returned from vacation I flipped back to P1. Once back on P1 I lost almost 5 lbs in just under two weeks.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
Just some suggestions that I've read before on this board
1. Try adding in the restricted items, even just every second day for a week.
2. Switch to P2 for a week.
Maybe your body is in "starvation mode" and is holding on to everything you have left?
3. Switch up your meals or the packs or veggies you're eating just to give your body some variety

I've read that the above ideas can sometimes "trick" your body into dropping weight again.

I started at 142, lost about 14 lbs in just over six weeks (the first 10 I dropped within the first month), then went on vacation for two weeks. While on vacation I switched to P3 and worked out every morning. I managed to maintain my weight, and when I returned from vacation I flipped back to P1. Once back on P1 I lost almost 5 lbs in just under two weeks.
I have also heard that some people that only ate chicken added in beef and that helped.