Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-07-2015, 08:40 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/235/160

Height: 5'10

Default Hello, I'm Crystal

Hello,

I am pretty much desperate for help. I used to be 160lbs, and then I had to get out of the military because my son died in a rollover car accident, and I was the one driving, so I'm extremely depressed, I am single, don't have any friends here....and it has been almost 2 years since the accident and I am now 235lbs at 5'10. I am 25 years old

My problem is sweets. Greasy food doesn't appeal to me, and I work out 4 times a week, doing 5 miles at a time. but I binge on sweets. I cant say no to them.

I would like to get back to 160 and hopefully be inspired by you all.

I enjoy doing Leslie Sansone videos 5 mega miles and walking my dog, but I eat so much sweets or binge on certain foods and no weight is ever lost.

Being in the military just a year ago, you'd think I would be able to keep control. but I have lost it.

Last edited by GrievingMommy; 03-07-2015 at 08:58 AM.
GrievingMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 235/235/160

Height: 5'10

Also, I need to know the truth here.

Do diet sodas prevent or slow down weight loss, even if I drink a lot of water?
I drink ALOT of diet coke.
GrievingMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #3  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

Welcome, and I am so sorry for your loss. And you haven't lost control... right now you are taking control back! And, you already have half the battle fought, you're active and exercising! For me, that's the hard part to keep at.

I don't know about the Diet cola... I'm sure it's better than regular Cola weight wise, but to see a change, making a change is in my opinion the best thing to do. Why not try cutting back on the diet coke, just to see if you notice a difference?

I'd suggest taking control back a step at a time... sweets are hard for me too. You could start by only having sweets every other day, or cutting down to half or something, and then just slowly removing the temptations from your home.
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 04:14 PM   #4  
I Can & I Will!

S/C/G: 400 S / Ticker C / 160 G

Height: 5'7

Welcome to the forum, Crystal. I am so very sorry for your loss. I agree with SAS. By exercising and even by posting here you are taking back control. Is it possible for you to move somewhere where you have family and close friends? Having people around you who love you might be important to help combat depression and maybe help you feel more in control of your life. ♥

Unfortunately, sweets are my downfall too. I realized this time around I would do much better at sticking to it if I didn't cut out 'bad' foods, but rather work them into my eating plans and slowly cut out the overeating of them. Just stopping eating sweets cold turkey causes me to have somewhat of a binge at some point down the road.

The aspartame in Diet Coke has bad side effects for heavy drinkers. Unfortunately aspartame is in almost all diet drinks. But I honestly don't know if it affects weight loss.

I also do Leslie Sansone dvd's and enjoy taking walks with my dog. When it's warmer.

I don't think you've lost control, Crystal. Maybe just lost your way a bit. You're clearly finding your way back to fully gaining control again.
Jesslan Rose is offline   Reply With Quote