South Beach Diet - Give me a little hug...Beach DAILY 8/7

LADY WINDSONG
08-07-2003, 06:21 AM
These {{hugs's}} for ALL of you!

I hope you are feeling the warmth from my hug. It is a good feeling to have arms around you. You don't have to utter a word. A smile comes across your face and the 2 people involved know that they are loved and cared for.

A hug is such a simple thing to do. All you need are 2 arms, a good intention and someone to receive your hug. It can be a significant other, a spouse, a friend, a child, relative or even someone at the office, church, store....the list can go on.

Just as a smile can brighten up your day, a hug makes you feel tingly all over. It generates a good feeling for the entire day. It costs nothing to give, but you are richer for doing it.

NUTS!!
I need to join a nuts support group! :) I was doing wonderfully counting out my 30 for 2 1/2 weeks...then WHAM! I lost count....no ill side effects...AND I enjoyed every last one of them...but,......I am powerless over them at times. I am just happy that they weren't chips, ice cream OR chocolate. I can live with this and I will keep eating them (well, I have to buy MORE!) because nuts ARE good for you and it will help me learn CONTROL!

I wish for you a day filled with a hug or two.

As always,

Marcie...... You deserved to know my REAL name and yesterday my door opened all the way to let you into my life. I don't say good bye to Lady, but Marcie is here to stay.

:flame:

Tippy
08-07-2003, 06:29 AM
BTW, today is Leens, the moderator of the Depression and Weight Loss forum, birthday. If you have a minute say Happy Birthday to her!

LuvKitties55
08-07-2003, 07:13 AM
Good morning to eveyone!

Don't forget that hugging your kitty can put a smile on your face as well. :)

Day 4 for me. I am kind of getting a little bored with meat, cheese, and eggs. But, I stepped on my scale this morning (a big NO-NO this soon) and I am already down 6 lbs since Monday. I know I will not keep this pace and I know most of it is water weight, but it was a great motivation to keep eating meat, cheese, and eggs!

I have a super busy day, so I checked in early.

Have a surfin' Beach Day!!!

Nikki

twodogmom
08-07-2003, 07:18 AM
Good Morning all!

Many {{hugs}} back to you Marcie, for all that you give us each day with your inspirational posts! Nuts are hard for me too, I can't control myself and stay within the 30 nut limit for pistachios. So for now, I'm staying away from them, but soon I'm going to try them again.

Luv, glad it's going well for you so far, but don't forget your veggies. They are important, and you need to eat them in addition to the meat, eggs, and cheese.

WOW, I can't believe all of the posts on yesterday's daily thread! I didn't have a chance to visit the board yesterday, and I sure have a lot of reading to do to try to catch up. It's great to see so many new names, lots of new people trying this wonderful new WOL! :D

My sister went home yesterday....two days after her hysterectomy (which was done via abdominal surgery)! Her doctor and nurses were amazed by her quick recovery. Her doctor initially wanted to keep her until Friday, but my sister was determined to go home yesterday, because her daughter (my niece) is pregnant and was being induced yesterday and my sis wanted to be there when the baby is born. My niece was induced yesterday, but as of last night still no baby....hopefully I'll hear something this morning.

I've been really good about sticking to my goal of drinking my water this week, and I actually think I'm becoming addicted to the water! I find myself starting to crave it. I guess if I have to exchange one addiction (carbs!) for another, water is a good thing to become addicted to! ;)

Have a great day at the beach ladies. I have to get to work, and hopefully will have time to catch up with all of yesterday's posts later.

Sandy:)

Oops, forgot to say Happy Birthday to Leens!!! Have a wonderful day!!:gift:

sflake
08-07-2003, 07:31 AM
Good Morning!

Right back at ya Lady, ((((HUG<HUG))))

So glad to hear about your sister 2Dog.

Luv ~ I HUG my pets everyday and it puts a smile on all our faces!

Nuts are a big trigger food for me also, it's better if I don't even have them in my house. We just got approved on the refinance of our house. We will have a little cash left over, but the nicest part is we will save $400.00 per month. I don't know anyone who couldn't use an extra 400 per month. I am so happy!! It should go through in about 30 days.

Have a beachy day and hug someone, it will make you both happy!

ellis
08-07-2003, 07:44 AM
Hugs back, Marcie. :grouphug:
I hear ya re: the nuts. I ate a bag of about 100 the other day. :rolleyes: I have a callus on my right forefinger from opening them.

Nikki, congratulations on the 6 pounds!! :dance:

Twodog, how wonderful that your sister is doing so well! I hope that her daughter has an easy time. ;)

Sflake, that is GREAT news! What are you going to buy? :D

Coton, it IS pretty overwhelming, isn't it! Your clothes are falling off you!? :cb:

Hello to everyone else. :wave: I'm thinking of going back to bed.
I've been up since 4:30 this morning. :rolleyes: Started worrying about my Dad, and decided I may as well get up and distract myself on the computer. :)

Ruthxxx
08-07-2003, 08:02 AM
I hug my darling dogs every morning and it certainly helps but it's nice to get a cyber hug too. I especially need at least one after having a really crappy day yesterday. The food wasn't so bad but Life and I were on different wavelengths. I'll rant in my Journal, not here.

Today is going to be a busy day so I won't be around much. I am amazed at the number of posts on yesterday's daily! That has to be a record for a daily on this Forum! Of course, Ellis and Whimsey did go on and on! :lol:

Off to do my journal, check out posts and then start this day. (By the way, for those of you waiting for freedom to post whatever you want, I'll be checking in from Linda's PC and from my daughter's when I'm on the West Coast so be careful!:lol:)

Hugs to all.

didi123
08-07-2003, 08:29 AM
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
To all of you!!!
thanks for the wonderful posts Lady....

Glad to see you all on the beach today.
As I've posted yesterday...all is not well for me :mad:
I'm needing a good kick in the butt....I've been taken in by the carb/sugar :devil: :devil: ...AUGH!!!!
I'm so bloated today, and I know I've gained....I need to get control again.

The one good thing...I took the puppy out for a 2 mile walk last night...I had to do something:^:

It's been wonderful to see all the new posts here:) Although now it's hard to mention everyone individually....:(

Keep up the great work... and somebody please beat the :devil: away from me...:rollpin:

Di

gofishin50
08-07-2003, 08:35 AM
:wave::grouphug: Grouphug to all u Beachin Babes! LADY MARCIE~Special name for a special lady,thanks! I bought some pistachios lst wk,ate 1 & tasted so good decided "NOWAY",:nono: I cld see that fast train taking me straight to disaster:fr:,,WW has a post cld JSNTN(just say no to nuts),I decided that wasnt such a bad idea ELLIS~Prayers out for ur DAD,"Were 2 come in prayer,God wl b there",stay positive:sunny: Cant stay around any longer,but wl b bk to post again later,,time to hit the pavement,109 yesterday...........WILL CATCH ALL U BABES I DIDNT MENTION ON MY NEXT POST...HAPPY BEACHIN.........GOFISHIN:dancer:

LADY WINDSONG
08-07-2003, 08:35 AM
I did my foot exercise, put on my best pointed shoe, geared up for a run at your BUTT! and STOPPED....

Decided to give you a {{HUG}} instead.

Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and pat yourself on the back for being honest and knowing that you made a mistake. It is only one so remember it, for posterity, but forget it now and move on.

Have a nice day,
Marcie :flame:

frannymae
08-07-2003, 08:37 AM
Marcie....thanks SO much for the cyber hug! After a couple of rough days there is nothing like a nice hug to remind you of all the good things in life.

I couldn't believe the number of posts yesterday, either! There was no way I could respond to everyone!

Nikki-try not to get bored or you'll have a harder time sticking to it (I speak from experience!:o ) I have had to reinvent breakfast so I could stand it! New recipes, new spices, new ingredients...new YOU! Congrats on getting off to a roaring start!

twodog-so glad to hear your sister is on the mend! And big congrats to you for keeping your weekly goal of drinking more water. That is my goal this week as well, and so far, so good.

sflake-congrats on your refi and the extra money it will put in your pocket! I, too, am a nutaholic. I don't even let my DH bring them in the house! It kind of helps that I'm not supposed to eat them because of my braces! Now if only my orthodontist would restrict chocolate, bread, pastries...;)

Ellis-Yikes...go back to bed and get some sleep! I know that is where I am headed as soon as I finish this post!

Ruth-I can empathize with being at odds with life..I've had a couple of days like that, too! Hang in there!

Work is fixing to kill me this week. We ordinarily have between 5-10 warrants to enter into 2 separate computer systems every night...on top of our regular work (answer both emergency & nonemergency lines, dispatch the officers, run queries on licenses and registrations, etc.) Last night the court sent down 38 warrants! That is more than we usually get in a week. It will take me the rest of the week to catch up...and then only if they don't send down any more. Okay, I'm done complaining. I'm gainfully employed in a growth industry (crime) so I should count my blessings! :smug:

Take care all, and have a wonderful, hug-filled, day!

Ruthxxx
08-07-2003, 08:46 AM
What a scary thought! Crime is a growth industry! :yikes:

2BFIT1
08-07-2003, 08:46 AM
Good morning and a big hug :grouphug: to everybody.
(a special {{{HUG}}} to Marcie~thanks for the daily inspirational)

My scale has been saying 128 since Monday afternoon, so I'm taking possession of it right now before TOM takes it away:lol: I haven't seen that number on my scale since last year:smug:

Ellis~~You and your Dad are in my prayers. I know how stressed and worried I was a few months ago when my Mom was having part of her lung removed. You don't realize how it can be until it shows up with insomnia. I developd a twitch in my eyelid that stayed for months. All you can do is pray and be there for them. Keep me updated , OK?

Tippy~~~HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GAL:hb:

2Dog~~~I'm so glad that your sis made it home and is healing well. Let us know when the baby arrives:bb:

Ruth~~I hope you have a better day today:yes:

Sflake~~Congrats on the refinance. I just went through that, too.
Ellis and I think alike~the first thing I think of when I hear "extra money" is "what can I buy?" :lol:

Nikki~~~Way to go on losing 6 pounds :bravo:

Didi~~Listen to marcie!!!!!!

All to come~~~have a great day and don't forget to hug somebody:goodvibes

dentrassi
08-07-2003, 10:14 AM
GOOD MORNING!!!
Been trying to get here for the last hour, and my computer wouldn't let me!!
DS13 and I are off to my parents' house, and I'm running late (again!), but wanted to check in before I left.

Ruthxxx
08-07-2003, 10:23 AM
Den, it's not the computer. The 3FC server was down.

Laked
08-07-2003, 10:34 AM
Good Morning All You Beaches! With all the hugs going around it's got to be a good day! I just want you all to know that I'm around most of the time but have had so much trouble posting and even loading the threads that I'm not going to even try the daily's any more. The frustration is too much--nothing worse than a woman who can't speak!!:lol: I just wish so much for all of you--those struggling, the newbies and- the big losers. I've been on the program since May12th shedding over 32 lbs. DH and I are "scaling it" every two weeks so hopefully it's more-will know tomorrow! On the occasions I can get on I'll chime in and help with any questions or suggestions.
I'm WEBTV and I think that may be my problem. I'll be lurking though! Keep up the good work! Have a great week!

ellis
08-07-2003, 11:02 AM
Yeah, well, Ruth... some of us have IMPORTANT things to say! Many important things. :D Damn. No swearing while Ruth is away!
Ruth, I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday... today will be better. And tomorrow will be fabulous, because you're going to see ME! :lol: Listen, forget the peony and the pesto until the next time... you have enough to do...

Franny, you hang in there, sweetie. Love, prayers and hugs... :grouphug:

Gofishin' and Sil, thank you for the prayers for Dad and I. That means a lot... I must say, I feel much better now that it's daylight. I wonder why the night can bring on worry...
Sil, I know it's not funny, but I had to giggle when you mentioned the twitch... it was so familiar to me. I had one last year when our daughter tried to commit suicide. It was SO irritating. A constant reminder that "something is not quite right in your life"! I felt like Inspector Dreyfuss in "The Pink Panther". :D
Is your Mom doing okay now? :grouphug:

Love and hugs to all...
back later, RUTH!! :lol:

jackieO
08-07-2003, 11:11 AM
Good Morning to all. Not much new to report..I am on Day 11 of Phase 1 with no cheats so far, (well I did get carried away with nuts one day)..I was cracking up laughing at the callus that formed from opening the bag of nuts (I can relate)
Thanks for the hug Marcie- and back at ya'
Ellis- I am praying for your father
Frannymae- Hang in there with work.It sounds like business is booming (unfortunately!)
Nikki- Congrats on the weight loss
DiDi- Take control of the carb/sugar demons girl. Call an exorcist!!!
to everyone else....have a great Thursday!!!!

ellis
08-07-2003, 11:19 AM
Jackie, DH just told me that he has a cut under his thumb from opening them. :lol:
Thanks for the prayers, sweetie. :)
Keep it up... you're doing GREAT!!

sflake
08-07-2003, 11:57 AM
After careful consideration we have decided to put the money in the bank.....NOT.

Actually we are gonna pay off a few bills, have our front steps redone ( they are actually crumbling), and the rest is for a vacation next year to Aruba.

Next year will be our 15th anniversary. Last vacation was 10 years ago to Flordia with the entire family. I would not advise a group vacation again!

I should be at, or close to goal by then so we are going to get away, just the 2 of us. Now for the extra money each month, don't know but I'm sure I will find a way to SPEND IT!

(((((((HUGS)))))))) to you all!

gofishin50
08-07-2003, 12:18 PM
:wave:Hey Beach Beauties,,Really got my jog thing on 2day,35mins/wlk 10mins:D ,working bk up(slowly) 2my 1hr I used to run 5yrs ago..Set a 15yr new heat record ystrday,109,W/all my "P"ing & keeping the flowers alive,I wl probably need help w/my water bill nxt month:fr: TIPPY~Happy Birthday,wishing u many more :gift: 2BFIT1~U r at my goal weight,5 more lbs 2go for me,Congrats :cp: DIDI123~Wonder if 3fc's can get us a "kick in the butt" animator to use, :s: Dont we all seem to need those some days,lol 2day! LUVKITTIES55~U go girl:cb: 6lb loss! Im a daily weigher,dont want nothing sneaking up on my ars:eek: TWODOGMOM~Glad ur sis histy w/well,congrat to her when her grandbaby is born :balloons: SFLAKE~Congrats on loan,,Cld use some help on my water bill ;) RUTHXXX~Have a great big cyber hug :grouphug:,wishing u a fantastic day!! FRANNYMAE~Braces? By the looks of ur pic:rolleyes:,u must b kidding LAKED~32LBS :bravo:We need u on line more often,get that puter bk on track! ELLIS~How much for the rent? If it doesnt cool down soon in Texas,I may need a place to stay(need a roomy) :lol:..............STAY COOL AND HAVE A BEACHIN DAY............................GOFISHIN :dancer:

Dreamweaver115
08-07-2003, 12:25 PM
Hi ya Beach Babes! This is my 4th day on the Beach and things are really starting to happen.

I was a little sick and had a headache the first 3 days. Spent a LOT of time on the potty. Last night it seemed like my body was kicking out all the bad stuff. Because today I feel TERRIFIC! No headache, and my muscles feel so strong. Like they are healing or something. Hard to explain. And the weight is coming off very fast.

locarbs4me
08-07-2003, 12:58 PM
And the best thing about a hug is: One size fits all!

Luv My Coton
08-07-2003, 01:30 PM
Hugs to you, Lady Marcie. :grouphug: And everyone else

About the nuts, I was shelling DH's pistachios because he's on the phone at work during his evening snack time. Thank God I found shelled nuts at Walmart!!

Leens...Happy Birthday to you!!:gift: :

Nikki...I have to :grouphug:my Coton puppy, Antonio at least 50x a day. He's my love, right next to my DH.:D. 6#'s:high:

2dog,Sandy...Wow, congrats to your sis. That's fast! She's going to recover real fast!! Also, let us know about the:bb: :high:

Ellis...I hope you can sleep tonight :goodvibes I'm not sure if I can get through this thread as it is. It takes me forever, but it means alot to me to personalize my message.

Ruth...sorry to hear about your day yesterday, with all these hugs maybe today will be better!:grouphug: :grouphug:

Di...Hang in there!! You keep coming back here and that is obvious you are going to beat those demons of yours:devil:

JackiO...11th day:balloons:

gofishin...Happy Beachin to you too :grouphug:

sflake...My 15th anniversary is this Nov. we just moved to Florida last Oct. Hopefully we can spend a wkend on the beach! I'm not embarressed anymore in my bsuit anymore :cb:

2bfit...128:bravo: What a nice # to be stuck on, I know it is equally difficult for us all. I was just admirring that #. Hang in there. My inches are shrinking not the #'s. Which is fab!!!!

frannymae...sorry to hear you're so busy at work. Hope you get all your sleep in.

laked... :smoking: 32#'s. Way to hang in there, we can all learn from your persuverance(spelling)

dreamweaver...Isn't it wonderful?!!! Great job!! Keep up the good work!!:bravo: And about your pee, you can tell if your sugar level is right when your pee is light yellow. If this is too much information(TMI) than please forgive me!:lol:

To everyone else I missed a great big:grouphug: :grouphug:

Whimsey
08-07-2003, 06:42 PM
Hi guys...sorry I haven't been on today....I had to go to Walmart (it is 30 miles away) and do shopping!!! It took me longer than I thought....also my cardiologist called today....my lipids were up and that is not good...he wants me to watch my diet more carefully....:doh: He knows I can't and won't do the American Heart Assoc. diet...but he didn't mind SBD as much...he is just glad I am off Atkins...he thinks that is why my colesterol is up....I think he may be right....anyway, we will find out...this new info is probably a good thing. Maybe it will keep me more honest and I will stop sabotoging myself!!! ya think??? I have to go back and have my blood re-tested in 6 weeks. Now if I can't be OP for 6 weeks...then I need a shrink BIG TIME!!! OK, ok, I know what you guys are saying!!!!:nono:

Nikkiloo
08-07-2003, 08:23 PM
Hi Beach Babes!!!

Wish I could post earlier but I still can't figure out how to post from my work computer without creating a whole new name/password kind of thing ... I'm semi computer illiterate when it comes to anything but work ...

Hugs to you Lady Marcie and I hear you on the stupid nuts .... I'm even throwing almonds into every thing I stir fry ... pretty soon I'll be gaining;

Laked ... what a success 32 lbs ... that's wonderful ... great inspiration for those of who get discouraged!!!!

Dreamweaver ... glad you're feeling so much better ... that's how I first knew it was working ... hadn't weighed my self but had so much more energy ... wish I had taken my measurements before I started because I feel like I've lost more than 10 pounds this past 3 weeks!!!

Twodog ... so glad your sister is doing well and best of luck to you with the new niece (when she decides to arrive!!!)

2B ... 128 !!! I would love to see 128 ... congratulations !!!

Frannymae ... good thing you;re not in Rhode Island ... you'd never get to go home!!!

Hope everyone had a great day!!!

Kathy

twodogmom
08-07-2003, 09:17 PM
It's a boy!! My niece (sister's DD) had a baby boy this morning at 2:00 a.m. :bb: It's her first baby, and it sounds like she had a pretty rough time. Glad it's over, and mom and son are doing great. My sister was at the hospital the whole time and is now exhausted....it's only been 3 days since her surgery and I'm afraid she's overdoing it a bit...but my Mom is staying with her for a few days, so hopefully Mom will keep sis in line!

sflake - Aruba sounds like a well-deserved vacation!! Good for you!

Ellis - your Dad and your family are in my prayers also.

Ruth - sorry you had a crappy day yesterday. :( Hang in there girl.

didi - here you go, a swift kick especially for you! :lol: We're in this together, so just lean on us and we'll help you through the tough times.

gofishin - I love your new avatar!! Now I know what you really look like! :D 109 degrees!!! I'd be melted for sure.

franny - scary thought, crime being a growth industry! :( Remember to take time for yourself and don't let work overwhelm you.

Sil - 128!! Congratulations, what a wonderful number! :cp: Some day I hope to see that number also.

Den - I hope you had a nice time at your parent's house today.

laked - Good to see you again! You must be so proud of yourself....32 pounds!!!! I'm impressed! :bravo:

jackieO - I'm glad you're doing so well. Keep up the good work!

dreamweaver - I'm glad you got past the first couple of bad days and are feeling better. It will just keep getting better and better! :)

Coton - I long for the day when I won't feel embarrassed in a bathing suit! Good for you!!

Whimsey - I tried Atkins too, was on it for almost 2 months. My cholesterol went up also, both my total chole and my LDL "bad" cholesterol. My doctor also told me to stop the Atkins diet. I don't know if it affects everyone that way, but it sure did me (and you from the way it sounds). SBD is a much healthier WOL in my humble opinion. :)

Nikki - it seems that nuts are a trigger for a lot of us. I know that I can't control myself with them, at least not yet.....

frannymae
08-07-2003, 09:53 PM
Twodog-awww, babies are such gifts! Congrats to your entire family! And as for crime being a growth industry, I was half joking. Although summertime feels like that with all the kids running around doing stuff they aren't supposed to!

Kathy-no, I'm not in RI...Ohio! It isn't like the crime you probably imagine....mostly traffic, vandalism, theft..that kind of stuff.

Luv My Coton-don't worry, I am a pro at getting my sleep! I have actually been working at getting LESS sleep so I can get my exercise in and still have a family life! So far, so good!

Whimsey-ok, we're watching you! :s: Six weeks will fly by, especially with the added incentive of lowering your lipids (whatever those are!)

Dreamweaver-glad to hear your headaches went away and you are feeling so good! Isn't life on the beach wonderful!?

GoFishin'-you jog in 109 degree heat? OMG...You are CRAZY! But then, we knew that! :lol: It was either braces or continue to wear the enamel off the backs of my top front teeth (overbite)...so I "bit" the bullet!

JackieO-it sounds like you are going GREAT...keep up the good work!

sflake-Aruba, Jamaica...girl I want to take ya....;) We have a cruise booked for our 10th anniversary in November, but we are taking DS7...but it will still be fun. We went to Aruba on our first cruise...Beautiful place!

Ellis-thanks again for the good thoughts. I am hanging in there...coping pretty well, actually! I did finally get an e-mail with my kids new address...that helped a lot.

I'm sure I missed some of you wonderful people, so I apologize. I have to get going or I will be late for work!

Take care and continue to enjoy life on the beach!