South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 06:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Friday 3/6 feels like February Beach Chat

Coffee is ready on this chilly morning.....come join me
Old 03-06-2015, 06:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Yesterday we got another 6 plus inches of you know what. I did get two rides in but my eating was poorish lol. Was down a half of a pound so that was a nice surprise. Going to take DS to work then off to Joe's. But first I need to get a quick morning work out in. I'll stop by later. Have a great day.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:11 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Be careful out there today, Jennifer. We have between 10-12" of snow here, and everything is closed down because of the ice under the snow on the roads. The sun is shining brightly in a clear blue sky this morning, so that should help get the roads in better shape. I have to go over to Dad's later to sort his meds for the week, and I don't think I'll have any problems driving. I could even walk there if I had to.

Being stuck in the house all day made me antsy to bake something, but I held firm and didn't give in, although I sure wanted to! There's something about snowy days and comfort food, you know? I always baked goodies on snow days when the kids were growing up, so I think it's habit. I went to bed, though, feeling good about myself.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:17 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Jennifer, and thanks for the coffee. I am ignoring the weather until it improves.

Feeling a tad "fuzzy" this morning since Joanne and Liz and I sipped our way through white wine and cheese and crackers last night. Funny how a late afternoon doggie playdate can turn into a girls' night quickly. I did get my window frame painting done before they showed up but the drapes are still not up. Climbing the ladder didn't seem like a great idea after sipping our way through wine. (I think I may be getting sensible in my old age!)

Not sure what today will bring but realized I am going to need to buy summer tires when the snows get taken off. I usually do that for St Patrick's day but it looks like it will still be winter then. Today I'll go into town to track down my hairdresser and will check out tires then. Life was so much simpler when I had a man to do the car stuff!

Millie just hoped onto my lap and licked the keyboard. I spilled soup on it the other day and guess I didn't clean it off as well as I should have! I never eat at my desk but I was so cold when the power was off that I heated soup as soon as it came back on and broke my rule. Duh!

TGIF, Beachers! It's the weekend soon!
Old 03-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Hi, Linda. Good work on ignoring your baking urge! Stay safe on the roads and tell your Dad hello from the frozen North.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:29 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You're so good Jennifer, getting your workout in already! Enjoy your time at Joes - hopefully it's down time. Is he enjoying his electric socks?! I have 2 pairs of regular socks on right now .

TGIF!! It's going to be an interesting couple of days. Work is going to be a challenge today - I did absolutely nothing yesterday so I would (hopefully) have the strength to make it with flying colors today. And then my DD has been randomly sobbing at the smallest things. UH-OH girls, you know what that might mean!! We had a scheduled girls' day out tomorrow, so it looks like we'll be finishing "the talk".

My computer turned off half way through that post, I'm sure others have stopped in since I started this...
Old 03-06-2015, 08:22 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Debbie - A much belated happy birthday!

Natasha - Thanks for sharing the pic.

Jennifer and Linda - We got a tiny bit here earlier in the week but now the warm temps are coming so hopefully they will be heading your way soon.

Ruth - I am so thankful that DH does my car stuff!

Tammy - I don't envy you the girl talk. I always made DH do the boy talk and crossed fingers he did a good job.

Off to the gym this morning. Dinner out with friends tonight. Too many meals out recently and the trend continues. It is much easier to stay on track eating at home! Not much else is happening here. Nice weather is on the way and I see hiking in my future. I'm going to try to get back on my bike after a 2 year injury-related hiatus.

Have a great day.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:37 AM   #8  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It was a day off now data day but really I'm doing the data over the weekend. Nothing new on the work front so I'm just trudging along for now.

The snow missed us this time and the 10 day looks amazing. It will be nice to be above freezing and see the sun! Garden planting and some early seed starting are high priority weekend tasks

If you get the baking urge I made this bread last night. Tim loved it and had 4 slices when he got home from work It's banana sweetened and grain free so SBD friendly. I think it would be a good breakfast on busy mornings.

Okay, we have two vet appointments today so time to get that in motion. We can't really take the dog and a cat at the same time. No one would be happy about that. Good thing the vet is just a few miles down the road.

Happy Friday!

Last edited by CyndiM; 03-06-2015 at 09:37 AM.
Old 03-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

In the early morning here but Kirk and I headed over to the drivers license bureau at 7:30 so we could get out in an hour. That was nice of our drivers license had been renewed and we're good for five more years.

It's pretty cold but nice and sunny so my sister went skiing, my mother is going to stay home and Kirk and I are headed to the pool.

After that I'm going to try to do some more reorganizing so that my sister could be more comfortable here. Right now she feels like a third wheel.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:12 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Been busy this morning and haven't had a chance to stop in and say Hi. I am wfh today so busy finishing up projects. We are supposed to get up to 40 today so excited. The sun is shining so my mood is much better

Jekel that is great that you are starting to get your workouts in.

Cottage drive safely if you go out instead of walking

Ruth sounds like you had a nice evening with friends

Tywnn maybe that is why DD2 is so emotional lately too. I have been trying to prepare her as she is 11 1/2 years old not sure when it will be.

Karen enjoy your day

Cyndi that bread sounds so good, I printed the recipe. I just need to get blueberries and I can try it out.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 03-06-2015, 12:49 PM   #11  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon

Jennifer. Have a good time at Joe's

Linda. Saw some of your weather on thenews. Be careful driving

Ruth. Everything goes better with wine

Tammy and Pearlrose. Wow girls do start earlier these days. You'll need lots of patience.

Cyndi. Still so much to do here before the nice weather settles in.

Debbie sounds like your relaxing a bit

Myneighbour couldn't fix our dishwasher. Was going to call kitchenaid today for help. After he left dh went to find bill and big surprise, we bought a warranty and it expires in May. These two old f★★ts were doing a happy dance. How could we forget
take care
Sophie
Old 03-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

The tires will be ordered by Dave my garage guru so I just shopped for shoes - could not get my size in the shoes I need! Grrr! Will have to order from the catalogue. However, did get some neat mail - my Wobble Wag Giggle Ball (as seen on TV) has arrived. Millie loves it but Jazz is being an old fart and ignoring it. I think the noise is bugging him.

Just realized I meant to buy some flowers in town but forgot. Never mind - it was a nice drive on bare roads and I did track down my hairdresser. He was out but I now have his phone number. Whew!
Old 03-06-2015, 05:46 PM   #13  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey, chicks!! I've had a couple of very busy days, between work, working out and such. I'm looking forward to my weekend.

We had freezing rain Wednesday morning but it's been clear since then, just cold. -11 this morning. I'm ready for spring!!!

I'll see you later. I'm going to have a glass of red wine...
Old 03-06-2015, 11:19 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies.

Jennifer, you can keep that snow to yourself! No more! Actually, I want enough to break the record (2 more inches) and then no more. I'm so done w/ this Winter. Seriously.

Got a text yesterday that my dad has been admitted to the hospital. COPD is acting up again. Hospital released him at 1 am and he had to go back in by ambulance at 3 am. I talked to him, but he was having to stop to catch his breath and I didn't want to tire him out, so I let him go.

Hope everybody had a good Friday! Back to work for me tomorrow!
Closed Thread