South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 07:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default March Into Monday SBD Chat, 3/2

Okay, who woke the lion? We have a solid 2" of hard ice on top of the snow, and it's just a huge mess outside. Schools are closed and I'm going to see what it looks like later before I decide whether or not to try to make it over to the farm. The good news is that we didn't lose power! Winter still isn't finished with us, though. Another storm is predicted for tomorrow with more snow and ice, and yet another is waiting in the wings for Thursday.

I have hot coffee and banana nut baked oatmeal to share if anyone would like to join me.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Your breakfast sounds way better than mine, Linda...may I have a bowl?

Our kids are on a 2 hour delay...again. Tomorrow isn't looking much better either, we're supposed to get ice as well. Good thing chili is on the menu for the week!

Off to work I go....
Old 03-02-2015, 07:44 AM   #3  

Passing a bowl of hot oatmeal to you, Tammy! What were you going to have? I made a big pot of veggie soup yesterday to help me through the week.

Less than 20 days til Spring!
Old 03-02-2015, 07:54 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Wow! PA is starting to sound like our frozen North. I hope you all don't lose power. Up here several places have no water from frozen pipes and wells. We have snow in the forecast but the temperature is pretty moderate for a change. We will actually get 34ºF on Wednesday.

I was up at 6:30 this morning (I am finally sleeping better) and painted one windowsill before coffee!!! I am so delighted with having the LR back in order. Joanne comes over late afternoon and will hang the drapes for me. No way I can climb a ladder lugging heavy drapes but she can just raise her arms and hang them! Later this week I'll shop for area rugs and some paint for the diningroom which will be changed from peach to aqua! (Group decision!)

I'm off to Quilting this morning and there will be way too much chit-chat going on. The weather made us cancel the February meeting so there'll be lots to catch up on. I find the meetings tedious as I don't know who these biddies are gossiping about and really don't care! I'm sure they all think I'm anti-social and quiet. Boy are they wrong!

I'll come home for lunch and to see my non-gossiping dogs and then take off again for town to get my annual eye examination. I'll remember my dark glasses so I can drive more safely with enlarged pupils. I wish they had drops to put them back to normal.

I hope the weather moderates soon. Be safe out there Tammy and Linda!
Old 03-02-2015, 08:13 AM   #5  

Good thinking to take those dark glasses with you, Ruthie. I hope you don't have far to drive. I'm glad the painting went so well yesterday and that they got the room finished. I bet it looks amazing, and the diningroom is going to look very nice in aqua. Have fun with the Quilting Biddies and maybe leave your hearing aids at home for the meeting, eh?
Old 03-02-2015, 08:17 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Wow, sounds like we missed this storm. Just a couple of inches of new stuff on the ground. We are hoping it will melt today.

Cottage - Your breakfast sounds very yummy. I might need to set-up the crockpot tonight.

Tammy - Safe travels. I hate ice more than snow. yuck

Ruth - Whole towns are losing water around here. It's been a miserable winter.

Not much new around here. Still counting down work time. Planning my garden. Today I plant onion seeds. It will be nice to see something green!

I guess it's time to focus. See you on the other side of MOnday
Old 03-02-2015, 08:33 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning, chicks.

I started a post early in the weekend but lost it!

We got that storm here Saturday, but only about 4 inches. I am SO over winter! Warm weather is in sight though.

I'm off to they gym this morning. This afternoon I see the derm for a mole check. Have to run by the library to pick up some videos that are in, including Gone Girl, finally.

Have a great day.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:43 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

School was canceled for DD2 so she had some friends spent the night. Today is WFH for me so still working on projects.

In the forecast is ice overnight so not looking forward to that since I need to drive in tomorrow. I will play it by ear for driving.

Cottage your breakfast sounds yummy

Tywnn at least they didn't cancel school for them

Ruth would you post pictures, I would love to see

Cyndi any official word on when it will be?

Karen I am over winter already lol

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 03-02-2015, 08:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

We got 7" messy inches. By the time I got dibe I was beat and went to bed. Roads were good this morning. DS has been really pushing the envelope not coming home on time. Last night it was after 1 am, oh yeah no help from him yesterday. So no wake up call from me for work. Time to let him man up some. Going to have the ex talk with him. Obviously nothing I say matters....well at least the scale was down one pound so I'll celebrate that Back to work
Old 03-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

You're a good mom, Jennifer
Closed Thread