South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 06:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default End and New month Beach Chat 2/28-3/1

Real coffee today Whoo hoo.....anyone care to chat?
Old 02-28-2015, 07:02 AM   #2  

Well yesterday was a bust. He couldn't complete the test.....gee I wonder why...nothing obvious from what he was able to see...lucky me gets to repeat the test in one year....oh and with a different prep...I may need to start the liquid dies one week prior to the exam.....I just wish I could fall asleep like I did yesterday, so fast lol...now to knock off the 4 pound gain ugh

Today I'll drop DS at work, come home ride and later take my bike in for a tune up. Once this weather breaks, I'm taking the bike on the road. Otherwise Today will be spent getting ready for my upcoming work week.

How are things shaping up in your neck of the woods?
Old 02-28-2015, 07:21 AM   #3  

Height: 5'8"

Hi Jennifer. I've been out of the loop, I'm assuming this is a test your son is taking for a job?

I've been having really bad foot pain for the last couple of weeks - plantar fasciitis and ankle tendonitis (sigh). I was trying to power through it, BAD idea. This past week I took it easy and I've been icing, etc. and using Topricin, which is helping. Also doing Pilates exercises. This morning I'm going to try going back to the gym. Good news is I lost a couple of pounds by giving up wine LOL.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll try to be more regular about posting here.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:23 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 5"

Jennifer, I'll take some coffee, please. My barista (DH) is a little slow on the draw this morning. Sorry to hear yesterday was unsuccessful, but at least the doctor is waiting a year for the repeat.

Today DH and I are going to run errands and cherry-pick the end of winter sales. We are both looking for some snowshoes and/or cross country skies. I'm also hoping to score some deals like Tammy did at Macy's a week or two ago!

As we wrap up February we may be turning the corner to spring. It is above zero this morning(!) and the long term forecast has a high of 30* for tomorrow.

Ok, time to look for coffee. Have a great day, chicks!
Old 02-28-2015, 07:24 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, Matilda!
Old 02-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jennifer, so sorry the test was a bust but at least you won't have a repeat for a while. Did they do and IV during the procedure? If so, that's the cause of the weigh gain.

Once again I slept until after seven as did the dogs! I do love wakening up to sunshine - too bad we start darker mornings next weekend when the time changes.

Stocked up on paint and other stuff for the big painting project. Claire will be here at ten to patch nail holes in the walls. Karen and Heather will be here tomorrow and Joanne is going to rehang my pictures and mirrors on Monday. It's great to have friends. Today I need to make a cauldron of soup and get some crusty bread for tomorrow's lunch.

So March marches in tomorrow and there will be hope of spring. It can't get here too soon for me although I know we will get more cruddy weather. The lads are thinking of tapping the maple trees mid-March no matter the weather. That will be a very late start for syrup making. A lot of them count on syrup sales to pay for seed for spring planting.

Time to crank up my day. Getting out of the jammies will be a good start.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:16 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

We braved the cold last night for the monthly AAA potluck and speaker meeting. Got home late slept late and I'm feeling tired. I didn't do my smoothie yesterday.

We didn't do our yearly Costco coffee run since we've gotten our rebate check. 60 pounds of coffee we got a few comments in the parking lot. LOL it seems a much better way to spend that rebate check then buying something that we don't really need.

So I work today as hostess since our gala still out. I'll be glad when this shift ends. Smoothie is already made. Time to get the remote start for the car and head out.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-28-2015, 08:45 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

Just read on the local news that Environment Canada confirms that this has been the coldest February here in Ontario in 115 years! I guess my complaining wasn't just cabin fever and thinner blood due to my advanced age!
Old 02-28-2015, 09:27 AM   #9  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning
Jen sorry it didnt work but good you will wait another year. I had a second one 2 weeks after and it made me feel rundown for quite a while

Matilda. Good on losing. On the big bang theory they called wine bible juice. Dh really liked that.

Beth hope you find your bargains.

Ruth. What wonderful friends. Yes, this winter has been awful. Wonder what died in the garden. Hope its weeds lol

Debbie. Great way to use rebate. Ours is the same amount. We always pay next years membership with it. Coffee goes on sale here every few months and we stock up then.

I just can't handle going out. Went with a bad attitude and as a result had a very restless night. Today is just hanging around house.
good day to all
take care
Sophie
Old 02-28-2015, 10:24 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

This afternoon we have another storm coming so this morning I need to hit grocery store for a few staples and then pick up DD1 from her sleepover. DH and I went out to a Jazz concert last night with neighbors it came with appetizers, it was a good time but some of the food not op.

Jekel sorry the test was a bust that is great that you can wait a year though.

Matilda that is great that you lost some weight. Since I sprained my ankle my weight loss was a bust but at least I didn't gain. I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot so it has been acting up since the ankle I sprained is on the left foot and my right food has been taking more of my weight.

Beth good luck on your bargain hunting trip today

Ruth it is nice to have good friends

Debbie that is a lot of coffee but good planning I say

Sophie hope your day goes better today

Have a great Saturday everyone!
Old 02-28-2015, 01:35 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon to All,
I never did get the opportunity to check in this morning. Jake wanted to go out for breakfast, and he wanted to get out early. Afterwards we did our weekly grocery shopping, and then I took my car to the car wash for a much needed bath. Two more storms are expected this week, but at least I can see what color my car is in the interim.

for the last day of February!
Old 02-28-2015, 04:06 PM   #12  

Thanks everyone....Sophie I've been exhausted all day...Three naps in the books the house is so quiet I couldn't resist.

Matilda and Pearlrose I had plantar fasciitis in both feet years ago. The only thing that finally worked was having a treatment that broke down the tendon. It was some kind of radio/electro wave thing. They use the same procedure to blast kidney stones. A took a few weeks to get relief, but have not had any issues since....Matilda great job losing a few...I am even again this month.

Linda the cheerleaders were cute Come on spring!!!

Debbie stocking up on coffee is awesome. I wish we had a Costco here.

Afternoon cup in the books. Now time to plan my meals for the week. I am going right back to P1 for a week or more. I truly believe hormones is messing with my success.....or maybe my "sluggish" colon lol.

I just re read Linda's post. I better check our forecast. Silly me put the bike rack on last night....too soon lol?
Old 02-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hello all just a quick fly-by today. DH and I are enjoying a much needed relaxing weekend with extra sleep. Today we went to the indoor farmer's market, ran a couple of errands,and went for two walks (with and without dog). Tomorrow may be similar. We planned to go snowshoeing but now there's snow in the forecast. Ugh, so sick of it! I am making our spring ocean trip reservations to cheer us up.

I'll be back in the morning

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-28-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning and welcome March! It's coming in like a lion here, though, with snow, ice, and freezing rain greeting us by noon. It'll be a good day to snuggle in with a good movie, a warming pot of vegetable soup simmering on the stove, and some cross-stitching.

So what's happening in your part of the world today?
Old 03-01-2015, 07:29 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Happy March !!!!!! It sure took a long time getting here!

I'm grabbing a quick coffee and preparing for the invasion of the painters. Karen, Heather and Claire will be here around 8:30 all bright and bushy-tailed and rarin' to go! Lunch soup is made except for the pistou and I only need to do the fruit salad for dessert - and wash some wine glasses.

I hope to be back in later after this super busy Sunday. Enjoy your day!.
Closed Thread