Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2015, 10:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/246.8/175

Height: 5'8

Default Skinny things I'm looking forward to

Over the last few weeks as I've noticed myself shrinking there have been a few 'I can't wait until' thoughts that have come to my mind so I thought I would put them down here so I can refer back to them. Also want to know what other people are looking forward to.

1. Actually having someone call me skinny

2. Getting out of plus size clothes

3. Skinny jeans and sexy boots

4. Not having my thighs rub together when I walk

5. Going on the 2 biggest roller coasters at Canada's Wonderland with my son. They have signs posted that these rides may not accommodate guests of exceptional size. I've been too afraid to get to the front and be turned away so I always just told my son I was scared of the rides.

6. This one might be TMI for some but actually being able to look down and see my girlie bits without having to move my belly out of the way.

7. Not being ashamed at the beach.

That's all I have right now. What are some things everyone else is looking forward to?
cant_w8_2b_skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 04:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Wearing a swimsuit and actually enjoying the beach as opposed to covering myself most of the time and anxiously eye balling people out of the corner of my eye concerned their watching me.

Fitting in size 10 jeans. That would be epic.

I
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Very nice enablers. Best wishes on your WOE.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:55 AM   #4  
Queen of Conundrums

S/C/G: 165/150/117

Height: 5'4"

1.) Being able to fit into the cute clothes I own froma skinny time long since passed.

2.) Being able to run longer distances cause I'm not tiring myself out from carrying an extra 10, 15, 25, 40lbs along with me.

3.) And to further the running, running those miles without fear of the rash my chubby thighs can get from the friction of them rubbing together over, and over, and over.

4.) Not being ashamed of my body. Not hiding from a camera anytime someone tries to get a picture with me in it.
Halloween_Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 289/285/155

Height: 5'10"

1. Not having to squeeze into airplane seats.

2. Saying good-bye to plus size clothing.

3. Not standing behind people for photographs.

4. Being able to be happy and wear a bathing suit at the same time!
mewlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:46 PM   #6  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

1) No more thighs rubbing together when I walk

2) Fitting into all the clothes in my closet and wearing what I love instead of what looks least hideous.

3) Feeling good in my body....strength, as opposed to sluggishness. This is already better but I know it could be even better.

4) Not feeling like the fat friend. :/
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Things to look forward to...

1.wearing my goal pants

2. like others before me, liking my pictures/allowing people to take them

3. feeling less like I'm breaking things when I stand/sit on them (like creaky chairs)

4. Fitting into more cute clothes (some cute things don't come in plus)

Last edited by NightAngel26; 02-28-2015 at 07:00 PM.
NightAngel26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:55 PM   #8  
Hello!

S/C/G: 215/168.4/159.8

Height: 5' 5"

Fun!

1. Not having to use as big a suitcase when I travel (skinnier clothes = less space taken up).

2. The thigh rub! I really don't care about a "thigh gap" or whatever, but I DO care about the rash I get on my upper thighs when I walk too much. That is something I want to stop. It hurts really bad.

3. Less strain on my body. Now that I'm in my mid-20s, I feel that more. I assume it'll only get worse as I age if I don't deal with it. I really don't want o have problems in my 80s because of how much I weigh.

4. Having the privilege of not being so aware of my body all the time. I'm obese right now, and I'm ALWAYS aware of myself. It gets exhausting. When I weighed about 40 lbs less, I didn't have to spend nearly enough time making sure my shirt didn't ride up over a bulge, or if I was sitting in such a way that it made me look even more unsightly. Bleh.

5. Less EFFORT. Right now, I have to make sure I don't knock anyone over, make sure I fit somewhere, determine if I take up too much space/weight for something (boat rides, anyone?), get shorts that won't ride up constantly when I walk, can't wear dresses without shorts (the rash again), etc. etc. etc. Being big is a lot of work. It's a million little things at all hours of the day.

Last edited by Penny105; 03-15-2015 at 12:12 PM.
Penny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 02:32 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 224/174/160

Height: 5'8"

1. Fitting into regular (not wide calf) boots. I really really love Stuart Weitzman boots but theyre all made for gals with skinny calves. :/

2. In the same vein I suppose, but fitting into shoes with ankle straps. I hate my cankles and hope they're a bit more defined by the time spring rolls around and it's time to wear flats and shorts/skirts (thankfully, living in NY, this gives me quite some time).

3. Going in to any store and being able to try on anything. Being able to buy clothes I LIKE, not just what FITs.

4. Not refusing to go out with my girlfriends to bars and clubs because I hate feeling like the "fat friend" that guys will never hit on. Just to clarify though, my self-worth is in no way derived by what men think of me, but it still gets to me when all of my friends are dancing with people or being hit on and here I am...
mariam892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 03:37 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I can't wait until I can say I overcame one of my life's biggest challenges. I know it's never really over. There's maintenance for the rest of my life. But I think of it like I do quitting smoking. There's always a danger I could relapse even 10 years later, but I feel like I've overcome it because my day to day existence isn't consumed with not relapsing.

I look forward to that day when maintaining a healthy weight and a lifestyle feels like brushing my teeth. Not something I'd ever not do and not something I give much conscious thought to. I've spent about the last 30 years of my life dealing with obesity and I can't wait to move on.
Streudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 274/246.8/175

Height: 5'8

VeggieMinded - thank you for all your positive words. What a great way to look at things.

I can relate to quite a few of all the responses.

Not hiding behind people in pictures - ABSOLUTELY

Not having to worry about about the size of airplane seats - OMG, flying is always so much stress for me. I'm always terrified I'm going to be told I'm too large to fly.
cant_w8_2b_skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggieMinded View Post
TheSatinPumpkin - You didn't write what you are looking for.. Think about it and see yourself there. It is important we know what we are aiming for and for what. Without a clear picture for the future and where we are headed we drift. We need a clear picture to pull us forward.

Best,
Reut

Mine was to get my basic hygiene back like being able to wipe myself back there in addition to being able to to walk further than a few feet before being puffed out and feeling pain in my lower back. Happy to say i have achieved both.

Last edited by TheSatinPumpkin; 03-02-2015 at 04:33 PM.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:29 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 227/139.6/130

Height: 5' 3"

I'm looking forward to being a women's medium size for once, or dare I dream, a small. I'd finally update my facebook photo. I'd also like to be able to wear one of those tight fitting costumes on Halloween, like Batgirl or Supergirl or something.
circa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:00 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 176/170/130

Height: 5'4"

1. Having my daughter fit comfortably on my lap
2. Fitted shirts
3. Getting out of maternity pants
4. Lower blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol
Mission2Lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 04:12 PM   #15  
Proverbs 31:10-31

S/C/G: 200/146/120

Height: 5'1"

1. Having my husband actually be able to lift me without straining himself!

2. The progress and after pictures. Seriously LOVE taking those!!! Only have one progress pic so far but the next one is in 13 pounds!

3. Not having to pull my shirts over my escaping tummy!

4. I want to hear what people are gonna say... Will they be proud of me for accomplishing something so hard??? I'm hoping for lots of congratulations!!!

5. I want to be as proud as my husband feels introducing me as his wife and not be embarrassed for him! (The other day, one of his coworkers asked how the baby was, and when my hubby told him we didn't have any kids he was like "Oh, I see, she's fat" XD super embarrassing!!!)

6. I just want to see what 120ish pound adult me looks like... I want to know if she's possible... If I CAN accomplish it! I want to be able to say "Goal met" and not just "Goal compromised". I might not go to 120 if I think it's too small, but its gonna be my choice, not my body choosing for me!!!
SenseAndSensibility is offline   Reply With Quote