Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/246.8/175

Height: 5'8

Default Fell off the wagon...

1 month in and 18 pounds down and I totally fell off the diet wagon this past weekend. Had a baby shower out of town and although I did well with all the temptation I did have a few chips and some dip. Then we went up to the cottage for the night and I indulged in some drinks (with diet pop) and the next thing I know I'm snacking on cheese and kalbossa. I didn't follow my diet at all and took in too many carbs and not nearly enough protein, not to mention the lack of fruits and veggies. The weekend of fun ended up costing me 2 pounds. Although I'm not sure how it resulted in a 2 pound gain. My understanding is that you need to eat 3500 calories to gain a pound. I KNOW I didn't eat close to 7000 calories to gain 2 pounds. I'm really hoping it is just water weight from too much sodium and it will come off quickly now that I'm back on track. Good news is that I now know how hard it is going to be to stick to my diet on the long weekends at the cottage when summer rolls around.
cant_w8_2b_skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 12:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Brush it off, don't beat yourself up, and just get right back on track. Don't be like "oh well I already blew my week" or something.. get right back on track today. 2 days in a lifetime of change, or a 2 lb fluctuation in the long run will be nothing provided you're still sticking to your good eating habits a large majority of the time

Also celebrate your good choices. If you were going to drink soda, at least you went for the diet kind over the sugar loaded calorie heavy stuff. That's a win, even if a smaller one.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:42 PM   #3  

It happens to all of us...Don't be so hard on yourself. Just get back on track and keep pushing for your goals. Good luck!
Reg4502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 274/246.8/175

Height: 5'8

Thanks!! I did brush it off and got back on track and managed to lose the 2 pound plus an additional 3 last week. I find weekends so hard to stay on track. I definitely prefer Monday - Friday when my days are much more structured.
cant_w8_2b_skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:36 AM   #5  

Like the others said, don’t beat yourself up. Get back on that wagon and start your diet again. You can do this! We can all do this!
cwilson72180 is offline   Reply With Quote