Old 02-23-2015, 07:39 AM   #1  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Default 10 Days In The Life Boat #122

Welcome to the newest segment of 10 Days In The Life Boat.
This is not a "challenge" but a place for accountability to ourselves and support from our fellow rowers. So, what is your plan for this 10 day segment?

Grab an oar and join us doing our best to not fall out of the boat and and get wet. We need to meet our goals to stay dry.
j-ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 07:42 AM   #2  

My goals for this leg are:
1 - Eat 3 healthy meals
2 - Not go over my extra WW points.
3 - Avoid my binge triggers.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candidcamster View Post
Hi everyone, I'd like to join you guys! Tonight was a horrible night for me, bad habits die hard, but they can and do die if we're willing to fight for what we deserve. In my case, I just went through horrible PMS and tons of binging, well tonight I relapsed and I am trying to dry out, and continue on my healthy living journey.

My personal goals -
1. Exercise to my new Leslie Sansone dvd starting tomorrow 2/23 for at least 5 minutes.

2. Avoid purchasing trigger foods (foods that I either overindulge with or that once I eat them like the 2 Clif bars I ate tonight it opens the flood gates to more overeating for some reason) such as kettle corn, nutrition bars (Clif, Skinny Girl, Kind, etc.), Artic Zero bars (these aren't bad except they trigger binges for me), vegan jerky (for some reason it triggers binges).

3. To eat with purpose. I am on this journey to be healthier as well as losing the excess that weight that has damaged my health. Food is fuel, not my friend, confidante or problem solver.
Hi J-Ann, hello everyone! Today was such a sleepy day for me, but I would say I accomplished goal no.3, goal no.2 doesn't apply just yet (didn't go grocery shopping), but goal no.1 I haven't done yet. Luckily it is only about 8:30 here, so I'll post tomorrow to say if I fulfilled my 5 minutes of Leslie Sansone tonight.

ETA - I worked out for a whole 9 minutes to the DVD lol, beginners level, loved it, it is a total of 18 minutes long and I will do the other 9 minutes tomorrow. According the the dvd I walked 1/2 a mile, woot! lol The one I used was Leslie Sansone: Walk Away the Pounds Ultimate Collection, good luck to us all tomorrow on staying dry .

Last edited by Candidcamster; 02-24-2015 at 12:19 AM.
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 325/ticker/190

Height: 5'7"

I'm back. Shame on me for disappearing. I wish I could put life on hold sometimes...

My goals for this leg:
1- continue to get on a regular sleep schedule
2- reduce mindless eating
3- scoot closer to my mini goal of less than 300

Please say it ain't so. I might be getting sick again I can't remember the last time I was sick this much.

Edit: I think it is safe to say that I am not going to succeed with #1 tonight. It is already 11:24pm.

Last edited by Freya0991; 02-24-2015 at 02:25 AM.
Freya0991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:19 PM   #5  

I stayed in my seat and rowed yesterday. I met my goals! YAY

Candidcamster: I have a friend that does Leslie Sansone and loves it! Congrats on getting started.

Freya: No getting sick! I love your goals. They are all important especially the sleep. I've got to get better at that myself.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:23 PM   #6  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

I've been lurking on this thread. I'm afraid of getting wet, but I just had to say, good job for trying, everyone.

Candid- been doing the Sansone vids as well.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 05:40 PM   #7  

Tootsieroll, We have life rings to haul swimmers back in and keep warm towels readily available. None of us are perfect. We all get wet even as we try to find different small goals to help us along our weight loss journey.
Grab an oar.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:03 PM   #8  

Oh yeah I'm sick it feels like the flu. I can't even get out of bed. Thankfully my fever of 99.8 has gone down.

Temporary goals until I'm over this:
Drink lots of water.
Get my voice back.
Get my body to stop hurting all of the time.
Eat something other than crackers that I can keep down. The thought of eating makes me nauseous

I will be cheering you all on from the comfort of my bed.
Old 02-25-2015, 03:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 337.7/336.8/269

Height: 5'6

Freya0991 feel better soon, I had the flu around Thanksgiving, it was rough, but I'm still standing, and you'll be ok soon I hope.

tootsieroll81 that sounds great @ the Sansone DVDs I am enjoying the first part (1 mile beginners) so far. I am not accustomed to working out, and it gave me a good burn in my arms and legs after a mere 9 minutes.

My personal goals -
1. Exercise to my new Leslie Sansone dvd starting tomorrow 2/23 for at least 5 minutes.

2. Avoid purchasing trigger foods (foods that I either overindulge with or that once I eat them like the 2 Clif bars I ate tonight it opens the flood gates to more overeating for some reason) such as kettle corn, nutrition bars (Clif, Skinny Girl, Kind, etc.), Artic Zero bars (these aren't bad except they trigger binges for me), vegan jerky (for some reason it triggers binges).

3. To eat with purpose. I am on this journey to be healthier as well as losing the excess that weight that has damaged my health. Food is fuel, not my friend, confidante or problem solver.

I think I stuck to my goals today, I made homemade tacos, but only had 2 tortillas and counted all of my calories. I had just under 1900 calories. I did the second part of the Leslie Sansone 1 mile beginners video (18 minutes long, 1/2 mile yesterday, and 1/2 mile today) for a total of 9 minutes of exercise, better than nothing, and the goal is to acclimatize myself to this workout. On to day number 3! <3
Candidcamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 07:05 AM   #10  

Feel better Freya!

I swam yesterday.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:53 AM   #11  

Candid its good that you are acclimating yourself instead of doing too much too fast. It will be easier for you to maintain if you don't get burned out.

J-ann I think the flu has affected my brain. I was going to say congratulations on swimming but then I realized what you meant. Hopefully you have a dry day today.

I pulled myself out of bed an hour ago and am trying to drink lots of water. I feel like death and can't wait for this to be over!
Old 02-26-2015, 07:09 AM   #12  

Damp yesterday but an improvement over the day before. I gave in to a binge trigger (peanut butter cookies) but I didn't let it extend beyond the cookies. That was a step forward.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:40 AM   #13  

Crap, this water is cold! Carbed out yesterday.
Old 02-27-2015, 01:19 PM   #14  

I hope you stay dry today!!
Old 02-27-2015, 01:52 PM   #15  

I just weighed myself this morning, after avoiding it for months, and I am now well into the 300 club! For some reason it does not scare me. The last time I reached this club it did scare me and I went on a good rampage and lost 145 pounds! Well, here I am again--several years later, but here none the less. I should care more, but it has taken all my effort to decide to do something about it.
I like your 10 day plan. I think I can do 10 days. I need to decide on a plan and stick to it, but even writing this note is a start for me.
Thanks for being there! I know it will help so much to have others to talk to...
Elstyle is offline   Reply With Quote