Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-19-2015, 08:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/140/115

Height: 5'3

Default Who wants to do a 30 day yoga challenge with me? :D

You do!!

I used to do a bit of yoga almost daily, but stopped completely in the past year or so. Definitely not as flexible or fit as I used to be. I stumbled across this great series of free videos online a couple days ago, tried out some of the routines, and really liked them. So now I feel like I'm ready to take on the 30 Day Yoga Challenge, and I'm looking for some friends to do it with!

Here is the link to her channel, where all the videos are posted: https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

And another link where you can subscribe to have her send you an email with the link to the video, plus some inspirational thoughts, for 30 days: http://yogawithadriene.com/30days/

I really like what I'm seeing so far - the series is for all levels, but might be too challenging for complete beginners as she seems to assume a little bit of knowledge and doesn't explain correct alignment of all of the poses in depth. It's perfect for people like me, I think, who have a bit of a yoga background but are looking to get back into it or take their practice to the next level. In addition to just guiding us through a good flow of yoga postures, Adriene also emphasizes practicing mindfulness in these videos, which I really appreciate.

I'm starting Day 1 tomorrow morning and hope I can commit to the full 30 days. Who's with me?
omnomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 06:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 154/154/133

Height: 162cm

Me! Glad to find another yoga bunny on here.

I used to do yoga all the time and I felt great and was so much more mindful of what I was eating as a result. I started the lesley fight master videos on you tube this week but some of them are a bit too challenging for me right now so will mix them up with adriene's- thank you! I aim to do at least 1 video every day for at least 30 days. Going to check in here often to keep motivated!
Boleyngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 145/140/115

Height: 5'3

Hey Boleyngirl!

Wow, thanks for introducing me to the Lesley Fightmaster videos, they're great! Though I admit a little challenging. Maybe I'll tackle those next!

So this weekend happened and I ended up running around doing errands and being too busy and not getting to yoga. (I know, I know, excuses) But I got up today and restarted, bright and early. Back on the horse! I figured out that for me, the time of day is really important. If I don't take that 30 minutes when I first get up in the morning, I'm not likely to stick it in later in the day.

So here goes. I'm going to set my alarm clock half an hour earlier each day and really commit to starting off my day right! 30 days from now, I hope I'll have built up a brand new healthy habit.
omnomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 154/154/133

Height: 162cm

Hey!

Yeah they are challenging. I just modify the harder poses but I am definitely getting a lot stronger already. What is your favourite Adriene video? I want to start with a good one!

I am just back to work after a holiday so this will be the real challenge to see if I can keep it up! I wish I could get up earlier on work days but I don't have the will power so I end up doing my practice in the evening. Sometimes this gives me too much energy to sleep!

I also find it harder to stick to my healthy eating habits on work days but checking in here will definitely help.
Boleyngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 06:51 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 152/Tracker/126

Height: 5' 2.5"

Hello!

I'm in and am starting with Day 1 today. :-)

Strawberry :-)
Strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote