Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 02-19-2015, 04:45 PM   #1  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Default Showing Respect to My Body: Salad 3x a Week Challenge.

Day 3 of 3 complete. I enjoyed having salads for lunch. Looking forward to next week.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 01:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

Great job! I love salad and eat salad pretty much everyday
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:17 PM   #3  
Trying so hard....

S/C/G: 298/298/145

Height: 5'7"

I made a salad the night before bringing it to work for lunch. I had chopped cucumbers and tomatos, kept the lettuce and egg whites seperate, but once combined it had a ton of liquid in it and the tomatos tasted gross. I assume my problem was the cucumbers and tomatos mixed with salt, became too soggy and secreted water?? Idk.
MugCanDoIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 09:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugCanDoIt View Post
I made a salad the night before bringing it to work for lunch. I had chopped cucumbers and tomatos, kept the lettuce and egg whites seperate, but once combined it had a ton of liquid in it and the tomatos tasted gross. I assume my problem was the cucumbers and tomatos mixed with salt, became too soggy and secreted water?? Idk.
I wouldn't salt them - that's probably the culprit. I pack a square tupperware (leftover Chinese lunch takeout) and pack in my lettuce, toppings (always cucumbers) and add in a small lidded container of dressing to mix when I get to work the next day. I typically put grape tomatoes in my salad - maybe that would help too. I actually cut my daughter's grape tomatoes for her lunch salads and pack them the night before without a problem.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:48 PM   #5  
Nutritarian

S/C/G: 289/257.8/125

Height: 5'4"

I've been having salad for breakfast every morning.

Cut up tomatoes get kinda gross in a salad unless you eat it right away. I would suggest using cherry/salad tomatoes so that you don't need to cut them up. (My mom used to put giant pieces of carrot and cut up tomato in her salad... it was so gross, and she didn't believe in throwing out leftovers... so slimey salad day after day... :X )

If you do want cut up tomato in a salad, I would suggest Roma tomatos and scoop out the center (seeds/liquid), just leave the fleshy part and skin. Most of the slimeyness comes from the liquid.

The same goes with cucumber. Cut your cucumber length wise and scoop out the seeds with a spoon. That'll cut down on extra water content leaking into your salad.
Laifierr is offline   Reply With Quote