Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 01:32 AM   #1  

Default ~*~*the Thin Group #99*~*~

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Everyone has their ups and downs and we’ll be here with you thru both! Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!

Let’s all work together towards a healthier us in 2003!

Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797
Old 08-06-2003, 01:34 AM   #2  

I thought I would sneak in and start a new thread while I still can! I love being a brat!

I will let you ladies know when my baby shows up! God only knows when that will be!

Take Care!

Sylvia
Old 08-09-2003, 10:12 PM   #3  

Hello all.
It has been a very long time but I am back for all of the support that I can both get and give. Niles and I have started the South Beach diet and i see a group here at 3fc. But I couldn't go there without also coming here to the best group on the net. It's wonderfull to see so many of you still here. Sylvia this is so exciting for you. Many blessings to your little one. Sharon I hope that I will be hearing from you. Cj, it's nice to see that you are still the queen.......... Take care all. Julie
Old 08-10-2003, 10:26 PM   #4  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'4"

Today was my birthday. I had a really good day. Spent most of yesterday shopping. My houseguest took care of Gem so I could have the afternoon to myself. It was GREAT! I walked the mall, shopped for new cross-trainer shoes (my bday present to myself), and got a couple new musicals (A Chorus Line and Kiss Me Kate). Tomorrow I'm taking the day off so we can go to the County Fair. I'm hoping the weather holds.
Old 08-12-2003, 12:22 PM   #5  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

/grumble at houseguest. Sunday I told her and told her that after I put Gem to bed I wanted to work out. Unfortunately, Gem wouldn't settle, so it was almost 8:45 before I could even think about it. I ask houseguest what time she wanted to go to bed, so I could figure out what sort of workout I could do (45 minutes is lifting. An hour is lifting and yoga/stretch or cardio. An hour and a half is lifting and cardio). She said "9:00". Argh!! I fumed for fifteen minutes while she tried to apologize and guilt me. She was drunk, too, which didn't help my mood. Finally, I said, "Look, I need to work out. I'll pick a short workout and you can be in bed by 9:30. How's that?" We agreed. I did Tae Bo, since it's only 30 minutes. Then she got a phone call and watched TV. She didn't even GO to bed until 10:30. /grumble

But I DID get my workout. Thirty minutes of Tae Bo gets the blood pumping like none of my other "short" workouts. And after the first five minutes, I was able to ignore her and my anger and focus on my body. By the time I was done, I felt SOOOOOOO good. Even her interminable chattering didn't bother me. /grin

Yesterday's trip to the county fair was fun, but not the healthiest of ventures. /grin Got a lot of walking in, though. And I DID do a pseudo-plan for eating. I ate a light breakfast with lots of protein before we headed out. I took a water bottle so I wouldn't want soda. I looked up the calories on funnel cake ahead of time, because Hunter can't go to the fair and not get a funnel cake, and I wanted to know how much of his cake I could allot myself (not as bad caloricly as I initially thought). I ended up getting a ham and cheese sandwich instead of a corndog or pizza. And a nice fresh lemonade instead of Coke. The surprise was how many calories were in the caramel apple. I had expected it to be like an apple and a candy bar, so about 300 calories, and it was more like 500. But I at really light when I got home (and lots of protein to offset all the sugar) and actually still made it in under 2500 calories. (I aim for between 2000 and 2500 a day.)

Gem loved the fair. We saw pig and duck races. The ducks were the funniest, because they stopped halfway 'round the track to "converse", then continued on. The pigs were really fast. We went through the cow, goat, sheep, and rabbit barns, then saw a lion/tiger show done by a big cat conservationist from Florida. He's the youngest Lion Tamer in the world at 23, and is an eighth generation Lion Tamer. (http://www.bigcatencounter.com/) Very fun. And Gem LOVED it!

Then it started raining, so we ducked inside to check out the arts and crafts, the old-timers exhibits (historic farm and settler equipment), the many booths set up by churches, political parties, merchants, etc., and the produce and items judged during the fair. I knew we'd see knitting and lace-making and vegetables and canned goods, but I didn't expect decorated cakes (some of which were amazingly lovely). Makes me want to dig out Rodgers and Hammerstein's "State Fair" and watch it again (the version with Dana Andrews -- NOT the one with Pat Boone and Ann Margaret). Our favorite exhibit, though, is the Great American Railroad -- a HUGE model train set. It has three or four trains running around it, and each side of the table has little signs. "Can you find the man climbing a ladder?" "Can you find the firetruck?" Fascinating!

We got a chance for Hunter to take his nephew (who was with us) through the Fun House, and for the boy to win a stuffed animal (which he gave to Gem) and a goldfish (which he took home) before the rain started up again in earnest. By the time we got to the car, we were all soaked to the skin. We got a dry baby blanket out of the trunk and wrapped Gem in it in her car seat. She was asleep by the time we hit the highway. Poor girl. But all evening all she could talk about was the tigers and lions. And the train.

Today it's back to work, and we couldn't do anything because of the virus this morning. It's hard to not have use of your computer when you're a webmaster. Kinda goes with the job, doncha know. /grin But now we're up and running again.
Old 08-15-2003, 04:38 PM   #6  

Howdy Ladies!!!

I hope you are all doing well. I'm finally out of the hospital and the proud mother of Nicolas Antonio Martin Susbilla (Nico for short) born 8/11/03 at 4:57 AM. I had to be induced Saturday evening due to low fluid and went into hard labor about 9:00 PM Sunday and pushed from 2:30AM to 5:00 AM. All I have to say is that I used the ab muscles I never thought I had!

I'd like to thank all of you for your good wishes and support through my baby's conception, my pregnancy and finally, birth. You have made this whole journey so much easier for me even in those emotional moments where I never thought I would be sitting here holding my beautiful baby boy.

I will continue to post when I can and I have to get back on that weight loss wagon again. This time, Nico is my inspiration rather than looking great in some outfit.

I tried to attach a picture of me and the baby and it didn't work. If you would like to have me send it to you, please e-mail me at [email protected]

Love to all-

Sylvia
Old 08-16-2003, 03:37 PM   #7  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hey Sylvia,
Congratulations to the proud Mom and Dad. I am soooo happy for you. Why I remember when you were a single gal and going out with your boyfriend, now you husband and father of your beautiful little boy.

I would love to have a picture of Nicholas. I will email you with my email address and can't wait to see him.

Julie-I am glad to see that you dropped in and are doing great. I have been thinking about you and wondering how you and Niles are doing. Gosh talk about time standing still, it seems like you guys just got marrried. How is the family doing? I bet the kids are getting so big. I really was thinking about you, in fact was even thinking about giving you a call to see what you were up to. Post again and let us know how you are doing on your new plan. I will try one of these days to email you too and let you know how things are going.

Synger-Hello and happy belated birthday to you. Hope it was a great one. So you have a houseguest over, that is great that you friend is helping take care of your baby. How old is she anyways now? Glad everyone enjoyed the fair, I love fairs, but I hate all the fattening food they have there and I just can't control myself if I get an elephant ear or funnel cake cause my husband doesn't want any of it and I sure can't eat the whole darn thing so most of the time I pass in them. I think you did well on what you did eat. You have lots of willpower picking the ham and cheese sandwhich. Good for you and good job on you workouts as well. I checked out that tiger websight and it was great.

CJ-Where the heck are you girlfriend? Miss you, got your email about how busy you were with all your company so hope to get a longer one when everyone is gone. I will wait patiently. LOL Hope you are having fun with you family. Post if you have a few to let us all know what is going on.

So where is everyone? Judy????

I have been busy with my Dad, Papa who I brought back with me for a visit. I will be taking him back to Michigan next Thursday so I will be MIA. LOL A friend of the family are having us over for dinner tonight in honor of Papa, he will be so happy cause he really loves to eat. Surprisingly he is not overweight, but what can I say after being on a feeding for 6 months last year who wouldn't enjoy their food. HA HA So should be fun tonight.

Just doing good, trying to get back on track from all my traveling and going off track. I have been doing great eatingwise and have been trying to drink my water and have started exercising again. In fact I was just on my way to tackle the treadmill downstairs so I will leave you guys and talk to you later. Love, Sharon

Old 08-16-2003, 09:49 PM   #8  

Sylvia CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He sounds wonderfull. Oh how your life will change. Welcome to the wonderfull world of mothering. There is nothing like it .Synger HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I love fairs myself. We are looking forward to going to the Renaisance Faire in NY next weekend. Niles even wants to wear his kilt. Cute HUH? Sharon I have missed you. Would you believe that we just celebrated our 3rd anniversary 3 weeks ago. Things are going well except we are both huge!!!!!!! We are both doing South Beach and it is going great so far. Please give my best to Chrissy. How is she?? Well ladies gotta run. Niles made dessert and it is chocolate. Take care all............Julie
Old 08-17-2003, 07:46 AM   #9  
Long Lost Chickie

Default Do You Remember Me?

I used to be one of the original Thin Groupers! Haven't been around for a loooooonnnnggg time.

... Actually, that's not true. I've been lurking for months. Always keeping track of you guys, always watching from afar. Making you nervous?? I stopped posting here when I felt like I didn't have anything left to offer and there wasn't much hope for me. But, as I said, old habits die hard and I often found myself poking around in here.

The thing that brought me out of the woodwork ....?? SYLVIA!!! Congratulations on the birth of your bundle of joy! I too remember when you first dated and then married your hubby and was around when you announced your pregnancy. I too have been waiting for the news. I wish your new little family all the joy in the world!!!

Like I said, I'd come in here sometimes to see what's happening with you all. I loved seeing all the familiar names come and go. I have to admit to being a little hurt when someone would post about the "missing" thin group members and my name never seemed to get mentioned. But, as I said, I was feeling sorry for myself.

Anyway, don't know if you remember that, about 5-1/2 years ago, I had ovarian cancer. Well, actually, I'm currently at home for 6 weeks recovering from a hysterectomy. The doctor wasn't liking what he was seeing in ultrasounds and other tests and it was decided. I've been a hurting camper for a while but it gets better every day. Developed an infection and was put on several medications that cause nausea, vomiting and other assorted yucky things. Ah but you don't need to hear about that.

The good news is that I've decided that once I'm back on my feet, I'm officially starting over. I'm currently on medical leave from my Curves membership and I had been thinking about going back to WW but a friend recommended TOPS and I've been researching that and think I might join them. Same basic idea as WW with weekly meetings and weigh-ins but a lot less expensive.

Not sure how you guys might feel about my return but, if I'm welcome, I'd like to come here and post every now and then. For now, I've got to get just a little food into my stomach before I take more of this horrible medication. It's quite a game I've learned to play. Oh what a glamorous life I lead.

One more time ... CONGRATULATIONS SYLVIA!!!
Old 08-17-2003, 08:55 AM   #10  
Mother Hen

JELLO JELLO JELLO!!!!!!!!

Darling, I have missed you more than anyone! I have never logged on here without thinking of you! It was such a pleasure (and usually a chuckle) to read your posts. You are one of the main reasons that I kept coming back each day! Please stay with us and share your everyday life with us again, okay? Sorry about your surgery, been there, done that, know how painful it was, glad you are on the road to recovery now.

Sure would be nice if some of the other original Thinsters would quit lurking and start posting again. Anybody heard anything about Sandy, Carol, Carolyn, Gail, (and a bunch of others whose names just aren't coming to me right now)? If you know how to get in touch with any of them let them know how much they are missed, maybe they will stop by for a quick "Hello".

Sylvia, congratulations! I'm so glad that Nico has finally arrived.
I sent a card but I think I forgot to tell you that I sure would like to get a pic of him too! I love babies!

I'm switching all my messaging to SBC tomorrow, so will be changing my email address. I'll let everyone know as soon as I get it all done.

Hugs, Judy
Old 08-17-2003, 07:18 PM   #11  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

Congrats, Sylvia!! How exciting for you! We're all here for you as you adjust to this new part of your life.

My baby girl is 2 and a half. It was about three years ago, when I got pregnant, that I stopped my weight loss journey and stopped hanging out with The Thin Group. /sigh It's great to see some old friends around here.

Jello! /hug It's great to see you again.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:19 PM   #12  
IR/PCOS/Pre-Diabetic

Spent the afternoon walking and shopping in Harper's Ferry, WV with Hunter and Gem. http://www.nps.gov/hafe/home.htm

We stopped at a Cracker Barrel restaurant on the way there. I had chicken and dumplings, but I ate the chicken pieces (two tiny ones) out and only ate a few dumplings. It wasn't good enough to eat the whole thing. I shoulda gone with the roasted chicken and gotten more protein for my money. The turnip greens and carrots were good, though.

Once we were in Harper's Ferry proper, we had lots of walking up and down hills and steps, pushing the stroller. We did some shopping, and I splurged and got a root beer float. Then we went down by the river and let Gem out of her stroller to walk the paths to Virginius Island. By the time we loaded up the car and got back on the highway, Gem was asleep.

Personal note: While we were walking by the river, Gem was showing us how she could "run." (at 2 and a half, it's more like a duck's waddle, but she's proud of it) Hunter would run a few seconds ahead, then Gem would run after him, giggling all the way. They did this a couple times, then she started saying "Momma run! Momma run!" Well, I haven't gone beyond a walk in over ten years, but for my baby I broke into a jog. That was good enough for her! She and I played the "run and catch" game for a few minutes. And this fat body was able to jog for a few seconds at a time. Surprised me to pieces. /grin

Then when we got home, we put on our swimming suits and played in the pool. She and I do a dancing, jumping game in the pool, where I hold her by the arms and dance/jump around in a circle while singing the Hokey Pokey. She thinks it's GREAT, and keeps saying, "Ghin, Momma?! Ghin!" (ghin = "again" in Gem-speak).

So I had really fun exercise today. And we had a great time.
Old 08-19-2003, 09:42 AM   #13  
Mother Hen

Good Morning All!

For those of you who didn't get my e-mail telling about my new address, here it is...

[email protected]

Hope to hear from some of you.

Hugs, Judy
Old 08-19-2003, 06:36 PM   #14  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hey what do you know, it's our old friend Jello. Jo it is wonderful that you have come back to the fold. This is starting to feel like the good old Thin Group we used to have with the addition of some wonderful new people that completes us.

Jo-Glad you posted with us again and you were missed and I really did miss you wonderful sense of humor you had here. Don't get hurt feelings, cause you know how much we all love you around here. You know you are ALWAYS welcome around here. I hope you are recovered from you surgery and doing great. Good luck with whatever program you decide to go on. I am STILL on WW and have been for like 4 yrs and depending on the day of the week, I ponder if I still want to continue or try some other program. But for now I am sticking with it. Next Monday they are giving everyone new material so maybe that will inspire me to get that. Happy you are back and hope to hear from you lots and lots to help inspire everyone here and we hope we can do the same for you.

Sylvia-Got the wonderful picture of you and the adorablel little Nico and both of you look great to me. How is motherhood doing for you, besides you must be tired from it all. Believe me, after having 4 I know the feeling. Just please try to rest if you can and let everyone else wait on your hand and foot like the queen you should be for now. LOL

Julie-Hey Jules, so glad you came back and posted again. Miss you missed you and missed you even more. Chrissy is great, in fact I will see her on Thursday when I take my Dad, Papa back to Michigan to his assisted living place. So Niles wants to wear his kilt to the fair eh? I'll bet he will looks cute in that. I can hardly believe that it will be 3 yrs, but when I think about it, it has been that long.

Judy-Hey there, got your email with your new address, thanks, it is already in my email address book. Speaking of oldies, I still email back and forth with Gail. Ken has retired and she has just been busy doing things with him and traveling. They bought one of those big travel trailers and have been on the go. As far as weight she has just been doing her own thing and trying to eat healthy and has been doing pretty good with that. I will email her again or try to call her and see how she is doing. I know we would all love for her to come back as well as any other oldies, but goodies. Chrissy is so busy, getting her new business started up, which is helping the elderly with anything they might need with their care, or errands ect and doing pretty good she says. She also works part time on the "Ask a nurse" phone help line. She hopes soon she will be able to quite that job and concentrate on her new business. She likes helping others and I think she will do great with that too. I know she talks to Sandy and her and Spence have to moved to Las Vegas and love it there according to Sandy. In fact when Chrissy went there she introduced Sandy and Spence to my Aunt Carm, my Dad's sister and her husband, Wally, who is from England and they are pretty good buddies now. I need to try to get ahold of Carolyn/Chglenn and Carolyn/Regency and see how they are doing and try to get them to post with us. I miss all of them and hope they come back soon. Hey guys if any of you are reading this, PLEASE come on back to us. WE MISS YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

Synger-It sounds like you had a great time at Harpers Ferry and so did Gem and it sounds like you had a really good food day and exercise day as well when you got home. I checked out the webpage of Harpers Ferry and it looks like a pretty interesting place to go. Glad you had such a good time.

I talked to my SIL, Chrissy just now about bringing Dad back to Michigan. She lives in the Detroit area and so much of Michigan went down with that power outage/blackout. Dad has had a wonderful vacation that's for sure, between going to the cottege on the lake and staying here with us. I will be sad to see him go back. But Chrissy said that it was good that Dad wasn't in Michigan, cause they had that terrible blackout last week. She said no one went to work, she lost all the food in both her refridgerator AND the big freezer downstairs. No phones or cell phones even worked. No business's or restauraunt's were even open or stores for food ect. She said no one could take a shower or drink water, cause the water was contaminated. She just said everyone just opened their windows and sweated. But she said everyone managed, but thank goodness she said Dad was here in Indiana with us so he was resting in the air conditioning watching all his favorite shows on TV. LOL

Well guys, better get off here, we are all going to dinner in Indy with daughter Kelly and some other family members. Either Italian or Mexican, but it will be pretty good, whatever. I will try to be good, but not promising anything. HA HA

Hey one more thing, WHERE ARE YOU CAROL???? CJ Come on back and post with us again. MISS YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon
Old 08-19-2003, 09:10 PM   #15  

Hello everyone, I've ended week 2 of south beach and Niles and I have each lost 8 pounds. This new WOE is pretty good so far. Jello everyone remembers you. We all loved your stories and your humor was always warm and funny. Sorry about the surgery. Hope that your booboo is all better now. Synger your little one has such a beautifull name. How did you think of it?? Is that her picture?? Sylvia, how are you feeling?? There won't be any babies in my life till I'm a grandma. Hope that everything is going well. Sharon, I know how you feel about your dad. My dad has decided to stop being a snowbird and move to Florida permanently. I hate to lose him but I do understand. He tells me that now I will have to come down twice a year instead of just in the winter. Sounds like Chrissy will have a great business going for herself. I really admire her strength.Gotta run. Work tommorow. Love Julie
Closed Thread