Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 01:42 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Peachpit - We Are Praying For You

Peachy darling, I just wanted to say good luck on Monday, I know how much you want this. My prayers will be w/you for a safe, speedy, comfortable recovery.... I love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peach & Jiffy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you need ANYTHING, I mean anything, any help, etc. Call me okay, I'm right next door and will come a runnin. No matter what.

Say Hi To Mom !!! and that big bad *** dog of yours Jiff.

HUGS and KISSES
Old 08-05-2003, 07:33 PM   #2  

Leenie! You are so sweet! Yes! I am starting to get excited. Today I went to the hospital and did the last of my blood work. I also spoke to my dentist today about what the surgery was going to do to my teeth and he said that unless I find myself throwing up every day that I do not need a fluoride rinse. Took mom and the little guy to the drug store to pick up odds and ends for the hospital stay.

Luckily, I have been busy and not wigging out about surgery. Last night dh's sister and hubby and my dh's brother came over for dinner. I made a sauerbraten. I didn't know that the brother didn't eat meat...so he went to the diner Then my sister in law's husband choked on a piece of meat and threw up SIL said he had too much to drink and wasn't concerned in the least What does she care...she had a face lift and looks terrific! Love her! So how's that for a successful dinner party? Expecting more company the end of the week....can't wait to make dinner again! ROFL.

I think the fact that my back is bothering me also is an added incentive to have it done. It is the right thing to do and I will consider it successful if I wake up and my tubes are still tied....anything else is gravy in my book!

Thanks for the prayers, Leenie, don't stop until I am well enough to scream and witch, ok?

love,
peach
Old 08-05-2003, 09:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Just had to wander over and say LOVE YOU! Please take real good care of yourself and I know Jiffy and Leenie will help you bunches! (Babysitting, anyone? ) Will be keeping you in my prayers and hope to see updates frequently on how you are recovering!
Old 08-06-2003, 08:59 AM   #4  
Senior Chicky

Angry Houston Prayers Are With You Too!

Have to admit that I've looked at a few flights to Joisey recently! Figured I could swing a mini vacation, hang out at the local bar, and visit a friend!

Peachie, I know you are doing this for all the right reasons and all will be well. Those damned doctors are too afraid of the Chick Brigade to screw around with our Sista!!!!

Love you girl!

Hugs & Prayers!

Janice
Old 08-06-2003, 09:16 AM   #5  
she who must be obeyed

Alright.........who will organize the phone tree???

sign me up, tell me what to do
Old 08-06-2003, 11:18 AM   #6  
Senior Chicky

Angry

Sign me up too! Does this sorta work like a tag team - Jiff calls Debbie, Deb calls ______, then she calls ______ , etc. ?

I'm in ...... hehehe unless I end up in Joisey at some local bar!
Old 08-06-2003, 01:12 PM   #7  

What bar, what time Mama J? I'm there!

Peach, my sweet, I'm so excited and happy for you. I'm sure all will go just great and that you'll be the sveltest and sexiest babe that Joisey has ever seen (well, next to Jif of course!)

By the way, I'm...uh...busy that night you wanted me to come over for dinner. Maybe some other time (yeah right)!

Chickadee
Old 08-06-2003, 08:25 PM   #8  

Sheesh....if you are going to be in Jersey while I am under the laser the LEAST you could do is go to my favorite dive bar...the one that has the bar tender with a ring through his nipple.

OUCH!

ps...make sure you go to the ladies room BEFORE you go there....the pool table is very near the ladies room and the door does not close too well and sometimes balls just roll right in. The guys playing pool are really grateful if you roll them right out. They are truly gentlemen but I would advise against letting them buy you a beer...shots, yes, beers, no...you might give them the wrong impression! If you must go, I 'd suggest you go around to the back of the building. Watch for falling shingles and you DO know what poison ivy looks like don't ya?

sure ya do.

oh yea...don't wear open toed shoes....the floor is a bit sticky, well, unless you go there on the solstice and then it is pretty tolerable.

Leenie...you know this place? Trust me...Sherry and Janice and Debkay and Hazel will do just fine...I am a bit worried about the Chickster, although, perhaps she might get real inspired and write a famous riddle on a cocktail napkin....oh wait...they don't HAVE any.

Chickadee, sweetie...you should come for dinner...Debkay and Hazel sent me a package of instant grits....no kidding....I think they are cheese flavored!!!!

....but was IS a grit?

Love you guys and thanks for the prayers and well wishes. Debkay, I have arranged for you to be called!

peach
Old 08-06-2003, 08:45 PM   #9  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Peach!!! I'll be thinking of you!!(have been all week )

where can we send flowers? cards? chicken feathers? (we want to feel loved!)

be good, and do what Jiff tells ya!!
Old 08-06-2003, 08:53 PM   #10  

awwww, Robin, you are so nice!!!! Keep saying those prayers!!!!

The best thing you can do for me is to keep on your low carb program. You have done so well and come so far. Don't let it get away from you as it did me.

Send the feathers to Debkay...she loves them!!!!!

(not really...I think they give her the willies!!!!)

love you!
peach
Old 08-06-2003, 09:06 PM   #11  
she who must be obeyed

feathers + debkay = major willies!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2003, 10:58 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Okay Peach, what bar is this that you are talking about ?
Have I _______ anyone there ? OOOPS haaaaaaaaaaaaa..
Old 08-07-2003, 03:38 PM   #13  
Hang In There

Peachie, I've been thinking about you all week too! I know things are going to be wonderful and all you skinny ladies won't even let me write in your thread any more!!!

Let's see.... WHERE DID I PUT THAT CHRISTMAS CARD LIST???

Anyway put me on the phone list, or tree, or branch, whatever...

my new Cell Phone number is BUT during the day call me toll free at 1-888-521-5273 ext 106. Since My cell phone has unlimited LD hours and our business line is a toll free line, I can make any calls to anyone you need me to.

Even if it's just to say she's out of surgery, let all raise our margaritta glasses!!!

Last edited by ageoldie; 08-10-2003 at 10:35 PM.
Old 08-07-2003, 07:10 PM   #14  

sheeesh...now your drinking the rittas, Barb? I couldn't be more delighted!!! No matter what, you can always post here. Thank you for the well wishes and thoughts, I appreciate them. Barb? I don't think you should post your phone numbers on the site. Maybe send them to Janice or Debbie via pm.

Leenie, sweetie, I don't think you__________ blanked anyone there....last time I was there I scrubbed your phone number off the bathroom stall. So you should be ok!!!

anything for a friend!

I'm starting to get excited about Monday!

thanks!!
peach
ps...Leenie.....? do you think we need to be moderated?
Old 08-09-2003, 10:11 AM   #15  

Prayers ware with you on Monday
Closed Thread