100 lb. Club - I Want A Baby!!!!

View Full Version : I Want A Baby!!!!

Sandi
08-05-2003, 01:31 PM
Ok, so we saw Angi set her sights on adopting a baby - she reached her goal and now we have pictures of Baby Elijah.

Now it's my turn to set a goal and meet it.

I want to have another baby. My doctor has said that she wouldn't want me to get pregnant above the weight of 250 (due to prior complications). So that's my goal - get to 250 and see if I can get pregnant (took me 5 years to have Jacob). Unfortunately, I am not getting any younger (36 in December) and I need to get this done. According to my calculations, if I lose a steady 2 lbs a week, I should be able to accomplish this by mid-January. But I plan on really doing this, so My goal is 250 by Jan 1. Also considering my high weight, it should come off faster at first.

Here is to getting this weight off and having another baby!!!

gonzostar
08-05-2003, 01:36 PM
how exciting! so you better be good and pregnant in chicago! it's a great goal to work toward, and we're all here for you!

Sandi
08-05-2003, 01:59 PM
Wouldn't that be a great place to announce the news!!! :) :)

SuchAPrettyFace
08-05-2003, 02:25 PM
You know that practice makes perfect & also burns a lot of calories, right? :dz: Good luck, Sandi!

irishwings
08-05-2003, 02:28 PM
That's great Sandi! Blessings to you on this new and wonderful endeavor!!!! :D

Goddess Jessica
08-05-2003, 02:55 PM
Sounds like fun! At least the getting pregnant part. ;)

Good luck!

bella23
08-05-2003, 03:38 PM
Good goal! I wish you all the best and hope to see you good and preg. !!!

Bella23

missaprylj
08-05-2003, 04:37 PM
Yay! More good news. Good luck with the weight loss and reaching your other goal too! Heehee. I can't wait for that announcement. Have a great week. -Apryl

Sheila53
08-05-2003, 04:49 PM
All right! What a wonderful goal! I'm so excited for you.

mthrgoos68
08-06-2003, 08:52 AM
Sandi, Such a great goal, I'm so excited for you!

Also, during pregnancy, it's a great chance to continue to get healthier. Your metabolism is faster when you're pregnant and it's easier to take good care of yourself and still lose weight while pregnant.

During my last pregnancy, I gained weight during the first 4 months, but then during the last 5 months I focused on getting healthy and dropped a quick 60 pounds during those last 5 months of the pregnancy. When he was born, I felt better than ever before, was up walking around just hours after he was born, and had a very easy time of it. He was still a healthy 8 pounds, and I was about 75 pounds thinner by the time he was born. I just ate healthy and walked for 30 minutes every day during that last part of my pregnancy.

Of course after he was born, I was much too tired to take care of myself or to care about my weight and put it all back on. Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!

I'm excited for you and look forward to watching you reach your goal!! I know you'll do it!!

rochemist
08-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Go for it Sandi! GOOD HARD WORK!
Miss Chris

Ruby2000
08-06-2003, 01:10 PM
I want to have a baby too!

I'm 32 years old and my husband and I have been ready to have a baby for the last 5 years. However, my weight has kept me from getting pregnant. I know if I get pregnant now, it will be too stressful on my health as well as the baby's. :(

My pre-baby goal weight is 200 pounds. At 200 I should be able to conceive and give birth with very little complications. :)

gonzostar
08-06-2003, 02:56 PM
sandi, i love your little baby countdown!!

suzie76
08-06-2003, 07:19 PM
Sandi,

Hugs! And best of luck with your goal.

No one should ever try to lose weight while they are pregnant. That can be harmful to the baby.

Sherry

Raelynn
08-06-2003, 07:54 PM
Yay Sandi, what an awesome goal to work towards! :)

KittyMilk
08-06-2003, 08:16 PM
Wow, congrats! :balloons:

How exciting! :)

AngiKL
08-06-2003, 11:06 PM
SANDI!
I wholeheartedly support you! It's totally worth the effort!

I love your little count-down too! Now it's "Jacob and baby I promise you!"

Go Sandi Go Sandi Go Sandi!!!!

mthrgoos68
08-07-2003, 08:05 AM
Sherry, If you're overweight to begin with you can safely lose weight while pregnant and not harm the baby or yourself. I did it and was much healthier when I delivered than if I hadn't lost the weight.

synger
08-07-2003, 08:51 AM
One should not lose excessive weight or strictly limit calories during pregnancy. But when you're really heavy, eating good food and exercising moderately (which we often do for the first time when pregnant) will still bring pounds off safely.

My doctor put me on a 2000 calorie diet when I was pregnant (not QUITE gestational diabetes, but because some of the indicators were there she wanted me to eat properly anyway). No matter what else, if your body is so heavy that it needs 3000+ calories to maintain its weight and you only give it 2000, you're gonna lose.

Getting the right nutrition and enough calories for both you and your baby seems to be the concern most OB-GYNs have. This is the sentiment most often seen as:

Do not try to lose weight if you are pregnant. If you do not eat enough calories or a variety of foods, your baby will not get the nutrients he or she needs to grow. (NIH pamphlet)

So if you're eating right and exercising, and making sure to get enough calories (2000-2500), you may still lose some weight during pregnancy. Of course, I'd talk it over with your doctor, too. She should be able to tell you more specifically what your caloric needs are.

The reason I'm interested in this, and why Sandi is such an inspiration, is that we'd like to get pregnant, too. Gem is almost 3, and it took us a long time to get pregnant with her. I'm gonna by 39 in a few days, so we can't wait too much longer.

So let's make 2004 the Year of the Babies for the 100lb. Club! /grin