Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Tuesday, August 5

Good Morning Chickadees!

Everybody busy this morning? I'm drinking my 2nd cup of coffee and answering the silly phone.

I got up at 5:00 this morning and did a walking video by Leslie Sansone called "Walking Strong". It has walking segments that are interrupted by weight segments (actually she uses a stretchie band thing). I think this is called interval training. Actually, I didn't care for it. Felt like I was wasting my time while doing the weight segments bec it went so slow and messed up my walk. lol Also I don't care for squats at all, they make my knees hurt. Needless to say that video is going to the bottom of my stack and won't be used often.

Tip? how was yall's first day on SBD?

Leenie? you busy at work this morning?

Liz? you must be busy - we miss your posts - would love for you to join us on the daily food journal posts.

Cin? you busy lady?

Lynnie? what program are you doing? you are doing great with the weightloss! awesome!

Judomom? how ya doing?

April? I looked at ediets but when I saw there was a charge I didn't get much further. Will you be doing this rather than ww? or kind of a combination? keep us posted as to how it is going and how you like ediets.

LindaT? Sweetpea? are yall lurking? sure miss you guys! I saw Kamari in chat last night - she said to tell yall hi. And also emmi. Remember her? she hasn't been around for about a year she said but asked about yall.

Well I've got lots to do, better get to it!

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 08-05-2003, 10:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Hi Ladies,

I haven't posted in almost a week or so.. life is hectic. The baby is teething and he has been screaming for hours at the evening/bedtime..he is so miserable then-even with baby orajel and baby tylenol. He was crying/screaming so bad that I wanted to bawl with him.

I didn't have a loss last week..so..what did I do?? (not the smart thing..) I indulged even MORE at bedtime..thankfully I haven't had a gain. AND I can fit into a 12..tightly, depending. So..here I hover, at 180 pounds. I lost 18 pounds in 4 weeks..I hope that I am not platauing..and I hope that I can renew my motivation to keep it up. I haven't slacked in exercise but I am struggling with the healthy eating. I did get some renewed motivation though when I was sorting through some photos from earlier this year that someone had taken at our church. I looked *awful*...I wanted to bawl knowing that was what I looked like to others...but, I regress. (Just wondering why no one told me I looked like the Good Year blimp...) But anyways.. Better late than never. ONWARD!!!

I hope that you all are well. We have had some scary storms in southern Indiana..though not as bad as some other parts have been.

Later gals,
Old 08-05-2003, 10:33 AM   #3  
Divine Gal

Good Morning
This morning I feel really tired.I got a phone call last night from a friend at 1:00am.She was so upset.Her mom is in the hospital.So I talked to her for a bit.Looks as though we might be getting some rain today?
Cathy I am doing WW especially after I saw how good my mom looked.

Thanks ladies for all the support. Hope you all have a great day.

Lynnie
Old 08-05-2003, 12:40 PM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Jenni, Lynnie, Cathy & Everyone to follow....

Jenni, have you tried giving the baby Tylenol, I know it does wonders for my little one who still doesn't have all her teeth. I just can't see them suffering, I'd rather give them the meds. At first I was like ooohh I don't want to give them to much but then after you see how much it hurts, you give it to them. Also they have those cold rings you can put in the frig to help them numb the gums.

I'm home today, my little one has such a rash that has spread like wild fire in the past 2 days so I took her to the Dr. today. Got some medication, she is really hurting, poor thing. Went to the store to buy some extra large over night diapers so she can wear w/out her wee wee touching or rubbing against anything.

So here I sit at home Just put her in for a nap and I think I'm gonna lay down myself.

Have a good one all !!

Leenie
Old 08-05-2003, 12:50 PM   #5  

Good morning everyone

Cathy......I am going to do ediets instead of WW....the cost is $5 a week...US....so I don't know how much that is Canadian.
They gave me an eating program...with menus....if I don't like something....I can substitute another food.
They also gave me a fitness program....I will keep you posted about how I am doing. I weighed in last Saturday....so far I have lost 3 pounds....I am on my 4th day of doing it.

Going to go have breakfast....just checking in. See you later.

April
Closed Thread