South Beach Diet - My first day on SBD

View Full Version : My first day on SBD

agb1
08-04-2003, 08:31 PM
Today is my first day and I hope I didn't screw up. I felt a sore throat coming on today and grabbed a lozenge without realizing it had sugar in it. I did go to the store today and bought sugar-free lozenges just in case. My second mistake was I opened a can of pop thinking it was diet but it was regular. I took one sip when I realized it was not diet. DH always buys diet and I didn't think of looking too closely when I took the one sip. I poured it out so I wouldn't drink the rest.

Here's what I had today:

Breakfast
2 eggs scrambled
2 slices turkey bacon

Snack
1 mozz stick

Lunch
Chef's Salad with broccoli, cukes, mushrooms. 2% cheese, 1 slice turkey ham, 1 slice turkey with Balsaminic Viniagrette

Snack
15 peanuts

Dinner
Fish - cooked in 1 tsp canola oil
Steamed brocooli w/I can't believe it's not butter spray

Snack
1/2 ricotta dessert with 1 tsp. SF chocolate pudding mix

I'm thinking about having some SF jello for one more snack.

So be honest, did I do okay?

Nikkiloo
08-04-2003, 08:33 PM
agb1:

Perfect ........... congratulations!!!

Kathy

Suzanne 3FC
08-04-2003, 08:37 PM
You did great!!!!!!!!!! Every day will get easier, too. Sometimes it's nice to have a good plan to stick to. I wouldn't worry about the accidental foods, it happens to all of us every now and then! I was loving my cucumbers with seasoned rice vinegar, till I made the mistake of reading the label, lol. 5 g carbs (all sugar) per one tablespoon!

:bravo:

Laked
08-04-2003, 09:14 PM
Great start! --with lots of water I hope!
Planning for the day helps ward off any problms! Hope day 2 and every day there after is a great one!

Ruthxxx
08-04-2003, 09:26 PM
Welcome! It does get easier. Don't worry about minor slips! we all do it and jsut get back on track. Your menu for today looks just fine.

agb1
08-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Thank you all for your support! I feel alot better now.

LADY WINDSONG
08-05-2003, 06:16 AM
WONDERFUL

Keep it up

Lady :flow1: