South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 06:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Chit Chat for 1/22

Good morning!

Schools are opening on time this morning and the roads seem to be fine after yesterday's snow. We only ended up with a coating after all the hoopla and schools closing at noon. I left work at 11 to get home before it started, and now I feel foolish. But it's best to be prepared, I guess.

So today looks to be my only full day of work this week, then my weekend starts. Whew, I feel like I've been on vacation!
Old 01-22-2015, 07:12 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Right! Today is Linda's Friday! I hope you enjoyed your really short week.

This is Angus The Puppy Day and also the Mill Planning Meeting day. I'm not quite sure how I will manage this but ...

Did some more sorting and deciding yesterday and have several boxes of books ready - some to keep and some to sell at the Mill Book Sale in March. I have a box of cookbooks to go because I use the net for most things. I just am keeping the ones I use most often. Who needs three copies of Mastering The Art of French Cooking? I also sorted a basket of clothes - some new and needing alterations and some "outgrown" i.e. new but snug.

Right now I'm going to get a meatloaf made and ready to pop into the oven for dinner - Karen is coming - and organize the back room as a "doggie dorm". Angus is accustomed to sleeping with his dog-mum but I want him to sleep with the rest of the pack. We'll see how that goes tonight.

Enjoy your day, whatever it brings and do something nice for yourself. (I am going to give my hands the olive oil and surgical gloves treatment while I make the meatloaf!)
Old 01-22-2015, 07:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Linda glad the snow wasn't terrible and happy Friday to you.

Ruth enjoy your pampering lol. Good luck with Angus (cute name)

I surprised Joe by making empanadas last night. They are time consuming so I made 20. DS loves them too. I've improved them to be P2. One day I may venture making my own pockets, but for now Goya will do. The leftover meat mixture will go to the freezer. I'll have that with veggies as a work meal.

Today I have to take DS for his pre employment drug test. Then, I know he will love this, we are going to Trader Joe's. Otherwise nothing on the agenda.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 01-22-2015, 08:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cottage - we actually got more snow than you did! I think DH said 3". It was a good choice to call off school early, the roads were wicked yesterday afternoon.

Ruth - Mmmm, meatloaf sounds great, I need to get that on the menu. I hope Angus behaves with his sleepover!

Jennifer - Sounds like a pleasant day, hope you enjoy!

Well, my PA didn't say anything I didn't expect yesterday - I'm just slow to heal and need to be patient. (I AM NOT PATIENT) I just hope and pray that the spinal cord changes are slow to heal, and not permanent. No way to know except time. I am okay to drive, so I'll start doing managing stuff this week and next week, then start working on the second. I thought of working a little bit next week, but that might be too much too fast (never mind harder for my manager to figure out how to pay me...).

I have so many errands to do too, but need to make sure to hold myself back! I normally wear dansko clogs, but even under normal circumstances I slip in those because they're so loose, and I still stumble a bit...so I need to find brown flats that have good support. So far, they're not easy to find! DH's bday is next week, so I need to pick something up for that, but I think I'll put that on tomorrow's list.

Food wise - leftovers!
Old 01-22-2015, 09:09 AM   #5  

Tammy patience is so difficult I know, but trust in your PA and listen to your body. Did you look into Keen or Merrell. Merrell, Keen and Clark's make good quality supportive shoes. Also, Cabela's has great options that might work for you......then again for work I wear 5.11 black work boots so I am definitely not a fashionista lol
Old 01-22-2015, 09:24 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I can't complain about our weather this week we have been in the 40's all week. Today and Tomorrow I am wfh so trying to get caught up on stuff that I have pushed to the side for more pressing issues. Working on finish up reports for 2014 goals and documenting our 2015 goals.

Hard to believe in a little over a week I will be in Phoenix for a week for work conference, not going to lie looking forward to the warmer weather there.

Cottage better to be safe than sorry

Ruth hope you get everything done today that you need to get done

Jekel did your DS decide on full time or part time for the job

Tywnn well it's good news that you know your are slow to heal so that means there a possibility that you will improve

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-22-2015, 09:24 AM   #7  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Sat w/ DH this morning discussing events of yesterday. Fresh snow and cold today. Paperwork is in the forecast. Perhaps one day of normalcy.

Tammy, here we have these healthy footwear stores where you can try every comfy shoe made. That's how I found my work shoes. Now I just buy the same pair over and over. The store I go to has a retired podiatrist working. He took my desired pair and added extra padding on the tongue so which got rid of a slippage issue.

Jennifer, I've still never been to Trader Joes.

Linda, happy Friday!

Ruth, thanks for getting is stated. Have a fun pup filled day!
Old 01-22-2015, 10:20 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

Hi friends,
Well, I was shocked to get on the scale today to find that I have lost 5.6 lbs. since January 1. I'm sure at least 2-3 of that was water weight from the holidays. I feel like I've cheated a lot but my cheats have been small (i.e. pasta at a meal, but a reasonable portion), so maybe the exercise is kicking in. Who knows? I'll take it!

I had to administer a big event last night and today is clean up and planning for my next big event which is in two weeks, but should be less troublesome than the one last night. I am the Continuing Legal Education officer here which is very administrative (rather than creative), but I really do enjoy the "pat-ness" of it. There are very few grey areas - and I can't deal with grey areas generally, but especially not now.

Today just work (I have a lunchtime free, which is very unusual. Not sure what I will do!) and then this afternoon my son has a recognition ceremony for the peer mediation training he has been doing. How cute is that, they are all 10 years old. Then we're meeting my friend and her son for dinner. We were going to meet at a pizza place where I have been dying to try the pizza, but I switched it to a different pizza place where I can get a salad instead. Hope everyone has a great day today!
Old 01-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all - quick check in as I am typing with one hand - may have broken right thumb. I went into the fridge door to get NSA coconut milk ice cream for DW instead of the freezer, whose door was actually open!

Find out tomorrow whats next but ER put fiberglass splint on it...oye. Still OP though, lol

Hope you are all well
Old 01-22-2015, 11:18 AM   #10  

Ouch Jenn hope you didn't break it!

Matilda awesome job on your weight loss. I find if I exercise consistently I can a enjoy a not so OP food choice without much fluctuation. Have fun tonight.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:32 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey everyone, what a bunch of chatter I missed earlier!

Jennifer, what did DS decide about the job? Full or part time? Actually, that is great he found a job, it can be tough right now.
Matilda, last Friday I was very happy to be down 3.5 pounds, then Monday I was back up; you guessed it -TOM. I am drinking lots of water and hoping this weekend to be back down again.Ugh.
Jenn, OUCH! Hope it heals quickly.
Ruth, I was going to make meatloaf yesterday but DH wanted tacobake. I'll make meatloaf next week. I've got a new pan to try out.

Sub-zero again this morning, but that tends to mean sunshine so I'm always happy about that. And January is coming to a close soon. Spring is just around the corner.

Have a good evening, all.
Old 01-22-2015, 07:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Good evening everyone! Sorry I’ve been a slacker and haven’t posted. I’ve just been feeling really lazy and unmotivated. I’ve kept up with the program though so that’s good. In the past when I got to feeling like this I would eat anything in sight. I kept it together this time so I’m really proud of myself for that! And the scale rewarded me - 2.5# this week!!

Linda - I’d rather feel foolish than get hurt in an accident! Glad you didn’t get the craziness that was forecast.

Ruth - I really need to let go of some of my cookbooks. I use the computer for most everything now too.

Jennifer - Would you share your P2 empanada recipe? We are getting a Trader Joe’s really soon - I noticed they put the sign on the building this week. I’ve heard they are great but have never been. Any shopping tips?

Tammy - Congrats on getting your wheel privileges restored! Sending you good healing wishes!!

Pearlrose - Have fun on your trip to Phoenix - I’ll be there in August for work and I’m not looking forward to it as much as I would be if the trip were next week.

Debbie - Praying for several days of normalcy for you!! I just bought some Clarke’s for our trip - hope they are as comfy as everyone says.

Matilda - Congrats on the loss!!

Jenn - Oh no!! I hope it’s not broken and that it heals really fast.

Beth - Yea for Spring!!!

Well…I need to go get dinner started. Everyone have a great night and I’ll try to check in earlier tomorrow.
Closed Thread