South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 04:12 PM   #1  

Red face First day on the beach...

And I am so stinking hungry! I have been on WW for a long time and thought that this would help me get out of my slump but I just don't know what to eat. I am so hungry. He says to eat cheese and nuts. Well I did that and it did not help. Do you really not need to worry about quantity in order to be successful on this WOE because I am hungry. Any input/suggestions would be appreciated.

(Oh by the way, Hi everyone. My name's Jodi! )
Old 08-04-2003, 05:54 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome, Jodi. Do you have the book? You should eat as much as you want of the allowed good foods until you feel satisfied. maybe you could post your foods so the Chicks can take a look.
Old 08-04-2003, 08:45 PM   #3  
it's always something

Hi Jodi!

I find that drinking a glass of V-8 really helps me feel full! Sugar free jello is also a good thing to snack on for a lot of people.

My first day was probably my hardest, too, but it gets so much easier with every day that passes! Ruth is right, though, you should be able to fill up on a lot of foods with this diet. There are very few foods which you would limit.

Stay busy, too Go to chat, or watch a good movie. Anything to take your mind off of food. When you go to bed tonight, you'll know you made it through day 1, and tomorrow will be easier!

good luck
Old 08-05-2003, 12:38 AM   #4  

Thanks ladies for your responses. I do have the book. Here is what I have eaten today.

Brunch:
3 egg omelette w/ mushrooms, onions, and mozzarella cheese.

snack:
2 pieces of turkey breast wrapped around 2 pieces of mozzarella cheese, 20 peanuts.

Dinner:
Salad
Chicken breast
cauliflower and broccoli with light velveeta
taco salad.

a few more peanuts

That's about it. I've also drank about 120 oz of water today. I know I am missing a meal but I got to sleep in this morning while DF took care of the kids so I didn't get up until lunch time. Any input you ladies could give me would be appreciated. Thanks for the warm welcome and any help.
Old 08-05-2003, 02:30 AM   #5  
Captain of MY Destiny!

Default Welcome!

Jodi, your menu for yesterday sounds great! Very "beach worthy"!

As you noted, you did "miss" a meal so of course your caloric intake for the day is lower than it would have been. You might try a snack of veggies and hummus. I find that very satisfying and filling. Then there is the ricotta desert...great if you have a sweet tooth to contend with.

My first few days on SBD I felt like I did nothing BUT eat! Seriously, I thought "no way is this working!" but it did, it really did! Don't let yourself get hungry if you can help it....3 meals, 2 healthy snacks, ricotta desert, and don't forget the 75 "sweet" calories...FF fudgsicle is my current fave!

Good luck and let us know how you are doing!
Old 08-05-2003, 03:30 PM   #6  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

WELCOME JODI!!!!! I live in MI too!! (Royal Oak)
Old 08-05-2003, 06:29 PM   #7  

Thanks for the advice Frannymae.
Thanks Dentrassi. I am in the thumb area of the state.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:21 PM   #8  

JodiBelle:

Don't know how many eggs you can stand but if I'm starving I'mm make a few deviled eggs ... that usually does the trick ....
Old 08-05-2003, 10:12 PM   #9  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Jodi-Dreamweaver lives near Kalamazoo, which makes a triangle of sorts. Let's call it the Michigan triangle and lose a lot of weight in it!!
Old 08-06-2003, 07:49 AM   #10  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking Welcome aboard!

Hi Jodibelle frm Jodiebelle in Texas! Ur menu is fine..I find myself eating huge salads to curb hunger,all the ruffage u can add makes the digestive system hv to wrk harder and burns up more calories and fat LOL...........GOFISHIN
Closed Thread