Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-19-2015, 07:58 PM   #1  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

Default Coming back after a long time.

Hello,

I'm Martina and it has been years since I was last here. When I came here frequently, I loved it here. I was losing weight steadily and I loved the people. Then I had a few surgeries, and other life obstacles and stopped coming here.

I'm BACK!!!

So here is my introduction. I'll be 38 at the end of the month. I'm a burlesque performer. I also help run a chapter in a nonprofit organization that helps Veterans and military. I'm 214 pounds and a size 20. I'm satisfied with my size and shape. That is not the reason I want to lose weight. I am facing more health issues than I was the last time I was here.

I now have PCOS and my sugar level was on the border of being high, so my neurologist (I have seizures and neuropathy) ordered an A1C, and I find out those results soon. In the past, I haven't been diabetic and I am hoping I am not diabetic now. And I have scoliosis and arthritis in my back and knees. About 3 years ago I was physically unable to walk up and down steps, but I can do it now! Slowly, but I can do it.

My back issues put me in pain, as does my neuropathy. I also have sleep apnea. I deal with other issues too (I have 3 diagnosed mental illnesses).

So in short, I am here completely for health reasons. I have a really good self esteem so my body size doesn't bother me. But my body health does bother me. I need to change things in that respect.

I hope you will welcome me back!!!
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:44 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6.5"

Welcome back Martina! Sounds like you're doing it for the right reasons

I have very similar weight/goals as you. Feel free to come by our "30-Something" Jan Chat....we just got it going.
Laura78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:30 PM   #3  
little by little

S/C/G: 220/215/150

Height: Five foot two

Thanks!!! I will check it out!!
Martina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 05:42 PM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

ooOOOOooo a burlesque performer! What an awesome job! I'm envious!

Welcome back! I have a couple of the same health issues as you (back problems, arthritis in my hip) and I can tell you that taking extra weight off definitely can help in those areas. So it is worth the effort to do it!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote