Old 01-19-2015, 05:09 PM   #1  
Counting bites!

S/C/G: 282/255/130

Height: 5'5"

Default The Tracy Anderson Method for Beginners

I bought this DVD last week and decided to start it today.
It includes 2 30 minute workouts, but the first one is kind of a bust. The second one is good though.
I'm going to go public with my stats so that anyone interested in the DVD can see what the guaranteed results are actually like.

I'm not following the TA diet because I like my thyroid and I don't want it to go kaput on the 500 calories or so a day the diet allows.

I'm currently not using the recommended weights.

I may also incorporate her mat workout and dance workout if I decide to order them from Amazon.

I'll try and update daily for accountability.

Here we go:

Day 1 1/19/15

Weight: 265
Neck: 16"
Chest: 47"
Bust: 51"
Under bust: 45"
Waist/ belly button: 47.5/52"
Hips: 54"
Right thigh: 28"
Right calf: 18.25"
Right upper arm: 18"

Last edited by izzyboomama; 01-19-2015 at 05:10 PM.
izzyboomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:19 PM   #2  
Counting bites!

Just finished day two! I only kicked my toddler in the face once he decided to run headlong into my thigh. Made me thankful to still be fat, lol and he sat reasonably still after that. He actually did the warm up and tried some of the arm moves with me. He also enjoyed counting with Tracy and when the DVD was over he said "Tracy nap. We watch Peter now". He'd had enough!

I ordered the beginners cardio, beginners precision toning and her regular mat workout last night off of Amazon.

From what I've gathered, The Method is based on constantly changing your workout routine; TA recommends changing workouts every 10 days and not going back to old ones. As luck would have it, this is also a pretty awesome marketing strategy! Go her!
You're also supposed to tack on an extra 30 minutes of cardio (preferably dance) to her workouts.

Since I'm not made of money and since the DVD promises results after 30 days with no mention of additional cardio I'm sticking with it for 30 days and not adding much on top of it. I will use my elliptical when the mood strikes, but that's about it.

Today I only did workout 2, which is the toning workout.
Old 01-23-2015, 08:05 AM   #3  
Counting bites!

Well, after an unplanned 2 day break from Tracy, I'm back at it again! She is still kicking my butt, but I'm starting to fast forward through all the explanations. I hate that there are these huge pauses in activity so she can explain her theories to me.