Old 01-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #1  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Default I Dont Understand It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont understand how I can walk outside for more then an hour like I did yesterday without any pain and yet today I wasnt even walking for 5 mins before the pain started. I just dont understand it.
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

It's hard to say what could have caused this. Pain can come from different things. Have you been walking all along, or did you just get back to it recently. If you just started back walking, it's possible that you overdid it yesterday and are paying for it today. A lot of people say to work through the pain, but if it's an injury, you don't want to make it worse. If you can, cut back to shorter walks, maybe doing 2 short walks per day, and work up to more time. If the pain continues, maybe you need to see your doctor.

Good luck to you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #3  

Are you sore from yesterday? Maybe your hour yesterday was too much? Like Wannabehealthy said, maybe 2 short walks a day will be easier. When I first started, I was almost 350lbs and couldn't even do 10 minutes at a time. I started to build up to 10 minutes in the morning, afternoon and night and wow, was it hard. I thought I'd never improve.

You shouldn't be in pain from walking so please be careful and maybe see your doctor. It's ok to be sore but pain means something is wrong.

By the way, meant to tell you I love your new profile picture. So pretty!
TheLastStraw323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 05:46 PM   #4  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

It's pretty common to be sore the day after exercise you're not accustomed to (the day after the day after is often even worse), but if you frequently have unpredictable or unexplainable pain and/or fatigue, you could have fibromyalgia or rheumatoid arthritis (or one of the many other inflammatory autoimmune issues).

I'm not suggesting that you need to run to the doctor for a diagnosts unless symptoms are troublesome, but regardless, you might find a health journal helpful in finding and understanding patterns in any health symptom you're concerned with, such as pain.

When I was in the process of being diagnosed and treated (for what would be diagnosed as fibromyalgia and autoimmune disease affecting my joints, skin, and respiratory system), I bought a book from amazon, called MemoryMinder Personal Health Journal) Health Diary and Symptoms Log (now sold under the title HEALTHMINDER Personal Wellness Journal).

I found it extremely helpful in identifying symptom patterns I might not have noticed if I weren't tracking the various factors involved. For example, it was through symptom logginng that I found that weather change, especially dramatic barometric pressure change, were triggering pain and other symptom flare.

The log also helped me (eventually) learn what kinds of pain I needed to avoid exercising with, and which kinds of pain I could safely ignore and "work through."
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 06:30 PM   #5  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

Thanks everyone for your replies
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 09:13 PM   #6  
There and Back Again

S/C/G: 300/289/213

Height: 5'2"

It could be your shoes. They wear out fairly fast, especially if you are overweight. Walkers and Runners say to replace them often. I got a bump on the bottom of my foot from not having proper shoes. It was near a nerve bundle and it hurt until my doc put a steroid shot in it and gave me anti-inflammatory medicine to help it heal. That was only caused because I kept pushing myself through the pain and using those shoes. Otherwise it may've healed sooner.
tootsieroll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 01:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

did you cool down after your walking. I did 6 miles yesterday and forgot to cool down and was feeling the pain a few hours after.
TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote