Dieting with Obstacles Those with special health concerns such as diabetes, fibromyalgia, pregnancy, etc can post here for extra support and help.

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 03:06 PM   #1  

Angry Just a Daily Chat

Hi Silk, Angel and welcome Sugarball (Paula). Nice to have you with us.

I was so busy yesterday! My son and family came over int he afternoon, and my brother and SIL came for dinner. That kept me hopping. This afternoon, my daughter and family are coming over. I am so tired today - fatigue time I guess. I sure hope it passes. Oh well, no matter what, I love to see them all

Well ladies, since I am having fatigue today, I am also a bit foggy, and can't remember anything anybody said That is terrible, but hopefully tomorrow will be a clearer day. I hate living in the land of the fog

I do hope that you are all doing well and that you all enjoyed your weekend. Here, in Alberta, it is a long weekend. We love those!

Sugarball - yes, we are all about the same age here.
Old 08-04-2003, 06:01 PM   #2  

Hi Ladies!

Here I was, looking at threads and I see Angel hangs out here! Thought I would pop in to say "Hi". Boy, you guys are chatty.

Silk: So sorry to hear about your mom and brother. Just thinking about losing any of my brothers hurts. Course one still likes to get me in a headlock and says, "Tell me you love me or I'll lick your glasses".....I'd EVEN miss him. Just remember the good times and know that you will be together again one day...that he is still with you now.

Sorry to hear about your house Angel. Sounds like hubby has a Bob Villa streak..... Lucky you!

Hope you guys are staying cool!!!!

Deb
Old 08-04-2003, 08:43 PM   #3  

Thanks for filling me in Happy Canuck I am not very good at this computer stuff.

We had a fair amount of rain this weekend but all in all it was not bad. Compared to the hot, dry weather they are having in the west we have no complaints.

I could not eat anything today as I am having that test tomorrow, not that not eating for a day will hurt me. I am nervous about it more about what they might find then the actual test.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Take care
Silk
Old 08-04-2003, 09:37 PM   #4  

Default Hi

That darn Atkins ad makes me mad!! Everytime I come on here, I forget to put on my popup stopper and up pops that stupid ad. I know it is necessary, but gee it sure is annoying.

Anyway, the reason for this post, is to let you know about a wonderful site for Newbies. I have belonged to this for over a year and have learned so much. When you sign up, they send a tutorial newsletter every week and that is where I learned. I have only had my computer for just over 3 years.

I will post this site and you can go look around.

http://newbieclub.com/:)
Old 08-04-2003, 10:58 PM   #5  

Hi everybody....It's been a very long day...won't go into it. I did that on another thread, so I'll spare you! You lucky people!!!!

Silk....I'll be thinking about you tomorrow! Think positive thoughts...let us know how you are, soon as you can.

Hi Grasshopper.....good to hear from you! Yep, I saw Silk's post one day...needing someone to talk to...& yes, we ARE chatty! Hope you stay with us. You're very

Yes, husband can do a lot towards building a house. A lot of it comes with hard times. He's learned to do what he's had to!

Happy Canuk...I've only had my computer for 1 1/2 years, so I'll check the site out, also....thanks. Sorry about your fatigue...I certainly understand that, with RA.

Hope all have a good evening.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:51 PM   #6  

Hi All!

Hope everyone had a "cool" day....both mentally and physically. Felt like we had 110% humidity here. No news from the doc yet about friday's tests. Guess I'll have to sit by the phone tomorrow.

Deb
Old 08-06-2003, 12:13 AM   #7  

Angry Hello

Hope you all had a great day. The wind is blowing like mad here. I hope it isn't doing the same in Southern Alberta, where we have a massive fire burning. It seems that British Columbia and Alberta are on fire. All that beautiful mountain scenery will be gone for many years. I feel so bad for the people that have lost their homes. My nephew was evacuated from his home, up in a ski resort near Kamloops B.C. The fire was at the base of the mountain and working it's way up. However, losing a house is a lot better than losing your life!!!

Silk - I hope your tests went well today, and that you are not feeling to awful. At least it is now over.

Angel - I love my computer and would be totally lost without it. It really helps me divert pain when I can use it doing things I enjoy. I really enjoy playing in PSP - not great at it yet, but learning. My husband loves building houses. That seems to be his passion and he is good at it. Perfers to build from scratch instead of renos, but will do those if necessary.

Grasshopper - glad to have you join us. It's just a general chat not slotted for anything Hope you hear something about those tests tomorrow. It is hard waiting. That hot, humid weather is coming to Alberta. It is going to be 29C tomorrow, but humid so it will be a bad day for FM and arthritis. Both my buddies will be acting up. Wish I could spank them and send them to bed, but it just doesn't seem to work
Old 08-06-2003, 03:14 AM   #8  

Hi Happy!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:25 PM   #9  

Hi Angel and Paula, I haven't heard from you for a few days, I hope nothing is wrong.

I am going in for sugery tomorrow as they found a blockage in my kidneys. Hopefully they can remove whatever it is without too much trouble.

I miss chatting with you, take care.

Silk
Old 08-06-2003, 08:00 PM   #10  

Hi Silk.......I'm sorry I haven't been on much. We've been having some really bad storms off & on for a few days now. I keep my computer unplugged a lot, because of it. After the fire, I don't want to take a chance of losing anything! I did post to you Tuesday...hope you read it.

I'm so sorry you have to have surgery tomorrow. What are they going to do? Do they have any idea what kind of blockage? I know you probably won't even get this post until afterwards, but I'm just concerned. I've had you on my mind...others also.

Know that I'm praying for you.....let me know something as soon as you can.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:10 PM   #11  

Hi Candice.

Silk - sorry to be so late in answering your post. My goodness, I sure hope it is nothing serious. I guess they have to get in there to try to find out. I sure will keep you in my prayers.

Angel - I believe we are in for some thunderstorms tonight as well. Haven't had rain for so long, and Alberta is on fire. Scary situation. Sure don't need more lightening, but I guess we will get what we will get.

Hi grasshopper, hope your day was good.
Old 08-06-2003, 08:39 PM   #12  

Hi Happy Canuk....I meant to ask you about your nephew. If everything was alright with him. So sorry to hear of the troubles. I certainly know what that is like. I'm also curious as to what you are talking about with PSP. I know it's where you are working on your graphics, etc. (which are great...I'm really enjoying them.) But, is it a website....or a program you buy, or what? I'm curious, but also thought it might be something that might help me pass my time. Thanks...take care.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:44 PM   #13  

Angry Angel

PSP is Paint Shop Pro, a program that you buy. You can get a 30 day free trial at http://www.jasc.com/products/paintshoppro/ if you want to give it a try. It is a great diversion - believe me, you can really lose yourself
Old 08-07-2003, 02:56 AM   #14  

Anne is right..PSP is a wonderful program and you can do so much with it!
Old 08-07-2003, 03:35 PM   #15  

Hi Ladies,

Hmmm, think I'm going to have to chose a thread because I'm getting redundant! Could always be worse...no one could read em and I'd be talking to myself.

Got the test back but still have questions. Need to see my reg. doc. Was supposed to do that today but my car died. Not too happy about that.

Silk: So sorry to hear you've got to go into the hospital. Hope it's quick and easy. I hate hospitals...hate docters. You'll be in my prayers.

Hmmm, not much to report in my neck of the woods. Wish I could sent all the rain we've been having up north. Feels like we've been under rainclouds for weeks now....no rain, just heat. Such a shame all that natural beauty going up in fire. Then again, nature will always "spruce" herself up. Geez, can you believe I made such a bad pun????

Tomorrow is my birthday. No big plans. Debating getting a new hair cut. Do something different. We'll have to see.

Deb
Closed Thread