South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 06:03 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Moving It Monday - January 12 Chat

Good morning from Winter White Land. The snow we were not supposed to get arrived yesterday so I never got to town. Somehow I doubt that it will happen today as the snow has lost its OFF button.

Spent most of yesterday working on the dumb pink rabbit for Joanne. She had a rather primitive pattern off the Net but no assembly instructions. It's a real challenge but I think I've conquered the hardest part - the ears! Usa Chan

Today things MUST be better. Life is really cranking up this month with end of the year reports and grant applications for summer students. I think I am going to start using my timer and work just an hour on different things. Sure would love a maid and a cook! (Dream on, Ruthie!)

Sheesh! This is sort of a grumbly morning post. Another coffee must be badly needed. Maybe with Baileys?
Old 01-12-2015, 06:10 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Hi Ruth and thanks for getting us started! I'm feeling much the same, starting to think about getting the company books done. (and not really feeling like it) I am off to work soon, but I will check the rabbit link before I sign off.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 01-12-2015 at 06:11 AM.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, and that's a cute rabbit, Ruth. I've never of heard of Usa Chan before.

We have a mini ice storm this morning and schools are on a delay, so I'm going to wait until it warms up before I head over to the farm. No need to be slipping and sliding all over those back roads if I don't have to!
Old 01-12-2015, 07:33 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a much less cold morning here so it was a little easier to get out of bed. I am full on back to work now.

Ruth - I would be your cook but I'm not much of a housekeeper. Cute rabbit, can't wait to see pics. My Mom is obsessed with knitting little animals for her GGS

Debbie - Hope it's a good day

Cottage - eek, be safe out there.

I made yummy white chicken chili last night. We are having so much fun with this elimination diet. The only things I really miss are the evening wine and the ritual with it and cheese, of course. Friday is our first add in day and we are starting with a glass of wine. A girl has to have priorities

I suppose I should get to the work plan for the week. Happy Monday
Old 01-12-2015, 07:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cyndi - lol! Of course wine would be added in first, especially on Friday night. I hope you find a job that makes you happy soon.

Debbie - hope your day goes well

Linda - our kids have a 2 hour delay, but DH says the roads are fine (thank goodness, that means the whole day won't get canceled....it originally said ice til 11 am...momma needs her quiet time!)

Ruth - I think the bunny is adorable! It is Monday, everyone has the right to be cranky today.

Yes, my kids are still sleeping. These late days are great for them, they don't get enough sleep anyway.

Otherwise, I have plans to make Mexican Crockpot for dinner, and that's about it. I think I'll call the doc and ask for more sleepy drugs, it's the only way I sleep thru the night (especially without wine...). I'll see if they think it's unusual to not be improving yet, esp for my age. *sigh*
Old 01-12-2015, 09:08 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Well the ice storm never did hit us thank goodness so made it in safely to work with no issues this morning. I spend most of yesterday in bed never got out of my jammies that cold was kicking my behind but feel better today.

Ruth that is a cute bunny

Debbie it is tax time I started getting paperwork together

Cottage be safe out there

Cyndi that chili sounds great

Tywnn glad to hear that you will be calling doc

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 01-12-2015, 09:27 AM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Cyndi - Elimination diet and "fun" are not usually in the same sentence!

Off to the gym soon this morning. I work this afternoon.

In between I will go shopping. Every time I pack for a trip I am never happy with my clothes! Today I'll be on a mission for some long sleeve shirts. (I know - you'd think I'd have some. But I'm just not thrilled with any I already own.)

I'm also looking for some new wool socks that are thinner than the ones I have. And I just ordered a new battery for my phone which seems to be dying faster every day. Is it any wonder I have a headache today!
Old 01-12-2015, 11:58 AM   #8  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Happy icy morning ladies!

Cyndi - I am with you, I missed wine the most this weekend!!!! But I got through with Sprite Zero and some willpower. Little kids making me run around helped too.

Have fun at the gym Karen!

I am at work after a delay for the ice - took me two hours to get here. I am of the addage that either snow or ice to close things or don't at all!!!

DW is getting her fitbit charge HR delivered today. I ordered the purple one and it won't be in for another 4-6 weeks but am going to try the gym tomorrow morning for a simple 15min walk. it's just sooooo cold out!!

Happy Monday y'all!
Old 01-12-2015, 03:55 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/229.5/165

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I started to say good morning but that has long past gone!! Where is the day going!

Ruth - I agree that the snow has lost it’s off button! When Peanut came in last night from his pre-bed potty break he was covered with snow. I asked him why he was rolling in the snow until I looked out and realized it fell on him not the other way around! Ugh! MMM…the Bailey’s sounds awesome!

Debbie -

Linda - I hope you had a safe trip this morning! Here in CO we don’t get those ice storms thank goodness!

Cyndi - Adding in wine sounds like a good move - I agree, that’s a good priority you have going there!

Tammy - Sending you get feeling better wishes!

Pearlrose - Glad you feel better today and had a safe drive. Ugh…tax time!

Karen - Good luck with the shopping. I’ve been pulling things out of the closet for our trip at the end of the month so I feel your pain.

Jenn - I’ll be curious to hear about your fitbit charge - I have the original fitbit and I like it but it sure would be nice to know what my steps were without having to grab my phone.

Everyone have a wonderful afternoon and evening!
Old 01-12-2015, 07:42 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Busy Monday here. I had a tough time getting out of bed and felt like I was running late this morning (although I made it to work in plenty of time), had a student activity after school, then came home to shovel. We got 4-5 inches today; I'm trying to stay positive and count it as my workout, complete with fresh air.

Finally sitting down and hope to finish my book tonight.

But first, decaf!
Closed Thread