Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 05:52 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Community Daily Chat Friday 1/9/2014

IP Community Daily Chat

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 01-09-2015, 05:56 AM   #2  

Arrow I typos again!

Old 01-09-2015, 06:05 AM   #3  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Happy FRIDAY!

whooo hooo I love Friday. WI this morning and I am down 3 pounds this week. I will take that.

Its funny, the first time I did IP about 3 years ago, my first 2 WI's were much bigger numbers. I was expecting the same result this time. I am doing the same program the same way. I am this time however going through "the change" I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

anyway, a loss is a loss and I am happy about it.

Have a great day everybody
Old 01-09-2015, 06:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

TGIF for those of you that don't work weekends lol

Carol - good job.

Today I am doing errands. Also getting a massage...yeah...

Tomorrow DS and I volunteer at a local animal shelter so early out for us tomorrow....then he has hockey of course tomorroe night... Too many dinners out for me this week...even though I eat on plan at every one, I still feel off.

Hope everyone has a great day. We are having a snow shower right now! I'll never get the rest of the outside decorations off at this rate lol...
Old 01-09-2015, 09:18 AM   #5  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Woo woo it's Friday!

It's a balmy 30 degrees in Massachusetts today, much better than the -15 with wind chill from yesterday Looking forward to a fun weekend, we're doing a joint birthday party for me & my sister in law and watching the Patriots play on Saturday - my other SIL is also going low carb and we talked last night and planned a whole bunch of party food that will be safe for both of us to eat! Going to do some buffalo cauliflower poppers, a big veggie platter, cauliflower crust mini pizzas, and Sweet Fauxtato pie
Old 01-09-2015, 09:21 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Hey everyone! I'm back on track after taking some time off from IP. After Thanksgiving, I was starting to cheat more and more... I could tell that my morale was slipping because I was starting to resent IP for making me feel like I was missing out on some of the holiday fun (work party, holiday meals, etc.). After consulting my coach, we decided that I would take about 6 weeks off with the intention of eating paleo and working out. We set a date for me to get back on IP (today) and I stuck with it!

I didn't do as well with sticking to paleo as I had planned. I went a little crazy and definitely indulged in "off limits" foods more than I should have, but was sticking with my Couch to 5k program. Long story short, I am back in the saddle!

Had my first WI today and only gained 4 lbs! My coach said a lot of it was water, but I did gain a few inches back... not too bad though. I definitely feel recharged and feel a lot more eager to stick OP this time. I know taking a break isn't for everyone, but I ended up looking forward to getting back OP. Excited to be back!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #7  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

Happy almost birthday scorbett! That sounds like an awesome weekend and those appies sound AMAZING! I'd be interested in making the cauliflower crust mini pizzas when I'm out of P1 - unless they're P1 friendly in which case I'd be making them sooner!

Coutney, we all have to do what makes sense for us and keeps us on the program in the long haul! Glad to hear that you're back OP and eager!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:56 AM   #8  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimo88 View Post
Happy almost birthday scorbett! That sounds like an awesome weekend and those appies sound AMAZING! I'd be interested in making the cauliflower crust mini pizzas when I'm out of P1 - unless they're P1 friendly in which case I'd be making them sooner!

Coutney, we all have to do what makes sense for us and keeps us on the program in the long haul! Glad to hear that you're back OP and eager!

Have a great Friday everyone!
Oh they are TOTALLY p1 friendly - I just use egg white as a binder for the food-processed cauliflower grains, a li'l crushed tomato, some chopped broccoli and just enough Veggie Shreds mozzarella to get the flavor a Tbsp of veggie shreds is right around 1 carb, and on mini pizzas I can spread that pretty thin.

Last edited by scorbett1103; 01-09-2015 at 09:58 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:57 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Woo woo it's Friday!

It's a balmy 30 degrees in Massachusetts today, much better than the -15 with wind chill from yesterday Looking forward to a fun weekend, we're doing a joint birthday party for me & my sister in law and watching the Patriots play on Saturday - my other SIL is also going low carb and we talked last night and planned a whole bunch of party food that will be safe for both of us to eat! Going to do some buffalo cauliflower poppers, a big veggie platter, cauliflower crust mini pizzas, and Sweet Fauxtato pie
I'm going to a gamewatching party on Monday nite for the college championship. I'm bringing a veggie tray with mockamole and buffalo chicken chunks. I might try those buffalo cauliflower poppers, too.

Tomrorrow we're going to dinner at a lobster place. That should be relatively easy. Seafood, salad, veggies. Yum.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:59 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'm going to a gamewatching party on Monday nite for the college championship. I'm bringing a veggie tray with mockamole and buffalo chicken chunks. I might try those buffalo cauliflower poppers, too.

Tomrorrow we're going to dinner at a lobster place. That should be relatively easy. Seafood, salad, veggies. Yum.
I always forget about the mocakmole!!! Going to have to make some
Old 01-09-2015, 10:23 AM   #11  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Lovin' Friday! altho this is my last day of leave from work - must return to the salt mines on Monday....

I am having fun with IP packets today -- right now my kitchen is aromatic with chocolate scents coming from the muffins in my oven -- yummmmm

I am doing a sweep up of 'one IP packet remaining in the box' -- a potato puree, a plain pancake, a milk choc drink and an milk chocolate pudding.
All 4 mixed together and then following the muffin recipe with 2 cups of shredded zuke. I think these will be a yummy variation.... I have some WF caramel syrup for a bit of dip or drizzle if desired...

There is the dinger on the timer -- ta ta for now!

Edit to add photo attachments -- a dozen yummy looking muffins - they have barely deflated - I think the potato helps offset that tendency, plus I bake them for close to 30 minutes.... and my 9 month old kitten (big teenager) Bogey thinks these look pretty yummy, too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Choc Packet Muffins.jpg (34.3 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Bogey & Muffins.jpg (32.8 KB, 31 views)

Last edited by oneuh2; 01-09-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old 01-09-2015, 10:28 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I always forget about the mocakmole!!! Going to have to make some
Love, love, love mockamole!

Good morning everyone! It's been crazy cold around here lately - I know I live in the Great White North but seriously, let's stop the wind for a bit 'kay? Getting tired of shovelling that packed snow.

Finally getting over the cold/flu/plague I had before Christmas, thankfully. Bit of a cough left but that's nothing compared to how it was before.

I've been working on some furniture refinishing (dining room table and chair set) and I just realized that I was walking around all day yesterday with primer in my hair - oops!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Jo
Old 01-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Lovin' Friday! altho this is my last day of leave from work - must return to the salt mines on Monday....

I am having fun with IP packets today -- right now my kitchen is aromatic with chocolate scents coming from the muffins in my oven -- yummmmm

I am doing a sweep up of 'one IP packet remaining in the box' -- a potato puree, a plain pancake, a milk choc drink and an milk chocolate pudding.
All 4 mixed together and then following the muffin recipe with 2 cups of shredded zuke. I think these will be a yummy variation.... I have some WF caramel syrup for a bit of dip or drizzle if desired...

There is the dinger on the timer -- ta ta for now!
That sounds delish - look forward to hearing how they turn out!
Old 01-09-2015, 10:47 AM   #14  
IP Start Date Jan 5, 2015

S/C/G: 229/204/165

Height: 5'7"

Good morning iPeeps! Day 5 of IP for me. So far so good. Was a bit headachey last night but it passed. Nothing major. Slept very well. Definitely seeing some downward movement on my home scale, but not going to log any results until my official first WI on Monday. Have a great weekend!
Old 01-09-2015, 11:39 AM   #15  
Started IP 11/26/2014

S/C/G: 205 (190 on IP)/174/150

Height: 5'5"

oneuh2 those muffins look great! I'm going to pick up those packets when I'm at my next weigh in and make those for my mom and I. My mom starts Monday so we'll be experimenting in the kitchen together!
Closed Thread