Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 01-08-2015, 05:02 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Exclamation weight-loss smoothies? instead of juicing...

Hi the last few days I've been juicing strictly veggies and fruit (80% veggies 20% fruit). I've realized I'm going through a TON of produce and I'm on a budget. I was curious if I'd be able to make "smoothies", like homemade V8, to save money (since I won't be throwing 3/4 of it away) and still lose weight? The juicing is working well for me weight loss wise, other than that, it sucks lol. I feel I'm hungry a lot of the time and most of the juice i make is absolutely horrible but I plug my nose like a champ and drink it. The only difference between juicing and blending is the pulp/fiber. Do you think I'll continue losing weight if I start doing smoothie recipes instead? This is all I consume during the day is my juice, no solids or caffeine.
NicoleLynn225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 284/See Ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Yes, and it's supposed to be better for you because of the fiber and nutrients that you get so you stay fuller longer. Check out the 'Body Reset Diet' -- I know people have had a lot of immediate success and you can find a lot of the recipes online without buying the book. However the author also suggests that twice a day you eat a low calorie starch (like 100 calories worth of high fiber crackers because people are more successful/less likely to cheat if there's a 'crunch' involved and a high protein snack like turkey.)
VikingBride2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 07:38 AM   #3  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

You will lose weight due to calorie reduction. Are you following something like the fat sick and nearly dead diet plan? I think the reason for juices is partially that is hard to get enough nutrients if you are just eating fruits/veggies. I've done both juicing and smoothies and honestly, I feel like juicing tastes better. On the other hand, if you are hungry, doing smoothies may help by getting you the fiber you are missing. So you might just want to mix it up.

If you aren't following the fat sick and nearly dead diet plan, you should look at it, it alternates juicing with non juicing days.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 12:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 225/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Yea I am. I stumbled across a website called justonjuice.com and it brought up fat sick and nearly dead. This diet is working wonders for me but I hate throwing away so much of the food...i just cant afford it. I started making veggie smoothies today so I guess we'll see what happens. If I stop losing weight or start gaining it back I guess I'll have to continue juicing and try to stay full on water.
NicoleLynn225 is offline   Reply With Quote