Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-07-2015, 02:37 PM   #1  

Smile Doing What I Can To Make My Journey Successful

Hello everyone,...I don't look at myself as being on a Diet....to me it is a journey to loose my weight and be on the healthier side. I am 46 wife, mother of 3, grandmother of 4. I look at my journey as I can do what I can do....I eat normal foods but do only eat a serving size and I do count my calories. I don't like to have people push their wieghtloss gimmicks on my...ie miracle pill, body wraps. I prefer to do it the old fashion way and be successful knowing I worked hard without any help. I try to get in some type of exercise each day if only for 10 minutes cause I feel that was 10 minutes less doing nothing and 10 minutes more helping myself. I have a wonderful support system in my DH of 28yrs. I post Daily Inspirational Quotes each day on a dry erase board that hangs on my fridge and also post them to my FB wall in hopes any of my friends would like to join in my journey. I try to encourage those that ask as much as I can but seems like the ones that ask are not truly ready to take that step but that is them and I am not going to let anyone bring me down. Hope I can find a few friends here that experience the ups and downs along with me....but glad I have joined you all
wendyc15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 12:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 266/199/165

Height: 5'7

Wendyc15:

You are wonderful! All of the things you mentioned sounds like great motivators and you have it exactly right, this is a journey...nothing more and nothing less. So many times when we want to get healthy we think we need to cut down on all our foods and workout an hour every day and thats not the case. It's about learning to make healthy choices that become healthy habits which will in turn create a healthy lifestyle. You do things that I did when I started this journey to hold myself accountable and to encourage others. I'd love to chat with you, I think we have similar visions and views which is so incredibly refreshing.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Last edited by LilMissLi; 01-10-2015 at 02:35 PM.
LilMissLi is offline   Reply With Quote